Krumrie Drill

I bet I could have no problem going through his endurance test...

HHHMM. Last year Krumie would leave the stadium and drive by my house at 4pm every day. So when you at standing at OBD, stop the guy with the cowboy hat on driving the F150. Let me know when you are going to do the challenge. I'll bring my camera.

Let's set it up...

I'm off Sundays and Monday's...

269467[/snapback]

...and soon to be Tuesday's through Saturday's

:o

i'm sure anyone could go through it. can you PASS the test, is the question.....actually, no one asked you any way, so it's not even a question.

and who cares if you could?

HHHMM. Last year Krumie would leave the stadium and drive by my house at 4pm every day. So when you at standing at OBD, stop the guy with the cowboy hat on driving the F150.  Let me know when you are going to do the challenge. I'll bring my camera.

269441[/snapback]

He probably keeps a stack of waivers handy...

wouldn't it be cool to see a video of some of Krumrie's endurance test that he gives to young wide eyed prospects coming out of College?

wonder if anyone can locate some video

269383[/snapback]

This whole thing with Krumrie and his little test is cute and good print, but if college football players leaving school can't beat a 45 year old man in strength drills then they shouldn't even be coming to the NFL. Seems to be some sort of bare minimum test. If Krumrie were 35 then maybe this would have some meaning. Is he gonna keep doing this as if it's impressive when he's 50? 60? Big deal. That's the problem with the Bills, they live by cute little stories and not big, bad, mean players.

This whole thing with Krumrie and his little test is cute and good print, but if college football players leaving school can't beat a 45 year old man in strength drills then they shouldn't even be coming to the NFL.  Seems to be some sort of bare minimum test.  If Krumrie were 35 then maybe this would have some meaning.  Is he gonna keep doing this as if it's impressive when he's 50?  60?  Big deal.  That's the problem with the Bills, they live by cute little stories and not big, bad, mean players.

270105[/snapback]

By all accounts, Krumrie's drill is anything but cute, and it sounds like he's not the typical 45 year old man. There have been numerous stories about his physical conditioning and weight lifting habits. I'd say the problem with the Bills isn't that they're being too cute, it's that no one on the team can get the better of him on a wrestling mat.

Krumrie's a bad-a$$.

By all accounts, Krumrie's drill is anything but cute, and it sounds like he's not the typical 45 year old man.  There have been numerous stories about his physical conditioning and weight lifting habits.  I'd say the problem with the Bills isn't that they're being too cute, it's that no one on the team can get the better of him on a wrestling mat.

Krumrie's a bad-a$$.

270108[/snapback]

He may not be the typical 45 year old, but he's still 45. He's definitely not as strong as a typical 27 year old NFL lineman either.

Good point on the Bills problem.

He may not be the typical 45 year old, but he's still 45.  He's definitely not as strong as a typical 27 year old NFL lineman either. 

Good point on the Bills problem.

270390[/snapback]

My impression is that the test isn't just about strength. It's about agility, leverage, balance, stamina and, probably most importantly, composure, all done in an unorthodox manner. By the time a player figures out he's not going to get failed/fired/fined/jailed for letting the Coach have it, he's already started to lose his composure. It's how he handles the completely unexpected, rather than being able to break a certain grip with brute strength. And Krumrie's going to always have the upper hand there...IMO, of course.

This whole thing with Krumrie and his little test is cute and good print, but if college football players leaving school can't beat a 45 year old man in strength drills then they shouldn't even be coming to the NFL.  Seems to be some sort of bare minimum test.  If Krumrie were 35 then maybe this would have some meaning.  Is he gonna keep doing this as if it's impressive when he's 50?  60?  Big deal.  That's the problem with the Bills, they live by cute little stories and not big, bad, mean players.

270105[/snapback]

That's the problem with the Bills, they live by cute little stories and not big, bad, mean players.

that's just plain ignorant. The Bills don't choose the stories that get written. AND, Krumrie's been doing this test for years, when he was in Cinci.

And every year that he does this, almost all the lineman interviewed say it was a tough test. I'm sure the Bills (and the Bengals before them) aren't trying to be cute. and I'm sure they don't make this "the" determining factor of a lineman's toughness.

I think maybe we should see a video of it. maybe words don't do it justice. and maybe it's talked up a bit. I still would like to see an actual video.