Active shooter at Florida high school

16 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Geez... I'm not saying video games made him do it. Dude was evil.  The evil came from a virulent stew of influences.  Who's up for a good nature vs nurture debate?

I'm glad you see it that way because I thought for a minute you might be blaming the problem on video games. Something you failed to mention and I'll use C O D as as an example is shooting the wrong person / good guy on team play gets you kicked from the game. ( hardcore) I've also known numerous individuals that actually may have found their calling and joined the military with the interest generated from online 1st person shooter games.

The point I was trying to make earlier is our society as a whole fantasizes in different ways from early childhood on of what its like to shoot another person. Knowing the difference between fantasy and reality, good and bad, is where mental illness and evil comes in. Most movies are way more realistic then video games in my humble opinion on a stage where killing and dying are glorified in many ways

with all due respect sir

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

DW9leurVQAALoR3.jpg

Good use of department funds. Israel's gotta be able to drive away from responsibility as fast as possible after all. 

Listening to that schithead talk he reminds me of a medieval lord talking about his fiefdom, the Sheriffs Department.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Just imagine if he had become head of the FBI as was rumored.

Somehow I could see that in a Hillary administration. All it takes is listening to him talk to know that what he brings to the table is not good for that county.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

DW9leurVQAALoR3.jpg

Good use of department funds. Israel's gotta be able to drive away from responsibility as fast as possible after all. 

You do realize that this was a white car with temporary signage applied for a charity event ....right?....all at no expense to the department....

I can't believe the Russians get traction with their stuff....congratulations....you are an "unwitting" person....

Edited by baskin

8 minutes ago, baskin said:

You do realize that this was a white car with temporary signage applied for a charity event ....right?....all at no expense to the department....

I can't believe the Russians get traction with their stuff....congratulations....you are an "unwitting" person....

Wrong. 

DW-WhpsUQAA7B8j.jpg:large

While liberal scramble to try and find a way to slam the door on gun rights in the U.S., Rep. Steve Scalise, who was shot and nearly lost his life during the shooting at a congressional baseball practice last year, had this bit of common sense advice:

Via the Washington Examiner:

“Let’s focus more on addressing these problems in mental health that we’ve started to deal with in Congress,” Scalise said on Fox News. “Let’s close loopholes, let’s figure out what went wrong with government before people start talking about taking away the rights of law abiding citizens.”

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, B-Man said:

While liberal scramble to try and find a way to slam the door on gun rights in the U.S., Rep. Steve Scalise, who was shot and nearly lost his life during the shooting at a congressional baseball practice last year, had this bit of common sense advice:

Via the Washington Examiner:

“Let’s focus more on addressing these problems in mental health that we’ve started to deal with in Congress,” Scalise said on Fox News. “Let’s close loopholes, let’s figure out what went wrong with government before people start talking about taking away the rights of law abiding citizens.”

Too bad trump wasn't at the baseball game, he would have charged a team the shooter! Lol, I can't recall a more outrageous statement by a president. What an idiot, but his supporters probably all think Super Trumpman would have. What a POS 

9 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Hmmm if only the wimpitization? of America stopped at cops. You're delusional. 

About 6 months ago a kid wandered into a yard where two pitbulls were fenced in. People stood by and watched him get ripped into pieces. It was a few towns over from where I live and IIRC he was 8 years old? Plenty of people out there who's first instinct is to take out a cell phone and record someone else's demise, much less people that will risk their well being to save someone else's.

The lost virtue of this country is blood on the hands of democrats. We’re going to stall out and it’s because Democrats are eroding our American values. 

9 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Yes,  that's been a common denominator in mass shooting events in history.  You sir,  are a genius.  

All too often when cops gotta do grown-man things they fail. And I include restraint in that. They’re all hardasses until the bad guy isn’t at a disadvantage. Then, rather than manuo they fall back. Sickening. Gutless. Children were dying. Happened at Columbine too. Just thank god no officers were hurt. 

9 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I agree.

But to answer your question: One in a me, the individual world, kinda person.  One that is probably watching his 401k grow and is ready to retire.

It was only four minutes, which is an eternity... Some paralyze and some pull a Leeroy Jenkins.  It would be nice to have a happy middle.

It took me half-a-second to learn and understand ‘do something.’ When you hear incoming you don’t freeze....you pick a direction and run. When you’re getting shot at you maintain the ability to maneuver. When you hear children screaming and gunshots you go in that direction. 

6 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

The lost virtue of this country is blood on the hands of democrats. We’re going to stall out and it’s because Democrats are eroding our American values. 

All too often when cops gotta do grown-man things they fail. And I include restraint in that. They’re all hardasses until the bad guy isn’t at a disadvantage. Then, rather than manuo they fall back. Sickening. Gutless. Children were dying. Happened at Columbine too. Just thank god no officers were hurt. 

It took me half-a-second to learn and understand ‘do something.’ When you hear incoming you don’t freeze....you pick a direction and run. When you’re getting shot at you maintain the ability to maneuver. When you hear children screaming and gunshots you go in that direction. 

I don't know about blaming red or blue. From a neutral observer it seems both of them are fixated on leading this country towards a civil war. Whether that is their intentions or just their arrogance playing out.