Prediction- trade up for Vita Vea

20 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

I absolutely love Vita Vea. I think he is going to be an elite player. Giving up an extra pick in the third to move up would be an absolute steal. Any other year.

Our only third is the Eagles pick which is the last one in that round before the comp picks. I think it would take more than that to move up in the 1st 5-6 spots.

47 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

If the Dolphins trade up and I have already allowed for that they might then building a stout defense becomes imperative.  Just our luck that Brady will play at a high level for a few more years, Dolphins get Rosen, and the Jets sign Cousins.  We can look forward to going 1-5 or 0-6 in the division if those unholy stars align and we neglect the defense.  I'm trying to remember Batman's line from the 1966 movie about the team up of Joker, Riddler, Penguin, and Catwoman because that is what it will be like.  

Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb?

I think there is a good chance Kyle does not return.  Thus we need 2 DT.  Obviously QB is the most important position but if we can't get in position to draft one of the top QB then I think this is a realistic scenario.  Maurice Hurst is a little man and we don't want to settle for the next Torrell Troup.

Just now, freester said:

I think there is a good chance Kyle does not return.  Thus we need 2 DT.  Obviously QB is the most important position but if we can't get in position to draft one of the top QB then I think this is a realistic scenario.  Maurice Hurst is a little man and we don't want to settle for the next Torrell Troup.

Even if Kyle does return we need 2 DT. But I anticipate one in FA and one in the draft. It’s a deep draft for DT, don’t need to trade up for vita Vea.

On 2/28/2018 at 7:19 PM, freester said:

I can see this happening if Vea is around at pick 16. We would give only a 3rd to move up a few spots.  He is the next Haloti Ngata and we have nothing at DT

OOOO GOD NO NO NO NO NO. 

I like Vea, a lot....but DT - LB - RB and QB are deep in this Draft class, relative to their position (meaning there's potential 6 great QBs and another two or three decent ones, which is deep for QBs). And as I feel about the QB, you do not trade UP for a position of tremendous depth. You use your picks as slotted when you have many of them. You trade UP when there is a dearth of talent that you truly covet, and that's usually just for QB in the 1st round....unless you're Doug Whaley (:angry:)

On 2/28/2018 at 7:19 PM, freester said:

I can see this happening if Vea is around at pick 16. We would give only a 3rd to move up a few spots.  He is the next Haloti Ngata and we have nothing at DT

According to the infamous "draft value chart", to go from 21 to 16 is a point value of 200 points and our 3rd round pick #96 is 116 points

I personally am not in favor of trading up except for a QB