Lamar Jackson on why he chose Louisville ...

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He's a right handed taller Michael Vick to me.  Rocket of an arm.  Amazingly quick and elusive on the run.  Has accuracy issues as his completion percentage like Vick was in the mid to upper 50's.  I prefer a more typical drop back style passer with better accuracy, but he's an extremely intriguing prospect.  I would support the Bills taking him at 21 or 22.  

I would support a Bills pick at 22.  I see 21 as a reach

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Lots of drops by his targets....but I really liked today that he he took all the responsibiltiy for that on himself.

It would say a lot more about him if he didn't take responsibility. 

Who knows what he really thinks, but he definitely has poor mechanics and accuracy issues that stem from that. His poor completion percentage is definitely on him.

I wouldn't mind if they took him at 22 and I would be patient with him. I too would like a better passer right out of the gate, but the Bills would need to get to the top 10 for that, unless they think Mason Rudolph or a guy like Mike White have higher ceilings than generally perceived.

28 minutes ago, offyourocker said:

I would support a Bills pick at 22.  I see 21 as a reach

One spot lower is a reach....really?

8 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

It would say a lot more about him if he didn't take responsibility. 

Who knows what he really thinks, but he definitely has poor mechanics and accuracy issues that stem from that. His poor completion percentage is definitely on him.

I wouldn't mind if they took him at 22 and I would be patient with him. I too would like a better passer right out of the gate, but the Bills would need to get to the top 10 for that, unless they think Mason Rudolph or a guy like Mike White have higher ceilings than generally perceived.

You totally are entitled to your opinion....and I understand the want for a more accurate passer

But Im not going to "not ding" someone for something they "didnt say" someone tried to bait him with a comment to see if he would throw his WR's under the bus (because he flat out did have targets dropping balls) and he very quickly dismissed what the reporter was saying and would not fall for the bait.....I think his accountability DOES say something about him.

Mechanics can be corrected...physical talents are off the charts......has the arm for the winters of Buffalo and he runs the offense that the new OC will bring in.

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Jackson has been the recently I've been thinking is our most likely pick. Ever since Wood's retirement I changed my assumption that we're inevitably moving up to we're most likely staying put to keep our draft picks.

I'd be happy with Jackson at 21.

We of course will get bashed for that opinion because of the inevitable comparisons of Tyrod Taylor part 2.

I will live with it.   I will also get right in line if the bills splash and draft Rosen because I understand that as well....it will just be harder to put talent around Rosen because of the price tag.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Lamar Jackson might even be WORSE than Tyrod Taylor.

The guy is a friggin' moron who can't pass.  Destined for failure as an NFL QB.

I still cannot fathom the people like you who just see "black, mobile QB" and lump them all together.

Maybe we should say that Brady, Peyton, Eli, Rivers, Marino, Kelly, bledsoe, and favre are all the same too, you know, because they are "white, pocket QB"??

Not to sound arrogant and condescending... Actually you know what?

I do mean to sound that way...

If you think Tyrod and Lamar are the same then you either don't know anything about QB play/football, or you just haven't watched Jackson play, and are just assuming he's black and fast, so he must be like Tyrod... I'm willing to bet it's option 2.

You don't have to like Jackson, you can say you prefer a pocket guy, whatever the reasoning... But he is NOT just another Tyrod.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

We of course will get bashed for that opinion because of the inevitable comparisons of Tyrod Taylor part 2.

I will live with it.   I will also get right in line if the bills splash and draft Rosen because I understand that as well....it will just be harder to put talent around Rosen because of the price tag.

I really think McDermott's comments that "we aren't as far along as people think" was a statement to fans that we should anticipate keeping all our picks in order to continue to build the team while still taking a QB, just maybe the 4th or 5th best guy rather than one of the top 3.

And, in turn, brace yourselves for one more potential year of Tyrod Taylor.

We'll see though.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I really think McDermott's comments that "we aren't as far along as people think" was a statement to fans that we should anticipate keeping all our picks in order to continue to build the team while still taking a QB, just maybe the 4th or 5th best guy rather than one of the top 3.

We'll see though.

You can also interpret it as we're giving up a lot of draft picks to move up an get Rosen or Darnold so you should curb your enthusiasm as it might be a rough rookie year with little talent around them.

24 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We'll see though.

We will see....I keep going back to the fact that TT was benched for a 5th round rookie this past season.

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

You can also interpret it as we're giving up a lot of draft picks to move up an get Rosen or Darnold so you should curb your enthusiasm as it might be a rough rookie year with little talent around them.

You can interpret this that way if you want, I guess. Though McDermott and Beane don't strike me as viewing 1 player as the Franchise Savior, even if that player is a QB.

Sorry, not curbing my enthusiasm. I can handle my level of enthusiasm just fine, thanks :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We will see....I keep going back to the fact that TT was benched for a 5th round rookie this past season.

And I keep going back to the fact that the OC who reportedly pushed for that benching was the guy let go of instead of Taylor.

Man, he did not come off as very smart in that interview and um I'm not sure if he can handle the mental aspect of the game and um I think he has a lot of anxiety. (Kidding, I think he'll be better than RG3.)

Give me Rudolph at 21 or Kyle Lauletta in the 2nd. Not interested in anyone else. Don't think we should move up either.

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You can interpret this that way if you want, I guess. Though McDermott and Beane don't strike me as viewing 1 player as the Franchise Savior, even if that player is a QB.

Sorry, not curbing my enthusiasm. I can handle my level of enthusiasm just fine, thanks :thumbsup:

And I keep going back to the fact that the OC who reportedly pushed for that benching was the guy let go of instead of Taylor.

The same OC that had worked with TT previously on another team.

Im not defending Dennison here....the team made that decision

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Any GM or coach knows their job depends on the quarterback.  Even though Beane wasn't around at last years draft, the move back to KC's spot was in anticipation of this year's strong QB class.  Giving up Watkins for a #2 by Beane also signaled to me that they were acquiring as many assets as possible to get the quarterback they want.

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Any GM or coach knows their job depends on the quarterback.  Even though Beane wasn't around at last years draft, the move back to KC's spot was in anticipation of this year's strong QB class.  Giving up Watkins for a #2 by Beane also signaled to me that they were acquiring as many assets as possible to get the quarterback they want.

Honest question I do have

I wonder where Lamar Jackson would be ranked in this draft if Rosen and Darnold were not in it.

2 hours ago, the skycap said:

A friggin' moron wouldn't know that he doesn't need to hire an agent while he's on his rookie contract. Just sayin'

He's having his Mom advise him at the combine.  You don't think an agent could help advise him with all this wide receiver talk and how to handle it?  

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Honest question I do have

I wonder where Lamar Jackson would be ranked in this draft if Rosen and Darnold were not in it.

Top10 in the draft

I also wonder where Jackson and Watson would have ranked in their drafts had rgiii not been a Trainwreck after his knee, and instead continued to play his rookie year promise (also, where would that leave cousins??)

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

Lamar Jackson might even be WORSE than Tyrod Taylor.

The guy is a friggin' moron who can't pass.  Destined for failure as an NFL QB.

Lamar has thrown for double the amount of yards tyrod did in college. And for like 5 times as much.hes probably already better than tyrod