Active shooter at Florida high school

10 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I don't know about blaming red or blue. From a neutral observer it seems both of them are fixated on leading this country towards a civil war. Whether that is their intentions or just their arrogance playing out.

We’re a long way from civil war. The military won’t break. Our military is designed so that one general can’t go rogue. Thankfully we won’t have that problem in the foreseeable future. 

6 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

We’re a long way from civil war. The military won’t break. Our military is designed so that one general can’t go rogue. Thankfully we won’t have that problem in the foreseeable future. 

Right. 

When do you suppose politicians and their supporters will begin to find a middle ground and compromise on major issues for the betterment of the American people? When do you suppose the media outlets will cease their manipulation of the American people and allow them to develop their own informed opinions?

Neither of those things will be happening, will they? The tensions will continue to rise until hell breaks loose. You don't need a rogue general with tanks.

10 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Right. 

When do you suppose politicians and their supporters will begin to find a middle ground and compromise on major issues for the betterment of the American people? When do you suppose the media outlets will cease their manipulation of the American people and allow them to develop their own informed opinions?

Neither of those things will be happening, will they? The tensions will continue to rise until hell breaks loose. You don't need a rogue general with tanks.

That is funny 

41 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Right. 

You may be right in that. I find America to be on a parallel as Rome post 2nd Punic War. Our republic is less of a representative body, and more so an oligarchy with powerful families at the top.

We take for granted how we got here. Duty and service to country are ideas mocked at in today’s ‘me-generation.’ 

We very much have a spoiled society society to the point where our poor are spoiled. The military industrial complex is a gross necessary evil. 

I don’t doubt an eventual fall from grace, but I doubt it will be due to real fighting. Political gridlock? Yeah. Probably. But I doubt there’s real street fighting.

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Right. 

Your post shows a distinct lack of you. 

We really have to get you and "Logic" in a room together...

8 hours ago, baskin said:

You do realize that this was a white car with temporary signage applied for a charity event ....right?....all at no expense to the department....

I can't believe the Russians get traction with their stuff....congratulations....you are an "unwitting" person....

Looks much faster than Romneys’ horse.

7 hours ago, The_Dude said:

All too often when cops gotta do grown-man things they fail. And I include restraint in that. They’re all hardasses until the bad guy isn’t at a disadvantage. Then, rather than manuo they fall back. Sickening. Gutless. Children were dying. Happened at Columbine too. Just thank god no officers were hurt. 

False. False. And, false. History is not replete with cowardly cops at the moment of truth.  You pick up on one story of a cop unwilling to undertake a likely suicide mission by fighting a rifle with a pistol (based on preliminary information),  and you equate that across all lines of law enforcement operations. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

False. False. And, false. History is not replete with cowardly cops at the moment of truth.  You pick up on one story of a cop unwilling to undertake a likely suicide mission by fighting a rifle with a pistol (based on preliminary information),  and you equate that across all lines of law enforcement operations. 

No. Not even close. First, it was multiple cops at this high school, not just the one coward. Half of a company of cops stood outside columbine. Cops shoot at unarmed black men the second they get scared. Cops are pussies but should we expect any better considering their low standards and pay?