Rapaport: Bills won’t cut Tyrod, fine with paying 6 mill bonus

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Wawrow is exactly right.  Cutting Tyrod now, just to scratch an itch among an annoying part of the fanbase, makes no sense.  They screwed this up royally with Fitz and it's nice to see them learning.

EDIT: ^^see above^^ as if on cue... :lol:

Maybe if they do not scratch the itch they will go away.  I would prefer they be locked up on an island like a leper colony but what ever works.

14 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

You might get your wish. Oh the joy of more Tyrod threads all next season

I want him gone just as much as everyone else and he will be. The preference has to be to trade him and you might as well get a pick back in return. Most importantly, you cannot create this hole at QB without making a deal to move up to at least #2 prior to cutting him (that also has to presume you want Darnold or Rosen and don't care which on CLE takes if any). I started to put this together yesterday in another post and was discussing with Hapless. You telegraph your moves and will ultimately really drive your price to move up even higher; since it is now an even bigger glaring hole.

TT is near the end of the line here...relax, step away from the bridge and lets at least get to the draft...doom and gloom can start if we don't get a QB in the draft & TT is still on the roster...chill my man

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

So is South Jersey (see: City, Atlantic)

Borgata, Bare Xxxposure, and the Tropicana are elite ! 

1 hour ago, John from Hemet said:

I disagree......that jags defense is good.....and "any other qb" would probably have thrown what....three interceptions?

The "any other qb" thing is just insane

Hooray for the guy that doesn’t pass for yards, scores, or interceptions.   Hopefully there’s a gm out there that values these things and will ship us a 5th rounder

15 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

There's no need for them to be upset. It is still incredibly likely that we will try to trade Tyrod, Rappaport said as much in the clip.

This, light those phones up boys 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I 100% KNEW you would make this comment. Watch the video. They aren't trying to keep him as our starter. They're waiting for another option to present itself.

Yeah man I watched it, we will see if this is a truly new era to get excited about that has us a new QB or is it the same big talk out of OBD that falls flat like the last few decades stuck again with some other teams backup wishing for a miracle Cinci team to get us a wild card.

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I 100% KNEW you would make this comment. Watch the video. They aren't trying to keep him as our starter. They're waiting for another option to present itself.

Hopefully it does and they also have to find a dance partner to consummate a deal. 

14 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...actually a pretty smart strategy and doesn't imply that TT is definitely here in 2018.....all 2017 contracts expire and FA starts 3/14.....McBeane would have a two day gun to his head before having to pay roster bonus on 3/16.....any opposing GM would just wait and call his bluff......this removes the gun, so now there is plenty of time to shop him and "let's make a deal" with something in return.......

I'd much rather use the cap 6 mill on a position of need and avoid the 2019 dead cap hit by cutting him. What do you realistically think you can trade Tyrod for? A 5th maybe? There are so many better options then this.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm not even sure this is news. Everyone knows we want to trade him and paying his roster bonus is the easiest way to make that happen.

Easiest way to piss away millions just to get stuck with him. Before this season he was worth more and still not one team offered a bag donuts for him.

Edited by xRUSHx

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

they could hang on to him through summer in case of injury when some team is desperate and could trade more than usual (I.e. Eagles with Bradford). 

Could be. Doesnt matter to me to much only thing that ruins my offseason is NOT getting a QB early in draft. Sitting at 21 and waiting for one to fall is going to kill my offseason