Trevor Siemian expected to be on trading block

18 hours ago, JohnC said:

If you get one of the top three prospects in this draft you expect early playing time for them, especially for Rosen and Mayfield. This would be a good situation to get a cheap and functional qb. When there is any discussion of getting a bridge qb or a bargain basement veteran from the market you are for the most part pursuing mediocre qbs with obvious limitations. 

The issue boils down to is it worth having a more expensive bridge qb with the intention of accelerating the time table to play a rookie qb or is it better to play it safe and pay more for your veteran qb as an insurance policy. Do I need to remind all those Tyrod aficionados out there that this is a situation that he would be hesitant to be a part of? For his sake and the team's sake it is best to cleanly cut the chord and move on. He, more than anyone else, deserves a fresh start. Also, I'm sure that this staff can make good use for that extra cap space. 

None of which is a good argument for Siemian. 

Last year Siemian started 10 games and won 5, he threw 12 TD's, 14 INTs...all with a QBR of 29.8. 

Why on gods green earth would this team want a QB that turns the ball over with that frequency? The Bills already have Peterman who could do that just as easily if that is what you are looking for. 

What made Tyrod Taylor so tolerable was his ability to not turn the ball over but then he would take chances in passing into tight windows either. I'd rather have Tyrod over Fitz, Siemien or any QB liken them that has that many turnovers. Hey, Geno Smith is out there and I'll bet he is cheap! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, benderbender said:

I love Siemian. He made my anniversary last year by gift wrapping the Denver game for us at the one game I could afford the attend last year. If Tyrod can make him look bad, he’s not the one. 

Yuck. He sucked throwing to Demarious Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders. With Bills receivers he’d really be pathetic.

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Good God man... we don't want him because he's got no exceptional aspect to his game, whatsoever.

Yeah, like Tyrod he was a late round draft pick. But Tyrod has exceptional athleticism... which is the whole reason there's ever been the prospect of him being a Franchise QB.

What exceptional quality or characteristic does Siemian possess?

If we bring him in, we've traded Taylor to the Broncos for Siemian in a massive package to move up to #5 to draft our starting QB.

Siemian, at best, would be a momentary placeholder.

Know who's "a momentary placeholder at best"? Tyrod.

Siemian  on the other hand is young enough that he might actually improve. We know what Tyrod is. Agreed Siemian isn't exceptional at all, but he's a third-year guy, Siemian might get better.

Here's the other thing.

Tyrod's cap impact for one year of play in 2018: $23 million in 2018 and 2019. Ridiculously overpriced.

Siemian's cap impact for one year of play in 2018: much much much less. We could probably get him for his real value, unlike Tyrod.

I'm no big Siemian fan. But he's someone a team will bring in with a very reasonable hope of making him into a decent backup or hoping to get lucky and see great improvement. I wouldn't mind us doing that, though I doubt we would.

Edited by Thurman#1

4 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Know who's a momentary placeholder at best? Tyrod.

Siemian  on the other hand is young enough that he might actually improve. We know what Tyrod is. Agreed Siemian isn't exceptional at all, but he's a third-year guy, Siemian might get better.

Here's the other thing.

Tyrod's cap impact for one year of play in 2018: $23 million in 2018 and 2019. Ridiculously overpriced.

Siemian's cap impact for one year of play in 2018: much much much less. We could probably get him for his real value, unlike Tyrod.

Seaman....2285 yards...12 TD's 14 INT... Thoman & Sanders as your WR..cant get much better than that...ummm NO........why hanging your hat on this garbage....many more far better options...geez

Edited by JPP

3 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Reading is your friend.

oohh ouch...."you make good comeback to my words"........blowhard....if you dont want to debate that is fine....than it would be better to zip it if you cant add anything to your useless senseless discussion......

Let me say this more clearly the second time around.

Did I say that I am dying to get Siemian? 

Or that he's the best option? Or anything like that? You responded as if I said something I simply never did. Again, reading's your friend.

Edited by Thurman#1

1 minute ago, Thurman#1 said:

Let me put this slowly so you will understand the second time around.

Did ... I ... say ... that ... I ... am ... dying ... to ... get ... Siemian? 

Or that he's the best option? You responded as if I said something I simply never did. Again, reading's your friend.

I.....was.......just......putting....out........a......stat.........for your dumb arse....but instead of discussion you have to throw out an uprovoked insult.....i guess thats your shitck?....cant debate so you feel you have to insult someone.......reading maybe my friend but you lack a substantial amount of comprehension as it clearly shows........bye felicia.....

16 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Know who's "a momentary placeholder at best"? Tyrod.

Here's the other thing.

I'm no big Siemian fan. But he's someone a team will bring in with a very reasonable hope of making him into a decent backup or hoping to get lucky and see great improvement. I wouldn't mind us doing that, though I doubt we would.

Real value, huh?

What's the Cap impact if we cut Taylor tomorrow? Now subtract that number from $23 million and you have your real Cap impact for the next 2 years.

Forgive me if I don't take much credence from the guy who said there was nearly no chance in Buffalo paying Taylor his $6 million bonus by March 16th, yet the reports right now are that that's exactly what they're going to do unless they can trade him before then.

Siemian sucks and would be a big downgrade from Taylor. McBeane won't downgrade the position. And this isn't me saying that Simeon won't be on the team. I can reasonably Envision him being a Buffalo Bill, but it would only be because we've traded up likely with Denver to the V Spot and plan on getting one of the top 2 or 3 QBs. That would constitute an upgrade and would absolutely be reason for Taylor to be gone. But if we aren't massively trading up like that and we stay put right around where we are in the draft, Buffalo more likely than not will keep Taylor for one more year.

14 minutes ago, JPP said:

I.....was.......just......putting....out........a......stat.........for your dumb arse....but instead of discussion you have to throw out an uprovoked insult.....i guess thats your shitck?....cant debate so you feel you have to insult someone.......reading maybe my friend but you lack a substantial amount of comprehension as it clearly shows........bye felicia.....

Yes... that's his shtick. That or run away when he's wrong. 

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Real value, huh?

What's the Cap impact if we cut Taylor tomorrow? Now subtract that number from $23 million and you have your real Cap impact for the next 2 years.

Forgive me if I don't take much credence from the guy who said there was nearly no chance in Buffalo paying Taylor his $6 million bonus by March 16th, yet the reports right now are that that's exactly what they're going to do unless they can trade him before then.

Siemian sucks and would be a big downgrade from Taylor. McBeane won't downgrade the position. And this isn't me saying that Simeon won't be on the team. I can reasonably Envision him being a Buffalo Bill, but it would only be because we've traded up likely with Denver to the V Spot and plan on getting one of the top 2 or 3 QBs. That would constitute an upgrade and would absolutely be reason for Taylor to be gone. But if we aren't massively trading up like that and we stay put right around where we are in the draft, Buffalo more likely than not will keep Taylor for one more year.

it will be very hard to be a big down grade from Taylor.  

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Not too smart, I guess.

Not hard at all, actually...

We saw a massive downgrade play out this year against the Chargers.

have you watched Taylor play?  Guys like Matt Moore and Derek Anderson have produced better during runs as a starter.  The Guy is bad.    and .  The Peterman game was bad but the Di marco drop killed what was a promising start. It was also refreshing to see a qb drop back and throw the ball, rather then hold if , get sacked or throw it away.