Chef Jim moves and...

Just Jack

When I used  to live in Norcal, I used to have to do work in SF a few times a year.  Would have to go to the City Hall. Environmental Health and the main library, all downtown.  Tons of homeless all around there. A crowd of about 30 sitting right outside the library entrance.  Bums sleeping all over the Civic Center Plaza outside of city Hall.  The bathrooms in the library  stunk to high heaven except one that was was out of the way.  Certain parts of the beautiful modern library  stunk so bad from the bums that you had to breathe through your mouth to avoid gagging.

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

When I used  to live in Norcal, I used to have to do work in SF a few times a year.  Would have to go to the City Hall. Environmental Health and the main library, all downtown.  Tons of homeless all around there. A crowd of about 30 sitting right outside the library entrance.  Bums sleeping all over the Civic Center Plaza outside of city Hall.  The bathrooms in the library  stunk to high heaven except one that was was out of the way.  Certain parts of the beautiful modern library  stunk so bad from the bums that you had to breathe through your mouth to avoid gagging.

The homeless situation in SF is appalling. They seem to be drawn there or they might just be more visible. 

3 hours ago, mead107 said:

But they all vote democrat 

keep them doped up and homeless as long as they can vote

Yeah, I don't think the homeless vote. Especially the ones we're talking about here. 

On a side note. Just went on a Bay lunch cruise the previous weekend,. Afterword we took a walk down the Embarcadero (to sober up  before I drove home). Honestly, I don't recall seeing any homeless or seeing anything filthy dirty. I know it can and is bad in many areas, but just saying it's not all bad. Still a beautiful city. The only reason it's not like this all over is because, it's beautiful here damn near all year around. Homeless in Buffalo? Living on the streets during the winter? No, they'll just hop into an abandoned house on the East Side and ride it out so you don't see it (until they burn it down). 

4 hours ago, mead107 said:

But they all vote democrat 

keep them doped up and homeless as long as they can vote

Since 1967, they've had Republican governors for 32 years and Democrats for 19.

Your comment is as stupid as it is ignorant.

56 minutes ago, 707BillsFan said:

Yeah, I don't think the homeless vote. Especially the ones we're talking about here. 

On a side note. Just went on a Bay lunch cruise the previous weekend,. Afterword we took a walk down the Embarcadero (to sober up  before I drove home). Honestly, I don't recall seeing any homeless or seeing anything filthy dirty. I know it can and is bad in many areas, but just saying it's not all bad. Still a beautiful city. The only reason it's not like this all over is because, it's beautiful here damn near all year around. Homeless in Buffalo? Living on the streets during the winter? No, they'll just hop into an abandoned house on the East Side and ride it out so you don't see it (until they burn it down). 

No it’s a shithole. I lived in the Bay Area 8 years and 4 in the City. The homeless issue is a major problem.  Saying it’s a beautiful city is like saying the most beautiful woman in the world who hasn’t bathed in 10 years is beautiful. The happiest days of my life were the day I moved there and the day I left.  I’ll be back next month for client meetings and I’ll likely stay in Walnut Creek. No desire to venture into the city. 

20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Last I checked govemors govern a state and we’re discussing a city. Trust me, liberal policies have !@#$ed that place up. 

21 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Last I checked govemors govern a state and we’re discussing a city. Trust me, liberal policies have !@#$ed that place up. 

Then my sentiment only/still applies to the second sentence.

'We Aren’t Addressing the Root Cause'

Which is.....that liberals continuing to think people should have the right to sleep, shoot-up, and sh-- anywhere they please.  New York used to be like this too until Rudy showed up and had the cops sweep these people up, take them to the shelters and make it clear they weren't going to be allowed to sprawl all over Broadway. 

They won't do that here because blah, blah, 'inhumane', blah, blah.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I would have to walk down Market Street  and at 9 AM  saw the storekeepers  hosing off the urine on the sidewalks in front of their stores.  Ah, it's spring and the smell of urine is in the air. The banks had up put large  concrete spheres  in front to keep bums from sleeping there.  Other areas have put triangular concrete bumps on the sides of the underpasses  to stop people from squatting there.

Edited by Wacka

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Have you had a look at who the overwhelming majority has been in the state senate and state assembly for many years now?

You might want to rethink what you've said.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Read this and come back and apologize you super short Asian.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_San_Francisco

Democrats have run San Francisco a very long time. 

You girlfriend Nancy represents most of the city shortie.  

And I still want you to buy my lunch at the BBQ 

29 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Have you had a look at who the overwhelming majority has been in the state senate and state assembly for many years now?

You might want to rethink what you've said.

He loves me. ??❤️??????

Edited by mead107
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

No t’s a shithole. I lived in the Bay Area 8 years and 4 in the City. The homeless issue is a major problem.  Saying it’s a beautiful city is like saying the most beautiful woman in the world who hasn’t bathed in 10 years is beautiful. The happiest days of my life were the day I moved there and the day I left.  I’ll be back next month for client meetings and I’ll likely stay in Walnut Creek. No desire to venture into the city. 

You have your opinion. With the exception of living in Buffalo as a kid, Sacramento for college...I've lived in the Bay Area my whole life. It's all about perspective. I go hiking a few times a week. Bay Area for natural beauty, is tough to beat. I can go a mile in any direction and be in the middle of a winery, or drink some of the best beer in the world. I can go hang out on the beautiful Sonoma Coast. Climate? Mediterranean...can't beat it. You're shithole, is my paradise. I'll defend my paradise. Is it for everyone? No. The weak can leave.  

Sugarloaf1.jpg

Edited by 707BillsFan

I started working for Bay Area/Valley companies in the mid 90's. The transformation the tech money has brought to the city is undeniable..some good, some bad. Still love the city, but will most likely never work for a company based in the Bay area again.

Too much hypocrisy/hyperbole/hero worship for me at my advanced age..fug it