Peyton Manning as an Analyst for MNF or TNF? - MNF (ESPN) and TNF (FOX) Both Out

26CornerBlitz

5 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

That would be awesome.

I would love to hear him break down plays and defences.

Kind of like Tony Romo did all year

It would be interesting to hear how he compares.  I see Romo as the underdog who overcame physical limitations and made an NFL career out of smarts, charisma (in the best sense of ability to lead), and a passionate love for the game.  His smarts, engaging personality, and passion for the game all come through.  He seems to truly feel he's blessed to have that job.

I see Peyton Manning as football smart and enormously physically gifted, and otherwise as the prototype for the entitled athlete jerk.   I somehow can't see him being as engaging and fun as Romo.  I think he'd project that he was doing the network a favor.

But maybe I'm wrong.

• Like (+1) 2

For some reason when the SB ended this year one random thought that popped into my head was Thank God Papa John isn't running out on the field

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It would be interesting to hear how he compares.  I see Romo as the underdog who overcame physical limitations and made an NFL career out of smarts, charisma (in the best sense of ability to lead), and a passionate love for the game.  His smarts, engaging personality, and passion for the game all come through.  He seems to truly feel he's blessed to have that job.

I see Peyton Manning as football smart and enormously physically gifted, and otherwise as the prototype for the entitled athlete jerk.   I somehow can't see him being as engaging and fun as Romo.  I think he'd project that he was doing the network a favor.

But maybe I'm wrong.

Interesting points.

You may certainly be right. Time will tell 

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

But maybe I'm wrong.

I don't think he was physically gifted athlete--but one of the brightest.

He's affable.  It would be a good hire.  That southern mushmouth though.....it's ok for 30 second spots.

6 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Yes please.

Isn't it funny how there is so little hatred for Peyton Manning and so much hatred for Brady.    Difference of personal character.

Possibly because Manning was rarely in the SB--in fact, his playoff record is pretty bad.  He didn't dominate the post season like Brady.

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

But maybe I'm wrong.

Honestly outside of internet memes I never knew much about Tony Romo. He definitely didn't get the love I see him get now. I never seen him really get love as a QB so I guess I never payed attention. 

After I seen him on broadcast I started to show love myself. The guy has a lot of charisma and does offer insights that I never seen on broadcast before. It felt like others just call the game and he offers details of the trenches. I also think he was very fair on his opinion when calling Bills games. It felt like he was even rooting for the Bills a little. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

I would have to say no to either one. He is football smart, there is no denying it. He was a great QB, one of the best. But i do not want to see him in the booth. He is very un-articulate to me and listening to him for 3 hours would drive me up a wall.