Why didn’t Belichick play Malcolm Butler?

YoloinOhio

I think if "Robot Dave" is correct, who wouldn't expect Belicheck to react this way? It's one thing to break rules that are not clearly defined or those with no precedent established -- But to blatantly pull this crap on a Belicheck team?  He either thinks he is bigger than the team or he is a moron.

8 minutes ago, simool said:

I think if "Robot Dave" is correct, who wouldn't expect Belicheck to react this way? It's one thing to break rules that are not clearly defined or those with no precedent established -- But to blatantly pull this crap on a Belicheck team?  He either thinks he is bigger than the team or he is a moron.

If this true, Butler picked the worst possible time to do this with him headed to UFA and it will cost him millions.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

If this true, Butler picked the worst possible time to do this with him headed to UFA and it will cost him millions.

Definitely.  So I will lean towards moron.  I have not seen anyone else reporting on this, but it all seems pretty logical. Time will tell.

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Call it a feeling after seeing Parcells again on tv. who to this day I feel threw that SB to the Packers... 

I have never even heard a rumbling of this and couldn't find anything by googling.  I'm interested, do you mind elaborating?

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I'm not sure that this has been said, but Butler wasn't that good this year. PFF confirms this: Gilmore is their #6-rated cb overall, and Butler was 51st.

Gonna guess that Gilmore's contract and his pending UFA status affected his play this season. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Cut him after the game but you have to win the Superbowl first.

I agree. Still not sure this is legit.  Trending that way, but....

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, row_33 said:

he entered the hotel after curfew smoking a doobie?

that's a boss move

where'd he get the doobie?   

Did he hit up some kid on a street corner, or did he bring his won on the Pats private jet 

Is this a FAKE news story?  where you heard it from a friend of a friend of a friend? 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

where'd he get the doobie?   

Did he hit up some kid on a street corner, or did he bring his won on the Pats private jet 

worst move since that Falcon solicited a naughty lady the night before the big game, i think he won some Man of the Year award as well

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

worst move since that Falcon solicited a naughty lady the night before the big game, i think he won some Man of the Year award as well

I'm pro MJ.   12 hours before a game to relax, I have no problem with it.  

hitting up a hooker ......   never