Poor, poor Minkah Fitzpatrick

34 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

LeBron James is trash

No. LeBron is a great person. He donates his time and money to charities and kids. http://lebronjamesfamilyfoundation.org/

To his teammates, he's an @$$. I'm ok with that. That's how it is. I would be an @$$hole, too, if I was that good. He left Cleveland and came back. Got them a world championship and multiple Finals appearances. Without LeBron, Cleveland is trash.

7 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

No. LeBron is a great person. He donates his time and money to charities and kids. http://lebronjamesfamilyfoundation.org/

To his teammates, he's an @$$. I'm ok with that. That's how it is. I would be an @$$hole, too, if I was that good. He left Cleveland and came back. Got them a world championship and multiple Finals appearances. Without LeBron, Cleveland is trash.

LeBron is trash. He's a pompous self righteous douchebag.

17 hours ago, papazoid said:

browns are trading out of pick #4

I think this too. I know a lot of people are saying "this is the year they just take two top 5 prospects" but ultimately there will be good trade up offers on the table at #4 unless picks 1, 2 and 3 are ALL Quarterbacks.  I think the Browns will find it too hard to say no.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I think this too. I know a lot of people are saying "this is the year they just take two top 5 prospects" but ultimately there will be good trade up offers on the table at #4 unless picks 1, 2 and 3 are ALL Quarterbacks.  I think the Browns will find it too hard to say no.

I certainly could see them selling that pick to a QB needy team (Bills?) but I have a feeling they will maneuver to get Minkah anyway. They have the ammo to trade back up to wherever they need to get him. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I gently disagree with your take. The Browns have a lot of picks and large cap space. What most of the Cleveland media people who follow the team are saying is that Cleveland is looking to add high impact players rather than adding a quantity of solid players. The new GM is not going to settle for a strategy of continuing on with what has kept this franchise mired in the laughing section. He needs to make an immediate impact rather than steadily go on. There is only so much room on the roster. With the addition of free agents, a boatload of picks and a roster of a lot of young players there is only so much room on the roster. 

You know how to say no? Just say no!:)

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I gently disagree with your take. The Browns have a lot of picks and large cap space. What most of the Cleveland media people who follow the team are saying is that Cleveland is looking to add high impact players rather than adding a quantity of solid players. The new GM is not going to settle for a strategy of continuing on with what has kept this franchise mired in the laughing section. He needs to make an immediate impact rather than steadily go on. There is only so much room on the roster. With the addition of free agents, a boatload of picks and a roster of a lot of young players there is only so much room on the roster. 

You know how to say no? Just say no!:)

I agree - I think if he does trade down from 4 he will be more interested in trading for a current player who he can start immediately (he would happily take a contract off of someone’s hands, he needs vets) and/or picks next year vs picks in this year’s draft.

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree - I think if he does trade down from 4 he will be more interested in trading for a current player who he can start immediately (he would happily take a contract off of someone’s hands, he needs vets) and/or picks next year vs picks in this year’s draft.

Yolo, you are closer to the Cleveland scene than most of us are. Has the organization made a judgment on Kizer's prospects as a franchise qb? Have they seen enough to move on to someone else? Are they putting out feelers to other teams indicating that he is available. 

Although many people scoff at the notion of Cleveland soon becoming relevant, I see it differently. They have a collection of talented young players. If they could do something dramatic and unexpected such as getting a good veteran qb I believe that they can take a very big leap forward. I get the impression that the new GM who is widely respected doesn't want to take the long road to respectability but wants to take a faster route. That is done by adding more veterans to the mix. 

On 3/1/2018 at 1:13 PM, Boyst62 said:

The best football player in Cleveland isn't even playing for the Browns (LeBron douchebag James)

Shocker, the resident stars and bars waving racist hick doesn't like outspoken, articulate black athletes who challenge the white status quo. He should shut up and dribble right? 

47 minutes ago, zonabb said:

Shocker, the resident stars and bars waving racist hick doesn't like outspoken, articulate black athletes who challenge the white status quo. He should shut up and dribble right? 

That is how you see it?  Well, you're wrong.

He's a douche because he is a douche who self grandizes and behaves like a pompous arrogant dick

40 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

That is how you see it?  Well, you're wrong.

He's a douche because he is a douche who self grandizes and behaves like a pompous arrogant dick

Come again? How's he do that?

6 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

How long have you followed him in his career?

A long time. Tough to self aggrandize when you're knocking on GOAT status.  

Is he perfect?  Hell no.  The Decision was horrible and I could do w/o out the occasional subtweet.  

1 minute ago, stony said:

A long time. Tough to self aggrandize when you're knocking on GOAT status.  

Is he perfect?  Hell no.  The Decision was horrible and I could do w/o out the occasional subtweet.  

So you remember his own self hype and that of his mother in middle school?  High school?  You remember the way he treats those in Akron and those who grew up with and long time friends?  He demands to be treated like royalty everywhere he goes similar to that of Warren Sapp.

11 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

LeBron is trash. He's a pompous self righteous douchebag.

Why? Please be specific. I gave you an example showing why he's a great person. I noticed that your tag says, "Confederate States of America." Is it because LeBron spoke out against Trump?

4 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Why? Please be specific. I gave you an example showing why he's a great person. I noticed that your tag says, "Confederate States of America." Is it because LeBron spoke out against Trump?

4 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

No. I wasn't aware that he did, actually. But athletes shouldn't speak up about politics. It's not their place.

And I've written enough on the subject. Feel free to view the rest of the thread for my comments and lighten up...