DeShone Kizer in Buffalo

YoloinOhio

I've been thinking a lot about Kizer but didn't want to say too much because I didn't want to get flamed.  But honestly I think he interests me than most guys projected to be available at 21 (I'd probably put Lamar Jackson above him, but definitely the Rosen / Darnold / Mayfield / Allen guys).  If the Browns are sold in their QB at 1 or 4 and we could do a clean swap of Tyrod for Kizer, I'd do it.

Just now, bobobonators said:

I guess anything is possible. I didnt get the hype while at ND and he was horrible last year; granted it’s Cleveland. But Cleveland does have a little talent on offense around him and an offensive mind as HC.

it would be a ballsy move to go with Kizer and Peterman. We would need more competition than that, as you mentioned. 

I think you mean Andrew Luck, Kizer, and Peterman.  :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I guess anything is possible. I didnt get the hype while at ND and he was horrible last year; granted it’s Cleveland. But Cleveland does have a little talent on offense around him and an offensive mind as HC.

it would be a ballsy move to go with Kizer and Peterman. We would need more competition than that, as you mentioned. 

Less than zero chance. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I've been thinking a lot about Kizer but didn't want to say too much because I didn't want to get flamed.  But honestly I think he interests me than most guys projected to be available at 21 (I'd probably put Lamar Jackson above him, but definitely the Rosen / Darnold / Mayfield / Allen guys).  If the Browns are sold in their QB at 1 or 4 and we could do a clean swap of Tyrod for Kizer, I'd do it.

whoa!  Really??

2 hours ago, kdiggz said:

we aren't getting Cousins but Kizer would be my backup over Peterman any day

He didn't have the best rookie season and I've taken my shots at him - he needs to grow up. But he has all the tools to develop into a good QB in the NFL, it's just not gonna happen for him overnight. Upgrade to Peterman as a backup if it happens.  

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

exactly!   And then draft a QB, and St. Brown at WR.  

I love St. Brown, that is all. 

52 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I would trade for him to start, but i would have him compete with someone else for a chance to start. The Browns are horrible, i wouldnt take stats from someone playing for them too seriously

He shouldn't start this year, he needs at least 1 more year learning what it means to be a leader and how to prepare like a pro before anyone should trust him to lead an offense. Should have stayed in college for another year and probably set himself back this year. He relies too much on his physical talents and rather than managing games, tries to do too much and that poor judgement results in the INTs you see. I probably watched every snap of his in college, he's could be very good but is by no means a finished product. Kizer is not prepared to lead a team and will hurt them with his poor decision-making right now, he needs to be coached up.    

39 minutes ago, papazoid said:

kizer is NOT better than TT.....not even close

It's not really about that though. If Buffalo is planning to get rid of Tyrod this offseason anyways, why not swap him for Kizer if possible and at least have a young guy with good physical tools in camp to see what happens? Worst case scenario, you free up the cap space from Tyrod like you wanted to anyways and end up with a backup QB. Best case scenario is Kizer is able to put it together and become a starter for a fraction of the price of Tyrod. Either way is a win if the front office intends to release Tyrod if push comes to shove.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s Peterman

?

I was talking with Buffalo716 about this in the College Football forum.  In the sense of having a relatively weak arm, and possibly a ceiling as a backup, perhaps?

But when he played in 2016, the results were kind of different  - 2 INT in 8 games vs 5 INT in a half? 

Kessler interests me.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

?

I was talking with Buffalo716 about this in the College Football forum.  In the sense of having a relatively weak arm, and possibly a ceiling as a backup, perhaps?

But when he played in 2016, the results were kind of different  - 2 INT in 8 games vs 5 INT in a half? 

Kessler interests me.

Yes

49 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

And would be another mistake.

Id trade up while giving away two firsts, a second and even next years first for a franchise QB ANY DAY over 4 positional players. 

We've been down down that road before. As has been established, the Bills actually drafted well throughout the drought but never took chances on QBs in the first(outside of EJ Manuel in arguably the worst QB draft in the history of the draft). 

Trade up and take a QB. 

All that to take a chance on someone who could be the next Kizer.....

At one point Kizer was Darnold/Allen/other top prospect. The year before he was drafted I remember people talking about him as a top pick

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:
*pic removed because he was with a girl who may not want to be plastered on a message board*

1 tweet saying they heard he has a house there and another saying he is moving from Illinois

Thank you for taking off the picture - I took that picture - It's my wife. I'm a huge ND fan 

3 hours ago, DCOrange said:

If we're getting rid of Tyrod anyways, I'd be fine swapping him for Kizer; I think it makes sense for both sides honestly.

Hopefully you don't want to dump Hotrod due to a lack of clutchiness. Kizer is about as unclutch as you can get.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1