Trevor Siemian expected to be on trading block

59 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Real value, huh?

What's the Cap impact if we cut Taylor tomorrow? Now subtract that number from $23 million and you have your real Cap impact for the next 2 years.

Forgive me if I don't take much credence from the guy who said there was nearly no chance in Buffalo paying Taylor his $6 million bonus by March 16th, yet the reports right now are that that's exactly what they're going to do unless they can trade him before then.

Siemian sucks and would be a big downgrade from Taylor. McBeane won't downgrade the position. And this isn't me saying that Simeon won't be on the team. I can reasonably Envision him being a Buffalo Bill, but it would only be because we've traded up likely with Denver to the V Spot and plan on getting one of the top 2 or 3 QBs. That would constitute an upgrade and would absolutely be reason for Taylor to be gone. But if we aren't massively trading up like that and we stay put right around where we are in the draft, Buffalo more likely than not will keep Taylor for one more year.

The "cap impact" of having a guy is how much he costs. Period.

What you're talking about doesn't have a one-word name. It's the cap impact of keeping him over letting him go. "Cap difference," maybe, something like that. Tyrod's cap impact, if they keep him for 2018, will be $23 mill. And the cap impact of keeping Tyrod over letting him go, the number you're referring to is still far far too high. 

Asked for what a QB needed to do to be his QB, McD said one thing. Not a list of many. One. You've got to be able to throw from the pocket. They gave Tyrod a chance and he proved he couldn't.

So yeah, the cap impact of keeping him is too high for a guy who doesn't meet the one requirement they have.

One requirement.

Oh, and you're assuming - completely wrongly - that because that's what Siemian is now he can't get a lot better. He can. He might. Plenty of guys do around their fourth year. 

I agree he'd be a downgrade from Taylor but sometimes downgrades are OK. A down grade from sub-mediocre to even further sub-mediocre isn't going to make a big difference. What really is going to make a big difference is the probably $10 mill difference in their salaries.

Oh, and first, if you don't think there's a pretty decent chance that "we'll pay the bonus" thing is to try to get teams to trade before the deadline, we'll have to disagree. I agree I didn't think of the possibility that they'd try to "buy" a draft pick by paying the $6 mill in hopes that someone would trade after. No question paying that bonus makes him a far more desirable trade target.

IMHO the chances of Tyrod being on our roster this year have gone up, a very small amount. It could easily be to create demand, but who knows. If he's actually gets the bonus the Bills will have the upper hand in trade talks. HIs value might go up a bit as well. It was an interesting move.

Edited by Thurman#1

Why on Earth would we TRADE and give up any kind of an ASSET to get a backup QB when we can sign one in FA cheaply that is of Trevors quality?  

Enough about these scrub FA QB's people want to over pay for or trade assets to get.  We are drafting a rookie, whoever plays until the rookie takes over is utterly irrelevant.  Trot out Tim Tebow and it wont matter.  Its about the rookie, not about the handful of games before the rookie starts.  

If Trevor is a FA, sure...could be him or a sack of rocks...doesnt matter.  Hell let Peterman lose us a bunch of games...doesnt matter.  Its all about the rookie from that point on and anyone who plays in between matter less than the bags of dog poop I pick up every morning from my 3 dogs.

1 hour ago, JPP said:

I.....was.......just......putting....out........a......stat.........for your dumb arse....but instead of discussion you have to throw out an uprovoked insult.....i guess thats your shitck?....cant debate so you feel you have to insult someone.......reading maybe my friend but you lack a substantial amount of comprehension as it clearly shows........bye felicia.....

Yeah, you were indeed putting out a dumb stat for my arse, a completely irrelevant stat which had zero to do with anything I'd said. 

You misread my post, got irritated, refused to admit it and now your panties are so wadded up you're discussing me with other people and actually agreeing with Transplant.

I've said again and again i"m not especially a Siemian fan. Just think in many ways he's a better option than Tyrod, as are many others. You just misread me and now your ego's all involved.

Fine, guess I know who you are now.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The more I think about the Blake Bortles/Alex Smith contracts, the more keeping Taylor for another year (his contract is perfect for a bridge QB) makes sense assuming we draft a 1st round QB drafting a QB.  We just can't seem to quit you Tyrod.

Edited by Doc Brown

35 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

IMHO the chances of Tyrod being on our roster this year have gone up, a very small amount. It could easily be to create demand, but who knows. If he's actually gets the bonus the Bills will have the upper hand in trade talks. HIs value might go up a bit as well. It was an interesting move.

Ladies and gentlemen... here's reading between the lines with lesson #1 in identifying when poster Thurman#1 admits he's wrong. 

The above, loosely translated = "when I said Taylor had next to no chance remaining on the roster past March 16th and that anyone who thought otherwise was delusional, I WAS WRONG."

Lesson complete :thumbsup:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, you were indeed putting out a dumb stat for my arse, a completely irrelevant stat which had zero to do with anything I'd said. 

You misread my post, got irritated, refused to admit it and now your panties are so wadded up you're discussing me with other people and actually agreeing with Transplant.

I've said again and again i"m not especially a Siemian fan. Just think in many ways he's a better option than Tyrod, as are many others. You just misread me and now your ego's all involved.

Fine, guess I know who you are now.

Bravo!!  yes i am the one who is right and you......well you just like to keep on explain' yourself.....bravo...as you were...