TV shows that were cut way too soon

Another Fan

20 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Pretty sure it's on Netflix. Like i stated before, the first 3 or 4 seasons is the best TV ever made Imo. The final seasons wernt terrible, but didn't live up to the previous ones. If you've never watched it, I'd highly recommend it. 

i will certainly put it under consideration, you have good recommendations...

3 hours ago, eSJayDee said:

I'll second ST:TOS & Freaks and Geeks, although I didn't watch them when they originally came out.

I'll also add Arrested Development (which I also seldom watched when it came out.)  Also, Camelot, which was on I think Starz for one season.

Arrested development is still going on Netflix. The have only done one season since fox canceled it but they have said they plan another 2, just issues with the cat and scheduling holding it up IIRC. Now I wonder if there will be issues cause of Jeffrey Tambor?

The last season (first on netflix) wasn't horrible in my opinion. The issue was that because of the casts being off a d having other projects, scheduling was a nightmare so they had to film lots of parts separately when a cast member was available and work the season as characters having their own episodes

1 hour ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

The OC only lasted 3 seasons. 

I used to like it back in the day and thought it could have gone longer

The OC? 

Please turn in your man card and stop embarrassing Canada.........

• Haha (+1) 1

Obligatory stop in to say that Firefly was cancelled because it sucked.

Just now, Rockpile233 said:

Thought of another one...

Party Down was a great show that unfortunately only got a couple seasons.

Party Down was a great show.  Love how it pretty much only got a couple of seasons because the washed-up actors playing washed-up actors got good gigs.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

China Beach...critically acclaimed, but only lasted 4 seasons.

Dana Delaney. :wub:

It is Dana Delany - remember her voice from DC animated features when she voices Lois Lane very well.

And add another vote for Firefly.  Fox really screwed the pooch on that show.

19 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

The Borgias 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

The wifey loved that show...

which Borgia series?  There were two concurrent Borgia series, one on Netflix and the other on Showtime, that sometimes get confused with one another

The Borgias, Showtime, with Jeremy Irons as Rodrigo

Borgia, Netflix, with John Doman as Rodrigo

13 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

which Borgia series?  There were two concurrent Borgia series, one on Netflix and the other on Showtime, that sometimes get confused with one another

The Borgias, Showtime, with Jeremy Irons as Rodrigo

Borgia, Netflix, with John Doman as Rodrigo

The one with Jeremy Irons was great.     Is the one on Netflix any good or is it trash ?

18 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

The one with Jeremy Irons was great.     Is the one on Netflix any good or is it trash ?

The Netflix series is a lower quality production (less budget I think) but definitely worth watching.  Very different takes on some of the characters.

And unlike the Showtime Borgias, the Netflix Borgias ran to a planned final season that wraps up several story lines

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, seregil42 said:

A bit of a guilty pleasure, I always like Pushing Daisies.

Pushing Daisies is not a guilty pleasure, it was an excellent show. Damn that writer's strike!

I will also add "Invasion" from FOX, starring William Fichtner. A very good drama/sci-fi, that lasted an entire season. I think 22 episodes.

"Threshold" was another good drama/sci-fi from CBS, starring Carla Gugino, Brent Spiner & Peter Dinklage. Only lasted half a season. 

"Journeyman" from NBC starring Kevin McKidd had a neat premise, but very few people were watching.

Would have been great to see "Veronica Mars" last longer than 3 seasons.