Russia Successfully Penetrated US Voting Systems

Tiberius

Wow! 

Is anything being done to stop this? I guess I better not get my hopes up for a wave election. No wonder the polls get it wrong sometimes 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/russians-penetrated-u-s-voter-systems-says-top-u-s-n845721

The U.S. official in charge of protecting American elections from hacking says the Russians successfully penetrated the voter registration rolls of several U.S. states prior to the 2016 presidential election.

In an exclusive interview with NBC News, Jeanette Manfra, the head of cybersecurity at the Department of Homeland Security, said she couldn't talk about classified information publicly, but in 2016, "We saw a targeting of 21 states and an exceptionally small number of them were actually successfully penetrated."

Jeh Johnson, who was DHS secretary during the Russian intrusions, said, "2016 was a wake-up call and now it's incumbent upon states and the Feds to do something about it before our democracy is attacked again."

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Big deal. The dead have been voting for Democrats for decades. 

Voter fraud crosses into both parties.    The biggest of them   

Partisan gerrymandering has benefited Republicans more ...

Republican gerrymandering illegal in North Carolina ...

Gerrymandering Rigged the 2014 Elections for GOP Advantage ...

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/02/07/malcolm_nance_russians_hacked_the_mindset_of_the_american_people.html

former intelligence official Malcolm Nance warned that the Russians could hack the 2018 midterm elections, setting the stage for a "civil war."

NANCE: You're absolutely right. And that Democratic report on active measures is brilliant. It is almost an encyclopedic document showing how Russia uses this methodology when they want to interfere in elections. The reason the Russians are doing it because they can get away with it. They know that democracy is slower than a dictatorship. And that our elected officials, half of them are with the president. 

They refuse to believe it in the face of evidence. If it was a terrorist attack with a bomb, they would be doing everything that they could to protect the people. However, this particular election that is coming up is a midterm, and right now we see that there is a possibility that the Democrats may turn out more than Republicans. The Russians might this time actually play with the voting totals if there is a wave election and that would throw the entire election into doubt. And would essentially set the pace for civil war and that is what the Russians are looking for. Chaos is their principal weapon system here.

24 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The redistricting efforts after the 2010 census cuts both ways.  In Illinois new districts were drawn very much in favor of Dems and a suit within the state challenging the new boundaries was thrown out by a judge who of course is a Democrat.  The case wasn't heard and efforts to get the issue on a state ballot were squashed by other dem judges.  Redistricting laws vary from state to state and are generally vague.  Republican governors in sometimes blue states would probably argue that their redistricting efforts were done to correct what the other party changed the last go-around.  Both parties do it and the party in power put there by voters gets to make these decisions.  It's a consequence of elections.

37 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Wow! 

Is anything being done to stop this? I guess I better not get my hopes up for a wave election. No wonder the polls get it wrong sometimes 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/russians-penetrated-u-s-voter-systems-says-top-u-s-n845721

We need absolute integrity in the election process.  Lots of room for improvement. 

Edited by keepthefaith

20 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Most Republicans probably agree with you. 

Most Republicans believe the truth when they see and/or hear it. 

Unlike some of your fellow travelers who believe whatever late night comedians and “pundits” like Maddow, Olbermann, and Hayes spew from their hate-filled minds and mouths. 

10 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

The redistricting efforts after the 2010 census cuts both ways.  In Illinois new districts were drawn very much in favor of Dems and a suit within the state challenging the new boundaries was thrown out by a judge who of course is a Democrat.  The case wasn't heard and efforts to get the issue on a state ballot were squashed by other dem judges.  Redistricting laws vary from state to state and are generally vague.  Republican governors in sometimes blue states would probably argue that their redistricting efforts were done to correct what the other party changed the last go-around.  Both parties do it and the party in power put there by voters gets to make these decisions.  It's a consequence of elections.

We need absolute integrity in the election process.  Lots of room for improvement. 

Yeah, let's start with some updated voter ID laws....

41 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Gerrymandering isn't voter fraud.  It's not even similar to voter fraud.

56 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Wow! 

If you actually read your own article you would see that yes, they are doing something about it.  Albeit slowly thanks to government red tape.

Of note (lest the MSM insinuate otherwise), is that the hacking involved voter information databases NOT election day voting systems.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

If you actually read your own article you would see that yes, they are doing something about it.  Albeit slowly thanks to government red tape.

Of note (lest the MSM insinuate otherwise), is that the hacking involved voter information databases NOT election day voting systems.

It doesn't matter. This gives Clown Tiberius the opportunity to do a little jig and give him an excuse for the blue wave that doesn't materialize.

26 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Oh!! Nothing to worry about then, eh Comrade? 

They are after our voting system and you want to quibble about how its not a problem because it was only the database? I agree with Nance, this could lead to Civil War or civil unrest. Just what the Russians want 

18 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

It doesn't matter. This gives Clown Tiberius the opportunity to do a little jig and give him an excuse for the blue wave that doesn't materialize.

Ya, Russians hacking into election stuff shouldn't matter. 

1 minute ago, /dev/null said:

So what you're saying is the Obama Administration failed in it's duty to secure critical network resources?

But Obama! So its ok!