Why didn’t Belichick play Malcolm Butler?

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, Gordio said:

It is certainly his right to bench Butler but it is certainly everybody else's right to question it & question or ask if that benching was the difference between a win or a loss.  You & some other posters act like the media can't ever question what BB or Tom Brady does because of their past success.  Well it doesn't work that way, any other coach that benched one of his top 3 or 4 defenders in the biggest game of the year when said player played on 97% of the defensive snaps during the course of the season would get absolutely grilled if it backfired(in which this case it did).  I don't see why BB should be an exception.  Stop being so arrogant & condescending.  

He is being criticized by many people. He doesn't care.

There is nothing arrogant and condescending with my responses. You disagree with them. If that bothers you then that is your issue.

13 hours ago, JohnC said:

You are creating a fiction to coincide with your narrative. Why do you say that the coach had a tantrum? Nothing is farther from the truth. He simply made a personnel decision. That's his prerogative. If anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt it is the coach who has been the successful coach in the history of the modern NFL. 

None of us know what the full story is or the actual reason/s why the coach decided not to play Butler other than on special teams. The mumbling coach is not talking. It may simply be a straight forward football decision mixed in with some disciplinary reasons. It doesn't matter. It's his call. 

You're right it is his call, but it's also my right to say it was a stupid call. And he screwed his team to boot.