Jeremiah and Brooks: Best Fits for Top QBs via UFA, Trade, and the Draft

26CornerBlitz

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There's "interested" and then there's "top price interested" IYKWIM?

I would absolutely believe that Pittsburgh might draft Allen if he falls to them.  It makes huge sense for them - there's that Big Ben size and cannon arm.  If I were Kevin Colbert watching Allen I would be like "Oh, Yeah, we're interested" and if he's there at #28 you pull the trigger.

But to trade up to the top 5 picks of the draft from #28 if that's what it takes, or even to the top 15?  That's pretty prohibitive when you badly need a top talent LB and you've got a functional QB.

They are more top 15 I would think in Allen (maybe 13). I don’t think that they will play in the top 5 but could see a couple of 1sts and maybe another pick. The top 5-10 don’t seem likely imo. I just know that they are considering going up for him.

6 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

For me, all of this information - presuming it's accurate - only solidifies my belief that the Bills should simply stand pat and let the Draft come to them because the Saints and Steelers are now in the "QB hunt" if this information is true, meaning you add two more teams to an already depleted supply market. The Bills would need to essentially give up the farm to go up into the top 5 to get their guy, and they don't have that luxury. In that scenario, and only in the scenario where this is reliable information, I would go after Cousins simply due to the demand being too great for the Bills to meet the price. 

If they were to outbid the other teams, it would take both 1sts, a 2nd this year, a 1st and a 2nd next year and probably a player....that is far, far too rich for a team that has so many needs just based on their own players becoming UFAs. 

The Steelers info is good. The Saints is more speculation.

I don’t see the Steelers going too high though and the Saints can’t put together the package that we can. I think that those teams are interested in some of the guys that we might be but they will have to make a bigger sacrifice than the Bills because they have fewer resources.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They are more top 15 I would think in Allen (maybe 13). I don’t think that they will play in the top 5 but could see a couple of 1sts and maybe another pick. The top 5-10 don’t seem likely imo. I just know that they are considering going up for him.

The Steelers info is good. The Saints is more speculation.

I don’t see the Steelers going too high though and the Saints can’t put together the package that we can. I think that those teams are interested in some of the guys that we might be but they will have to make a bigger sacrifice than the Bills because they have fewer resources.  

There ya go, talking about packages again...does Joe Webb know you've been cheating? :D

• Haha (+1) 1