Would you trade for Gronk?

plenzmd1

This article by Curran makes it sound like Gronk is sick of the atmosphere in New England and that is a big reason he is considering retirement. Even says he was thinking about this in training camp. PFT hinted he may be open to a trade.

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/curran-gronkowski-has-been-unhappy-training-camp

Maybe he would be open to coming home?? Be like BB to trade a guy prolly hitting the downside of his career. My question is what would you trade for him? Tre White thing too much to overcome?

He has two years left on his deal, about $10M per. 

I am just not sure if I would do this or not. He has taken a beating for 8 years, contemplating retirement..maybe a 3rd? Possible a 2nd?  No way would I go a 1st.

Ideas?

20 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

This article by Curran makes it sound like Gronk is sick of the atmosphere in New England and that is a big reason he is considering retirement. Even says he was thinking about this in training camp. PFT hinted he may be open to a trade.

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/curran-gronkowski-has-been-unhappy-training-camp

Maybe he would be open to coming home?? Be like BB to trade a guy prolly hitting the downside of his career. My question is what would you trade for him? Tre White thing too much to overcome?

I am just not sure if I would do this or not. He has taken a beating for 8 years, contemplating retirement..maybe a 3rd? Possible a 2nd?  No way would I go a 1st.

Ideas?

Eh, I can’t see it happening. Even if Gronkowski doesn’t retire, the pats might be inclined to part ways with him anyways. BB is known to cut bait with some good players on the downslope of their careers. Gronk would still be a force if he decides to keep playing, I’d say for at least another 3 years, as long as he’s healthy. That being said, if he doesn’t retire, and the pats move on, I can’t see them doing business with an afc east rival. BB takes players from the Bills, he doesn’t give them any. Especially the most dominant TE ever. IMO 

A Heady Topper, 2 Focal Bangers and maybe 1 each of recent Other Half can releases

38 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Ideas?

No....sorry, I'm just one of those guys who believes once a significant transgression has occurred on the field like Gronk's this last year, I'm out. Prior to this year, I would have said, "Yup" all day depending on the asking price, but now, with his douche-bag, selfish, childish temper tantrum bull****, nope....never, not on my team if it were me. 

Off the field stuff can be managed to some degree, like his silly antics and partying lifestyle, to that - who cares as long as he isn't hurting himself or anyone else and abiding by the law. But, on the field cheap shot, potentially dangerous and career threatening....nope, to hell with you and the horse you rode in on....

7 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

A Heady Topper, 2 Focal Bangers and maybe 1 each of recent Other Half can releases

as long as they arent the stupid overly sweet milkshake IPAs full of lactose I would be ok....oh wait, we are trading these FOR gronk

But really, No....huge injury question marks, recent questioning of his own commitment to football, huge !@#$....no thanks 

37 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

No. Not at all. He is surviving up there because of BB and the culture. He would be a Trainwreck without discipline and has nothing left to play for.

Hard pass 

36 minutes ago, KGun12TD said:

I don't like him much and with his retirement talk and just him being an a-hole...NO!

22 minutes ago, ALF said:

Not for $10M a year with his injury history , and what he did to Tre White.

These should just about sum up my feelings.