Lamar Jackson on why he chose Louisville ...

8 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Don't get overly excited about who the bills meet with. They will meet with every qb prospect. They are doing their due diligence. All this Lamar hype is making me curious though 

This.  They are still in research mode.  I don't think they have ruled out signing a free agent.  If they do, the free agent they sign will undoubtably affect their draft strategy.  If they don't sign a free agent and retain Tyrod, that also will affect their draft strategy.  In particular, those  options will have an effect on whether or not the Bills attempt to trade up to the top 5.  It could also affect whether they draft a QB in the first round at all, though I would be shocked if they don't pick up a QB somewhere in the top three rounds.

• Like (+1) 1

Well, here's my take. Beane did say (I believe it was on Murphy's show) that he would not select a QB based on just what Coach Daboll does or wants. His opinion will be taken under consideration but it doesn't mean he gets who he wants for his offense. But there are some dots that are easy to see connecting here.

- While Beane won't be drafting a guy solely based on Daboll's offense, it doesn't hurt a guys stock that he's familiar with it. Question becomes do they feel he can run another system if Daboll leaves?

- Beane has been making a ton of reference to Cam when talking about Jackson. 

- Always works in he's a former Heisman winner at QB 

- Acknowledges that he "Loves his picks" and at least in the mock draft community Jackson is a guy he can get without giving up any of his picks.

- McDermott has been around mobile QBs for a loooong time. 

All of that, as I said is just a speculative hunch of connecting a bunch of random dots that may mean nothing...or maybe they will. Way too early to tell.

My greatest hesitation in drafting Jackson would be our coaching staff. Can they groom a young and somewhat raw talent at QB? I don't like that our QB coach isn't that experienced (though behind the scenes maybe he's excellent...no real way to know) and we have a defensive minded HC. I know I have seen numbers on Jackson's WRs drop rate that suggest his accuracy isn't as bad as some think. Still doesn't tell me the whole story. When I've watched him...he's absolutely dynamic with the ball in his hands. All in all, I wouldn't break my TV if he was selected.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Don't get overly excited about who the bills meet with. They will meet with every qb prospect. They are doing their due diligence. All this Lamar hype is making me curious though 

What’s the hype you are hearing? Did something new happen?

1 minute ago, the skycap said:

Anyone else ever wonder why we haven't heard from Daboll yet?? No press conference, no nothing?

Always thought it was odd- especially considering coordinators give interviews to the media every week, during the season, and occasionally during camp...if it was a DB coach or a TE coach, I wouldn’t care, but this guy is going to be ruining the entire offense- definitely strange.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

The more time that passes.....the more it makes sense.

People just need to understand that Lamar Jackson is not Tyrod Taylor.....he is a more accomplished passer.

At the end of the day it just might be too difficult to get up to Rosen.

Lamar Jackson might even be WORSE than Tyrod Taylor.

The guy is a friggin' moron who can't pass.  Destined for failure as an NFL QB.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

A friggin' moron wouldn't know that he doesn't need to hire an agent while he's on his rookie contract. Just sayin'

Edited by the skycap

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

That is not what the scouting reports say.....Gug you and I know that the biggest problem is that Lamar reminds you too much of Tyrod due to their playmaking abilities that dont involve passing the ball.

Im not against Rosen or Mayfield for that matter....but this COULD happen

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

That is not what the scouting reports say.....Gug you and I know that the biggest problem is that Lamar reminds you too much of Tyrod due to their playmaking abilities that dont involve passing the ball.

Im not against Rosen or Mayfield for that matter....but this COULD happen

The man threw for 9000 yards and 70 TDs in 2.5 seasons. He makes plays throwing the ball

2 hours ago, PIZ said:

OK.  WTH?  5 minutes ago I thought the guy would be Rosen.  Then Rudolph. Now Jackson.  This is going to be one exciting draft.

It is obvious it will be Baker Mafield.  The only one never mentioned in any rumor.  All others are smoke screens

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I know.....stereotype city around here thought

The guy could be closer to Deshon Watson then TT for all we know.

He's a right handed taller Michael Vick to me.  Rocket of an arm.  Amazingly quick and elusive on the run.  Has accuracy issues as his completion percentage like Vick was in the mid to upper 50's.  I prefer a more typical drop back style passer with better accuracy, but he's an extremely intriguing prospect.  I would support the Bills taking him at 21 or 22.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

He's a right handed taller Michael Vick to me.  Rocket of an arm.  Amazingly quick and elusive on the run.  Has accuracy issues as his completion percentage like Vick was in the mid to upper 50's.  I prefer a more typical drop back style passer with better accuracy, but he's an extremely intriguing prospect.  I would support the Bills taking him at 21 or 22.  

Lots of drops by his targets....but I really liked today that he he took all the responsibiltiy for that on himself.