Ravens sign Vincent cheap

Ravens | Vincent Agrees to Terms - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 10 Mar 2005 18:59:48 -0800

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports the Baltimore Ravens have agreed in principle on a three-year contract with free agent OG Keydrick Vincent (Steelers). The deal is worth $4.64 million and includes a $1.25 million signing bonus. The agreement is pending Vincent passing a physical, which team officials were working to set up for Friday, March 11.

Man, that IS cheap... now I REALLY don't want to pay $3 mil/yr for DeMulling...

Plus there's this:

Ravens | No Longer Interested in DeMulling - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 10 Mar 2005 19:10:24 -0800

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports the Baltimore Ravens are no longer a suitor for free agent OG Rick DeMulling (Colts) after agreeing to contract terms with OG Keydrick Vincent. A league source said DeMulling priced himself out of the team's range following a visit with the club.

Damn - priced himself out? Why can't we get the cheaper guys? Vincent and Cosey Coleman were less than $2mil/year each...

We paid this for Villarrial and he's 31...

OG Chris Villarrial - 4 yrs. $11.85M. SB $3.6M.

I'd offer the same thing to DeMulling and hope he takes it.

270344[/snapback]

I think we can get him cheaper. A little worried about the Vikes perhaps, but if they try to sign Sharper, they might have free spent themselves too much. Demulling and his agent may press the panic button soon and worry they may get shut out. I think we can get him for 10 million for 4 years.

Why were we never in the market for Vincent? He was a huge run-blocker with a small price tag. Plus, he was a former Steeler. Just seems like the kind of guy we would have loved to at least come in for an interview. Were there any glaring negatives to his game that probably steered TD/MM/McNally away from him?

Why were we never in the market for Vincent? He was a huge run-blocker with a small price tag. Plus, he was a former Steeler. Just seems like the kind of guy we would have loved to at least come in for an interview. Were there any glaring negatives to his game that probably steered TD/MM/McNally away from him?

270358[/snapback]

Vincent was quoted as saying that he wanted to stay in the division and ignored any potential allegiance to any former Steeler. I really don't think that we are going to get Demulling. If you ask me, since #4 in GB is coming back for another year, I think you may see there.

270358[/snapback]

It would upset alot of wallers greatly if TD even tried to acquire another ex-Stiller. :devil:

Man, that IS cheap... now I REALLY don't want to pay $3 mil/yr for DeMulling...

Plus there's this:

Ravens | No Longer Interested in DeMulling - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 10 Mar 2005 19:10:24 -0800

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports the Baltimore Ravens are no longer a suitor for free agent OG Rick DeMulling (Colts) after agreeing to contract terms with OG Keydrick Vincent. A league source said DeMulling priced himself out of the team's range following a visit with the club.

Damn - priced himself out?  Why can't we get the cheaper guys?  Vincent and Cosey Coleman were less than $2mil/year each...

270327[/snapback]

Maybe he priced himself higher there knowing they wouldnt want him and then he could sign with a quality club like the Bills :devil:

DeMulling is pricing himself too high and his options are dwindling fast. His agent needs to wise up.

If the Bills had both DeMulling and Womack in town, they obviously graded out the best, in the eyes of McNally. Give it a few days and we'll probably hear something.

I was talking to a freind who is a diehard colts fan. He told me DeMulling is a friggen animal! He said the guy is a very very good ofrensive lineman and it hurts to lose him. I hope Buffalo can get a deal done with him. The Bills offensive line needs more tough guys!

Get him signed Donahoe! 3 million per season is not that bad for a quality guard. The price on guards is not going down anytime soon.

I was talking to a freind who is a diehard colts fan. He told me DeMulling is a friggen animal! He said the guy is a very very good ofrensive lineman and it hurts to lose him. I hope Buffalo can get a deal done with him. The Bills offensive line needs more tough guys!

Get him signed Donahoe! 3 million per season is not that bad for a quality guard. The price on guards is not going down anytime soon.

270458[/snapback]

Heard the same thing from my buddy who is a Colts freak. He said DeMulling was the only lineman that wasn't locked up for a long term deal. They would love to keep him, but they can't have everyone they want, because of the huge money already tied up in Peyton, Marvin, etc..

He said they will HATE to see him go.

SIGN HIM TOM DAMN YOU!!!

270358[/snapback]

like maybe he is dumb as a door knob?

BINGO!

if this Vincent was of such a high caliber, there is NO WAY an OL-obsessed Pi$$burgh squad would have let him go, period.

270753[/snapback]

exactly.... i'm tired of seeing people get up in arms about "missing the boat" on guys we wouldn't be able to pick out of a lineup

BINGO!

if this Vincent was of such a high caliber, there is NO WAY an OL-obsessed Pi$$burgh squad would have let him go, period.

270753[/snapback]

i'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that their pro bowl guard kendall simmons is coming back to resume his starting spot in the offense and they couldn't offer vincent a starting job........

sorry, i'll let you get back to making excuses for TD now.......i don't want facts getting in the way.........

i'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that their pro bowl guard kendall simmons is coming back to resume his starting spot in the offense and they couldn't offer vincent a starting job........

sorry, i'll let you get back to making excuses for TD now.......i don't want facts getting in the way.........

270756[/snapback]

Dude, now you're just busting balls.