Marty Hurney Named Panthers' GM

26CornerBlitz

57 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

But. But. But.  His wife said he was mean and made all of those allegations!  He must be held accountable!

Actuallys it's the reverse.  Some people say let’s wait until facts come out and let them do their investigation until we make judgments.  Then their are special posters who make judgments right away, while thinking the reverse is true.  

Special is good though!!!!

3 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Actuallys it's the reverse.  Some people say let’s wait until facts come out and let them do their investigation until we make judgments.  Then their are special posters who make judgments right away, while thinking the reverse is true.  

Special is good though!!!!

We've got to hold him accountable surely he did something wrong

Just now, Boyst62 said:

We've got to hold him accountable surely he did something wrong

Is anyone actually saying these things you are mocking?  Or are you obsessed with the make-believe?  The imaginary mist that goes after the innocent and demands punishment without evidence.  (I have seen zero of that here)

20 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Is anyone actually saying these things you are mocking?  Or are you obsessed with the make-believe?  The imaginary mist that goes after the innocent and demands punishment without evidence.  (I have seen zero of that here)

There was a thread a few weeks ago about this.  Go take a look

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

There was a thread a few weeks ago about this.  Go take a look

The thread where I laid out exactly how this would go after you did the same exact thing there?  Please do go back and read that thread.  The only people that overreacted were the ones that were upset that he was suspended for the investigation. Here it is for anyone who wants to read it.  

Boyst does the same thing there and yet when called out on page 3 he doesn't answer.  Here is the post again for you Boyst in case you would like to respond this time...

He isn't losing wages.  He was placed on administrative leave for an investigation to take place.  He will be cleared and return to work once this blows over if they are indeed false.  Should the company (Panthers) do nothing with the complaint because it might not be true?

Boyst I don't even know what to say.  Stop with the victim complex.  He IS innocent until proven guilty.  That is what is going on now.  His employer received a complaint and is investigating it.  As much as you are complaining about this it is happening exactly as you say it should.  He doesn't have to answer to us.  Not a single post has said he was guilty.  The couple you took issue with said there MIGHT be something there.  His company has a reputation to uphold so no he doesn't have to break the law to get in trouble at work.  He signed an policy that explicitly states "It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime. Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful. Persons who fail to live up to this standard of conduct are guilty of conduct detrimental and subject to discipline, even where the conduct itself does not result in conviction of a crime."  Further down the policy "Violent or threatening behavior among employees, whether in or outside the workplace" also "Conduct that imposes inherent danger to the safety and well being of another person"  

They received information and are investigating it.  Isn't that exactly what you are banging the table for?  I will guarantee he is on paid leave.  So he isn't losing money and if the allegations can't be further substantiated he will bear no scars from it.  He will return to work and that's that.  What are you even complaining about?  I get that you are a white male and therefore have it harder that anyone else in America but put it to rest in this thread.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Nice to have another GM who Beane has a history with in case we're trying to make any deals. 

I'm pretty happy with this. We have direct links to 3 franchise GMs now - Texans, Giants and Panthers. Does that mean that we are going to fleece them all in trades? No. But I don't think you can discount familiarity and trust. Moves with these franchises should theoretically be easier now, not in terms of compensation, but in terms of information available about potential trades, especially with the Giants, who are not in our conference. 

32 minutes ago, section122 said:

The thread where I laid out exactly how this would go after you did the same exact thing there?  Please do go back and read that thread.  The only people that overreacted were the ones that were upset that he was suspended for the investigation. Here it is for anyone who wants to read it.  

Learn to let things go man, it's not worth getting this worked up over a message board. 

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

I'm pretty happy with this. We have direct links to 3 franchise GMs now - Texans, Giants and Panthers. Does that mean that we are going to fleece them all in trades? No. But I don't think you can discount familiarity and trust. Moves with these franchises should theoretically be easier now, not in terms of compensation, but in terms of information available about potential trades, especially with the Giants, who are not in our conference. 

Exactly. Familiarity with people in the industry has to be more of a help than a hindrance.  

2 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Learn to let things go man, it's not worth getting this worked up over a message board. 

You can add KC to the connection list with McD and Reid.

38 minutes ago, section122 said:

Boyst does the same thing there and yet when called out on page 3 he doesn't answer.  Here is the post again for you Boyst in case you would like to respond this time...

He isn't losing wages.  He was placed on administrative leave for an investigation to take place.  He will be cleared and return to work once this blows over if they are indeed false.  Should the company (Panthers) do nothing with the complaint because it might not be true?

Boyst I don't even know what to say.  Stop with the victim complex.  He IS innocent until proven guilty.  That is what is going on now.  His employer received a complaint and is investigating it.  As much as you are complaining about this it is happening exactly as you say it should.  He doesn't have to answer to us.  Not a single post has said he was guilty.  The couple you took issue with said there MIGHT be something there.  His company has a reputation to uphold so no he doesn't have to break the law to get in trouble at work.  He signed an policy that explicitly states "It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime. Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful. Persons who fail to live up to this standard of conduct are guilty of conduct detrimental and subject to discipline, even where the conduct itself does not result in conviction of a crime."  Further down the policy "Violent or threatening behavior among employees, whether in or outside the workplace" also "Conduct that imposes inherent danger to the safety and well being of another person"  

They received information and are investigating it.  Isn't that exactly what you are banging the table for?  I will guarantee he is on paid leave.  So he isn't losing money and if the allegations can't be further substantiated he will bear no scars from it.  He will return to work and that's that.  What are you even complaining about?  I get that you are a white male and therefore have it harder that anyone else in America but put it to rest in this thread.  

I'm a fairly busy dude. If I kiss posts from time to tiem, well, as Demi said sorry not sorry

He did not lose out on wages etc. He lost out on pride and had his name sullied. That's error enough. Yes, an investigation should be done but he doesn't need to be suspended and he doesn't need to have his name published. You keep this under wraps and do it internally. You weigh out the events behind closed doors.  Don't need to suspend him unless you're cowards to the virtue signaling cucks and sjw's

Sorry not sorry. I have fortitude and think it's pathetic that women are destroying men with this crap.

21 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I'm a fairly busy dude. If I kiss posts from time to tiem, well, as Demi said sorry not sorry

He did not lose out on wages etc. He lost out on pride and had his name sullied. That's error enough. Yes, an investigation should be done but he doesn't need to be suspended and he doesn't need to have his name published. You keep this under wraps and do it internally. You weigh out the events behind closed doors.  Don't need to suspend him unless you're cowards to the virtue signaling cucks and sjw's

Sorry not sorry. I have fortitude and think it's pathetic that women are destroying men with this crap.

I seriously can't roll my eyes hard enough.  

He works in the public eye.  What happens in the NFL will be leaked immediately especially a high profile investigation like this.  He wasn't "destroyed."  He was given a paid vacation and cleared of all wrongdoing and then promoted.  cucks and sjw?  Good lord man.  

What if it was true?  He should have worked until they had proof and then acted?  I am assuming you have little to no experience conducting work place investigations.  The Panthers care about their reputation much more than they care about the reputation of Marty Hurney.  Any time serious allegations are levied against an employee they are suspended with pay.  Companies do that to show they don't condone the behavior but that they will investigate accusations made.  The Panthers did this and then promoted him.  Clearly it did not hurt his professional reputation.  I just googled his name.  Not one result on the front page was about the accusations they were all about his promotion.  

Again this is all to ask you to please stop pretending like the world is crashing down around you and it isn't safe because you are a white male.  It isn't surprising that these accusations are flooding out right now since people feel confident enough to speak openly about things that were previously "dirty secrets".  It also isn't surprising that there are leeches that will make false accusations to try and sully someone's reputation.  As with anything in life you have to take the good with the bad and trust that the truth will set you free.  Like it did in this instance.

36 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Nah not worked up at all.  Just tired of the whole "it's so hard to be me right now I can't even talk to a girl without worrying I'll get in trouble" that is pervasive in many of these threads.  The previous thread had gems such as "put women in their place" among others.  I wanted to jump in early here to derail any of that...

1 hour ago, section122 said:

I seriously can't roll my eyes hard enough.  

He works in the public eye.  What happens in the NFL will be leaked immediately especially a high profile investigation like this.  He wasn't "destroyed."  He was given a paid vacation and cleared of all wrongdoing and then promoted.  cucks and sjw?  Good lord man.  

What if it was true?  He should have worked until they had proof and then acted?  I am assuming you have little to no experience conducting work place investigations.  The Panthers care about their reputation much more than they care about the reputation of Marty Hurney.  Any time serious allegations are levied against an employee they are suspended with pay.  Companies do that to show they don't condone the behavior but that they will investigate accusations made.  The Panthers did this and then promoted him.  Clearly it did not hurt his professional reputation.  I just googled his name.  Not one result on the front page was about the accusations they were all about his promotion.  

Again this is all to ask you to please stop pretending like the world is crashing down around you and it isn't safe because you are a white male.  It isn't surprising that these accusations are flooding out right now since people feel confident enough to speak openly about things that were previously "dirty secrets".  It also isn't surprising that there are leeches that will make false accusations to try and sully someone's reputation.  As with anything in life you have to take the good with the bad and trust that the truth will set you free.  Like it did in this instance.

Without turning this political, if you don't believe that men are under attack in this country and masculinity is something that is being targeted then there is no need to carry this conversation further. Men are under attack in this country