Bucky Brooks: How the Eagles Were Built to Win Super Bowl LII

20 minutes ago, yungmack said:

Is any good team ever done?

True, pretty much all teams have positions to upgrade and holes to fill, but the Eagles secondary was the glaring weakness.  Brady had what, 505 passing yards and the Pats never punted once.  I know it's Brady this is what he does, but still 500+ passing yards?

To me, it wasn't just what Schwartz did with the Eagles pass defense. Brady has seen it all and usually beats a blitz by making them pay with a big play. In the SB Schwartz didn't blitz and only rushed the front four all game while rotating those D linemen.

Most teams the Patriots played against they are owned in the fourth quarter because their defense was gassed trying to get to Brady all game. This didn't appear to be the case with the Eagles and in fact finally got a sack, fumble on Brady at the end. 

I know Foles did a great job and got the MVP. However, In my view If Brandon Graham doesn't get that strip, sack most likely Brady marches down the field and scores while winning the game and getting that MVP. 

Remember when the standard wisdom was that Chip Kelly was an innovative and (somewhat) successful NFL coach, but a huge failure as an NFL GM?  Looking at it with the wisdom of hindsight, maybe the opposite was true.  Here's the standard post-Kelly 2015 take on it:

http://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-production-chip-kellys-draft-picks/

Certainly some misses in the draft, but ... Lane Johnson, Zack Ertz, Nelson Agholar ... how do his drafts compare to (just an example) Whaley's during those years? Did trading Shady set the Eagles back in any meaningful way?  Agholar: huge bust then, productive receiver now (Zay Jones?).  This isn't a huge apology for for Kelly, just food for thought about how immediate takes are sometimes proven wrong with the passage of time.