DeShone Kizer in Buffalo

YoloinOhio

Just now, dneveu said:

I thought he was over drafted, and should've stayed in school for at least 1 more year.  

He should have,  but that ND situation was awful. He was the youngest QB in the league last year playing on a crap team with no OC and Hue yanking him in and out of the games. He could develop in the right situation. He has a lot of raw talent and now has some experience.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

He should have,  but that ND situation was awful. He was the youngest QB in the league last year playing on a crap team with no OC and Hue yanking him in and out of the games. He could develop in the right situation. He has a lot of raw talent and now has some experience.

I guess - i just remember watching him play in 2016 and thinking he didn't even seem like the best QB on the field half the time.  

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

And the browns desperately need a vet QB on the roster and wouldn’t blink at TT cap hit.

I would say we do 

I'd make the trade to swap rookie contract over Tyrods, let the Browns fire there OC next year, it would be nice to see a OC here longer then one season.

Kizer/Peterman on rookie contracts fight it out to be back up to our newly drafted 1st round QB.

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 1

Kizer is raw and needs to learn (maybe another year away) but he absolutely has all the tools and he's a good kid. Jeremiah was very high on his long term prospects. He'd be a lot cheaper in a trade than any of the main guys in this year's draft who may well not be within our reach anyway. We could do a lot worse. 

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He could develop in the right situation. He has a lot of raw talent and now has some experience.

His scouting report reads like the combined worst traits of Tyrod and EJ:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/deshone-kizer?id=2557983

Weaknesses

Gets stuck on primary read missing out on early openers around field. May not have eyes or compact release to spot and hit flashing targets. Can be too reliant upon arm strength over mechanics. Wants open throwing window rather than operating with early anticipation. Can improve in leading receivers and throwing stationary targets open. Too hesitant. Gets caught in pump fake vortex at times. Quick to drop his eyes and halt progressions when pocket warms up. Inconsistent decision-maker. Showed dreadful lapses in judgement that lead to interceptions. Too willing to make off-balanced heaves. Benched against Stanford. Had at least one interception in 15 of his 23 starts. Will take a sack despite having ample time to read and throw.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ittakestime said:

I love how people here act like him being here has anything to do with a trade.

Do people forget that it is against the CBA for the Bills to even communicate with Kizer?

We know. Clearly no trade has occurred. But it could. And it’s not against the CBA for the teams to communicate, nor is it against the CBA for the Bills to communicate with him if the Browns give permission. Moreover, the discussion is that he’s there and may even live there, and we are hypothetically talking about whether we would WANT to trade for him. Not that we have.