Time for an 8-minute car crash

\GoBillsInDallas/

I’ve driven on the Thruway in those conditions many times. The vehicles in this video are going too fast. Just line up in the slow lane and go 40 mph. It’s not rocket surgery.

I also got a chuckle when I noticed the first truck was from the Swift trucking company. He stopped successfully, which doesn’t surprise me. Swift trucks are always the slowest and most cautious trucks on the road. It must be a company policy. 

1 hour ago, Gray Beard said:

I’ve driven on the Thruway in those conditions many times. The vehicles in this video are going too fast. Just line up in the slow lane and go 40 mph. It’s not rocket surgery.

I also got a chuckle when I noticed the first truck was from the Swift trucking company. He stopped successfully, which doesn’t surprise me. Swift trucks are always the slowest and most cautious trucks on the road. It must be a company policy. 

Swift is tough to work for. Their insurance is extremely low because they only hire the best drivers

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Swift is tough to work for. Their insurance is extremely low because they only hire the best drivers

My wife could not drive for Swift. It’s a good thing she’s really good at her existing job, because she seems to love the challenge of tailgating. 

6 hours ago, mead107 said:

All going way to fast.  

Totally!

All stupid driver behavior to blame.  There is only one lane with some traction, visibility is really poor, and yet people are not leaving big enough braking gaps between vehicles and they are driving fast....

You have to know driving like that that you cannot change lanes and expect not to spin, so that is not an escape option...and yet they are buzzing along too fast for conditions and with tight gaps between vehicles, relatively speaking.

Well, your average person is an idiot.  We already knew that.