Panthers Place Interim GM Marty Hurney on Leave After Allegations by His Ex-Wife - Now Reinstated

55 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Only if you're not:

1) white

2) male

But yet you're both and you just did... you're barely number two... Or are you totally #2?

????

Couldn't resist. At least you drive a real truck. Not some Japanese thing. 

4 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Innocent until proven guilty is lost on you, son

Sorry you don't get the freedom of America.

Murica, !@#$ yeah.

In your profession I'd expect you to respect the judicial system enough to know innocent until proven guilty matters.

This is embarrassing

That is a bunch of BS. This falls in line with people who think freedom of speech means they can say whatever the hell they want without repercussions.  You can't. Hurney chose a profession that is on every single major network across the nation, played in primetime, 3 days per week. He chose to sign the Personal Conduct Policy. These are risks he took. Public opinion is not obligated to follow the constitution. 

In fact, I would argue that for all your hoorah, go America verbiage, you have a poor understanding of the constitution and the freedoms in America. Sorry you had to hear that kid. 

Hurney could come out of this totally fine in all of this. His wife might just be vindictive for all sorts of reasons that have nothing to do with abuse. I was merely pointing out the fact that it is very neatly falling in line with a pattern of behavior that implies an incredibly toxic relationship. It sucks he is "on leave", but his employer is welcome to do so, and I don't find issue with it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

That is a bunch of BS. This falls in line with people who think freedom of speech means they can say whatever the hell they want without repercussions.  You can't. Hurney chose a profession that is on every single major network across the nation, played in primetime, 3 days per week. He chose to sign the Personal Conduct Policy. These are risks he took. Public opinion is not obligated to follow the constitution. 

In fact, I would argue that for all your hoorah, go America verbiage, you have a poor understanding of the constitution and the freedoms in America. Sorry you had to hear that kid. 

Hurney could come out of this totally fine in all of this. His wife might just be vindictive for all sorts of reasons that have nothing to do with abuse. I was merely pointing out the fact that it is very neatly falling in line with a pattern of behavior that implies an incredibly toxic relationship. It sucks he is "on leave", but his employer is welcome to do so, and I don't find issue with it. 

You don't have a problem with peoples' livelihoods being put in jeopardy because of a potentially false allegation?

Man, you're cold.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

Sooo. What's in his own personal dwelling is now our business when it's not even illegal?

1 minute ago, John from Hemet said:

That is some serious compensating

You've not met Joe. You'd understand

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

You don't have a problem with peoples' livelihoods being put in jeopardy because of a potentially false allegation?

Man, you're cold.

I don't have a problem with it when it is the face of the FO in a profession that is the most watched television in the United States. Like I said in an earlier post, if he wanted to go sell insurance with Geico, or computers at Ingram, that is a totally different conversation. These are the sort of risks you take when you work for such a televised business. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Murica, !@#$ yeah.

In your profession I'd expect you to respect the judicial system enough to know innocent until proven guilty matters.

This is embarrassing

The NFL's policies and contract provisions for personal conduct are not reliant on the criminal justice system although they may use issues in that system to merit actions within the policy.

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Sooo. What's in his own personal dwelling is now our business when it's not even illegal?

You've not met Joe. You'd understand

Take it up with the courts man. His transgressions regarding the matter are public record. It's not like the Panthers searched his house and found an eclectic collection of butt plugs, and said "This makes me unconfortable, go on administrative leave"

1 hour ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

When I read the article, some of the things Ms. Hurney alleges sound as if they may be resulting from paranoid symptoms rather than an attempt to lie.

Put another way, they are not very convincing as lies.

The text I mean is bolded below.

In her complaint, she said Marty Hurney was “extremely controlling and was verbally and emotionally abusive” during the marriage. She said in the complaint that her phone, laptop and security system have been hacked and that she changed her locks three times in three days last summer. “My privacy has been violated for the past seven years with Martin’s behaviors of tracking me, my pets and violating my property,” the complaint reads.

Jeanne Hurney alleged in her complaint that her ex-husband or his associates had recently broken into her home and classroom. At her home, she said, the intruders had placed sticky notes in a book of hers around such words as “victim,” “terrorize” and “may resort to violence.”

You don't need to change your locks 3 times in 3 days. Once is all you need. All her devices have been hacked? He or "his associates", which make it a conspiracy, are tracker her pets? Why would they track her pets? They broke into her house to put sticky notes in a book? Notes with words that don't quite make sense?

A level headed reading of this stuff and the subsequent events where she withdrew her complaint do give a credible, fair reason to doubt the veracity of this stuff and look into it further before you suspend a guy from his job.

The Panthers are a tire fire.

Apropos of nothing,wonder why sticky notes?  And yea,apparently Hurney and associates,are master level locksmiths?

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

Take it up with the courts man. His transgressions regarding the matter are public record. It's not like the Panthers searched his house and found an eclectic collection of butt plugs, and said "This makes me unconfortable, go on administrative leave"

Alleged transgressions?????

5 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Murica, !@#$ yeah.

This is embarrassing

Your failure to understand basic things is embarrassing.  Innoncent until proven guilty is an informal reference to burdens of proof in criminal proceedings.  Burdens nor criminal proceedings are relevant here.  Might as well talk about how many goldfish you have.

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

The NFL's policies and contract provisions for personal conduct are not reliant on the criminal justice system although they may use issues in that system to merit actions within the policy.

Yet, I am certain if he had the balls he could sue the Panthers for this and end up blackballed from the league.  He would win the case. 

And clearly, it's only cuckolded men that are ok with this being the case.  Sorry, I have standards in my life and being !@#$ed by a crazy ex doesn't happen. (well, ok, it sort of does, but not in the way she's doing it...but, Kelly is a lot of fun)

36 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Your failure to understand basic things is embarrassing.  Innoncent until proven guilty is an informal reference to burdens of proof in criminal proceedings.  Burdens nor criminal proceedings are relevant here.  Might as well talk about how many goldfish you have.

Ahh, yeah, it's embarrassing. Embarrassing is that you don't see any issues with what's going on. 

Y'all need to cash in your man cards while they still might have some credit because down this path yall advance you destory the credibility of man with every inaction

I feel sorry for y'all.  The pussification of America is so god damn sad it makes me sick and embarrassed to live here.

58 minutes ago, Mango said:

But I was just told this isn't about the courts?  And it's not. It's public perception and by enlarge the public is too stupid to know any damn thing. 90% of this country is useless. 

Do unto others as though would have done to them and live and let live. Let this situation with his wife play out and then figure out the situation. 

That never happens because uber-bitches like Nancy grace, the media, the public love salacious headlines. And we lose our freedom more and more every day because y'all men (alleged, not implied) are closer to wearing a dress than growing a pair between your legs. Then again, it's also about what's between the ears, too.

• Like (+1) 1

Remember guys, she wears the pants.  And if she tries to divorce-rape you, just bend over and take it.  Oh, and never ever yell or get mad at her, that's abuse.  All hail our Lord and Savior Ellen Pence, creator of Most Holy Duluth Model.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Remember guys, she wears the pants.  And if she tries to divorce-rape you, just bend over and take it.  Oh, and never ever yell or get mad at her, that's abuse.  All hail our Lord and Savior Ellen Pence, creator of Most Holy Duluth Model.

What my wife and I consider productive communication many would consider abuse...  We both give as good as we get.  Making up is the best part though. Fairly certain our children are scarred.

Edited by simool
  • Haha (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Yet, I am certain if he had the balls he could sue the Panthers for this and end up blackballed from the league.  He would win the case. 

And clearly, it's only cuckolded men that are ok with this being the case.  Sorry, I have standards in my life and being !@#$ed by a crazy ex doesn't happen. (well, ok, it sort of does, but not in the way she's doing it...but, Kelly is a lot of fun)

Ahh, yeah, it's embarrassing. Embarrassing is that you don't see any issues with what's going on. 

Y'all need to cash in your man cards while they still might have some credit because down this path yall advance you destory the credibility of man with every inaction

I feel sorry for y'all.  The pussification of America is so god damn sad it makes me sick and embarrassed to live here.

But I was just told this isn't about the courts?  And it's not. It's public perception and by enlarge the public is too stupid to know any damn thing. 90% of this country is useless. 

Do unto others as though would have done to them and live and let live. Let this situation with his wife play out and then figure out the situation. 

That never happens because uber-bitches like Nancy grace, the media, the public love salacious headlines. And we lose our freedom more and more every day because y'all men (alleged, not implied) are closer to wearing a dress than growing a pair between your legs. Then again, it's also about what's between the ears, too.

Sue for what you goof?  Your post ranges from uninformed to laughable.  Nothing to sue for.  Cuckolding has nothing to do with this, though it seems to be on your mind quite a bit lol.  Fetishes are fine though!  Whatever floats your boat.  I don’t see the enjoyment of watching that, but then again I don’t have deep-rooted issues that gets Freud’s coffin a rockin.

• Like (+1) 1