This is not meant to be a doomed Bills moving

Fan in San Diego  Today, 06:01 AM Post #7 

QUOTE(MarkVaderr50 @ Mar 11 2005, 02:10 AM)

They've been in Buffalo for over 40 years, they'll be there for 50 years more.

If the day does come that the Bills leave Buffalo, minutes after the announcement is made, God will say, "Alright, BEGIN THE APPOCALYPSE!!"

No offense to those here who do not believe in God.

Buffalo's population is shrinking every year. If it keeps shrinking, at some point, it will not be able to sustain an NFL franchise. Many cities including LA, San Diego and Las Vegas are growing every year. They will get a Franchise. It's a numbers thing.

While it is true about Buffalo's population, there are still fans from the other surrounding cities and areas that go to the games also.

Thats what happens out here in the Bay Area. I guarantee you that not all fans who go to the Raiders & 49'ers games are strictly from Oakland & SF.

While it is true about Buffalo's population, there are still fans from the other surrounding cities and areas that go to the games also.

Thats what happens out here in the Bay Area. I guarantee you that not all fans who go to the Raiders & 49'ers games are strictly from Oakland & SF.

270771[/snapback]

Still, the BA is a top five or six media market with 6 million + growing population. We can theoretically support 2 teams.

If all the games are selling out, then it doesn't matter what kind of "pathetic shape" the city of Buffalo is in financially. As long as the tickets sell, the Bills will be in Buffalo.

A new stadium could be a very good thing for Buffalo, if they do two things. 1) Make it have a retractable roof and 2) Put it on the lake and use some of that old Bethlehem Steel and NFTA brownfield property. A lot of people in OP would feel the pinch from the Bills stadium moving towards the city, which would suck, but it's the Buffalo Bills not the Buffalo Bills of Orchard Park. If the politicians up there could get their heads out of the sand and come up with a plan to fund a new stadium, it would work out really nice. Not only would the Bills get a new stadium, but it would give downtown the convention center that we've been hearing they need for as long as I could remember and could possibly put Buffalo on the list to host the Super Bowl. Not to mention put some of that waterfront to use. Personally if the city ever did host the Super Bowl and media slammed us like they did Jacksonville, that'd be fine by me just as long as they're spending the $$$$ while they're doing it.

Put the stadium next to the Lake in BrownFields??? You got to be kidding me . Rehab the Ralph and leave it were it is. You will not find a better road system anywhere else.