Case Keenum Headed for UFA - Unlikely to Return to MIN

26CornerBlitz

If the money was equal to what Taylor is signed for then I'd be excited about Keenum but I think someone would overpay him. 

Cousin/Foles are the only options I'd be exploring outside of the draft. Both of whom have maxed out their value and that has to push the Bills towards going all out for a QB in the draft. Just do itttttttt.

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Yolo, do you think a Keenum signing takes them out of the QB draft?

I think Cleveland is a no, not sure about the Jests.

No to both. Unless the Jets think they can salvage one of Sackenberg or Petty, but their actions don’t seem to support that belief.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I don't want to sign Keenum. I do rate him higher than most here seem to and did want us to sign him last offseason but he is going to get overpaid based on this past season and someone is going to at least give a couple of years commitment to him as a starter I expect. 

I have no problem with him as the bridge QB, but not if he’s going to get paid as a starter.

As a fan, I would much prefer Bradford. Better QB, plus the chosen one will see the field sooner after he gets hurt.

Just now, Rico said:

I have no problem with him as the bridge QB, but not if he’s going to get paid as a starter.

As a fan, I would much prefer Bradford. Better QB, plus the chosen one will see the field sooner after he gets hurt.

If only FA came after the draft like it does in the NBA because I totally agree. If you know you have Rosen or Mayfield then Bradford is a perfect fit imo. If you don’t know what rookie you are going to be able to get, you need to know you can depend on your vet for a certain length of time.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No to both. Unless the Jets think they can salvage one of Sackenberg or Petty, but their actions don’t seem to support that belief.

I tend to agree.

I really wonder what guys like Bradford and Bridgewater are asking for in terms of years/Avg salary?

This year has the makings of one of the craziest FA's in a long time, maybe ever.

paying 20-25+ mil for a Case or a Foles just seems kind of crazy to me, when you can get an above average talent in the draft this year for $5m .. football revolves around the Qb, but i not sure about the old "QB carrying an otherwise average team" anymore... things seem to be evolving the other way, where a great roster can carry an above average QB at least to the conference title games.   what say you?   I say a great "Rest of the Roster" + Nate Peterman + rookie QB picked at 21 makes the playoff run 3 out of the next 5 years.  what say you?  

1 minute ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

paying 20-25+ mil for a Case or a Foles just seems kind of crazy to me, when you can get an above average talent in the draft this year for $5m .. football revolves around the Qb, but i not sure about the old "QB carrying an otherwise average team" anymore... things seem to be evolving the other way, where a great roster can carry an above average QB at least to the conference title games.   what say you?   I say a great "Rest of the Roster" + Nate Peterman + rookie QB picked at 21 makes the playoff run 3 out of the next 5 years.  what say you?  

I say no to any equation with Peterman in it. 

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Wow. Those Vikings love them some Teddy.  

I don't think this is awful for the Bills.  Someone will sign Keenum to be a starter.  It might mean we have to recalibrate the way the market was going to fall into place a bit but it isn't an extra open spot... because Keenum will take one of the other spots.  

Did the shaky performance in the second half of Saints game and awful Eagles game get you off the Keenum bandwagon?

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Wow. Those Vikings love them some Teddy.  

I don't think this is awful for the Bills.  Someone will sign Keenum to be a starter.  It might mean we have to recalibrate the way the market was going to fall into place a bit but it isn't an extra open spot... because Keenum will take one of the other spots.  

I could see the Dolphins signing him to replace Moore with the caveat to Keenum being: "You come in and compete with Tannehill, whoever wins, starts".....otherwise, it would need to be a team built in similar fashion as the Vikes: good D, good WRs to help him out, strong running game. In other words, he doesn't have to carry the team, he just has to do his part. IMHO, those teams are NOT:

Airizona

Cleveland

Bills

Jets

It's even harder to find a team who believes in him so much they're willing to turn over the keys to the franchise to him....I don't see it. I think it will be a smaller market for him....he'll find somewhere to go, but not sure it will be for a lot of money and I'm not sure it's to automatically be penciled in as the starter. 

The Vikings have Barr, Kendrick’s and Danielle Hunter coming up for free agency after the season. Maybe they draft a couple replacements this year, but they’ve been the strength of that team imo.  I could see them wading into the cousins water, but not sure if paying a decent qb 30 mil a year is the right move for them.  I think they love Teddy and will offer him a pretty cheap contract to be the starter while they draft someone to groom.  But I’m the guy laying on the beach writing on a message board.