Would you trade for Gronk?

plenzmd1

1 hour ago, BigBuff423 said:

No....sorry, I'm just one of those guys who believes once a significant transgression has occurred on the field like Gronk's this last year, I'm out. Prior to this year, I would have said, "Yup" all day depending on the asking price, but now, with his douche-bag, selfish, childish temper tantrum bull****, nope....never, not on my team if it were me. 

Off the field stuff can be managed to some degree, like his silly antics and partying lifestyle, to that - who cares as long as he isn't hurting himself or anyone else and abiding by the law. But, on the field cheap shot, potentially dangerous and career threatening....nope, to hell with you and the horse you rode in on....

I would add Life Threatening too. If he hits Tre in the right spot and breaks his neck, it could have very well ended his life.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

No. Not at all. He is surviving up there because of BB and the culture. He would be a Trainwreck without discipline and has nothing left to play for.

Hard pass 

Leaving out the impact on Tre' White, I think people need to ask "why?" that happened and listen to what Gronk said about it.

Boyst is right.  Gronk is surviving because he's in this system that gets him open and gets him the ball.  He gets away with pushing off on every play IMO because, Pats, and when a DB manages to shut him down anyway, he became dangerously (in the Tre White case, homicidally) frustrated. 

This is not a player that has the patience or the character to move into a different system and buy in and be patient and work hard, especially if the calls he is used to getting no longer go his way.

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

This article by Curran makes it sound like Gronk is sick of the atmosphere in New England and that is a big reason he is considering retirement. Even says he was thinking about this in training camp. PFT hinted he may be open to a trade.

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/curran-gronkowski-has-been-unhappy-training-camp

Maybe he would be open to coming home?? Be like BB to trade a guy prolly hitting the downside of his career. My question is what would you trade for him? Tre White thing too much to overcome?

He has two years left on his deal, about $10M per. 

I am just not sure if I would do this or not. He has taken a beating for 8 years, contemplating retirement..maybe a 3rd? Possible a 2nd?  No way would I go a 1st.

Ideas?

picard-facepalm.jpg

Depends if he is still committed to playing football. He's a dominant HoF player with some years left, if he still wants to play.

It's a huge red flag that it's coming out now that he was considering retirement during the 2017 training camp.

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yeah, he traded Bledsoe to us. Because he felt like he was on the downslope and damaged goods. 

So, yes, Belichick would trade us Gronk. If he felt Gronk was a broken down horse. In which case - why would you want him?

well, that's the premise of the thread..would ya trade for him? It offseason and all, not a whole lot to yap about:P

All just hypotheticals to waste time..

But I will say I don't think he is just "a system" guy, I think he is/was a very special talent. 

Other thing to consider is if you did trade for him, would have to cut Clay...and then we got even more dead cap:doh: