Detroit Lions Fans Have To Be Feeling Good About Matt Patricia

BuffaloRush

Just now, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I agree, but the moment the rain started falling, that was it for Manning. Peyton Manning playing outdoors in inclement weather was never a recipe for success, particularly in the playoffs. It’s not to say that Caldwell doesn’t deserve blame for the loss, but I’m not willing to place the blame solely on him. When Peyton failed, the Colts failed. 

Fair enough. I saw one post above saying Caldwell did well by taking the Lions to the playoffs, and I just mentioned he squanders talent if anything, and really doesn't maximise the talent on his teams.

Does he do anything to hurt his teams? Maybe a little, but not a lot in fairness to him.

Is he going to maximise the talent? I would say not even close.

In other words, probably a mediocre coach, and that isn't good enough in the NFL

6 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Will he shave now that his lucky beard has let him down?

Have you ever seen him actually use the pencil he has over his ear? Wonder if he has that as HC

Edited by klos63

9 hours ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

amazing how quick Buffalo people are to shat on others when they fail .  really sad. 

happy to see the Pats not win yet another SB, but if McBeanes build something half as enduring as what the Pats built , it will be good times for the Bills.   

Just need a few more video assistants and spare ball pumps.

34 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Oh, I don't know about that. I think that game came down to three factors:

1) (most importantly) the absence of a healthy Freeney, who got hurt in the championship game. He was the best defensive player in the league that year. 

2) A wide-open Pierre Garcon's drop of a perfect throw that would have prevented NO from getting another possession before halftime. NO did and scored.

3) The (allegedly) mis-run route by Reggie Wayne that led to the pick six that effectively ended the game.

Those are all player-related, not coaching related. That Saints team was really good too: 13-3. 

Great post. I had forgotten about most of these pivotal moments. The Colts precision offense could ill afford these type of mistakes. Manning was an on field coach, and it is unfair to blame the entirety of that loss on the head coach. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Fair enough. I saw one post above saying Caldwell did well by taking the Lions to the playoffs, and I just mentioned he squanders talent if anything, and really doesn't maximise the talent on his teams.

Does he do anything to hurt his teams? Maybe a little, but not a lot in fairness to him.

Is he going to maximise the talent? I would say not even close.

In other words, probably a mediocre coach, and that isn't good enough in the NFL

Thoughtful response. I agree that Caldwell is without question mediocre. I just wouldn’t go as far as blaming the entire failure of their Super Bowl loss on him. Regardless of the head coach, the Lions are a bit of a mystery to me. Stafford desperately needs to take the next step. He has all the tools, and is capable of putting up huge numbers. Stafford just needs to be a little more consistent, and the Lions D needs a massive overhaul. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5
  • Like (+1) 1