This key to living a long life is...

\GoBillsInDallas/

"“I have no explanation for it, but I do firmly believe that MODEST drinking improves longevity,” Kawas stated over the weekend at the American Association for the Advancement of Science annual conference in Austin, Texas."

I bolded the key word here.  Unfortunately, most don't know the meaning. Tolerance is built, slippery slope.  Then gains in longevity are bled off.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

"“I have no explanation for it, but I do firmly believe that MODEST drinking improves longevity,” Kawas stated over the weekend at the American Association for the Advancement of Science annual conference in Austin, Texas."

I bolded the key word here.  Unfortunately, most don't know the meaning. Tolerance is built, slippery slope.  Then gains in longevity are bled off.

bolded or CAPS ??   

• Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I don't see any bolded text.  You drunk, bro?

Edited by Gugny
  • Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

OK, everybody wants to live a long life, but when you get to a certain point, you will have outlived most, or all of your friends.   If you make it that long, not too many people want to "hang out" with you!  Maybe that's where the alcohol comes in?

A friend with weed is a friend in deed 

1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

OK, everybody wants to live a long life, but when you get to a certain point, you will have outlived most, or all of your friends.   If you make it that long, not too many people want to "hang out" with you!  Maybe that's where the alcohol comes in?

Not sure I agree. At least 60 people  showed up for my father's 100th last month. But you are correct about the age, only a couple in their 90's. Thankfully I get a 17 month break before I have to plan Mom's 100th.

• Like (+1) 1

My grandmother smoked liked a chimney...Kent cigarettes...maybe 3 or 3.5 packs a day forever.

She died at age of 93 having succumbed to Alzheimer's several years earlier and in that regard actually lived too long; her quality of life towards the end in a nursing home was very poor.

One of my colleagues at work right now is maybe 50 years old; has been fighting lung cancer for about 1.5 years now; he never smoked.  

You never know what the roll of the dice is going to give you.

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

Wine almost every night ??

Drinking in moderation (1 or 2 glasses a night) can be an enormous relaxant and stress eliminator for a lot of people.

That is not going to hurt you long term.  The stress, however, if left unattended, will absolutely kill you.