Buffalo no longer WR purgatory once TT moves on

dezertbill

2 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

Well I clearly remember two seasons where we just needed a better defense and lo and behold we get a better defense and playoffs .......... go figure.  That's even with letting every single starting caliber receiver leave and the replacements all being injured.  I've heard rumors of Cousins and even Luck on here and if you can get an upgrade who wouldn't want that?  People forget though, we could do a lot worse. 

Exactly this.  IMO, the Bills QB position doesn't need to be fixed but upgraded.  Cleveland and Denver are teams that need to fix their QB situations.   If the Bills can't get a better QB than Taylor in FA, then they need to keep him.  Cousins would be an upgrade.  If Bradford were healthy and could stay that way, he would be, too, but staying healthy has been problematic for him since he was drafted.  Keenum might be, but I'm thinking he doesn't leave Minnesota unless the Vikings sign Cousins.  Who else is there on the FA market?  Fitzpatrick and McKown might be available.    Matt Moore, Chad Henne, Derek Anderson have been mentioned.   Keep in mind that cutting Taylor will result in an $8+ million cap hit in 2018, which likely puts Cousins out of range and makes both Bradford and Keenum cost about the same against the cap as keeping Taylor.

Taylor/Cousins/Bradford/Keenum plus a first round QB would be an upgrade.  Any of these same QBs plus a second round QB might be an upgrade if the rookie turned out to be at least a competent backup.  A QB like Moore, Henne, or Anderson plus a first round QB would only be an upgrade if the rookie was good enough to win the starting job in TC.

....cite all of the damn stats you want, but when recently have you felt HIGHLY confident that Bflo's passing game could or is a formidable threat to be counted on consistently?.....BB says it is a three phase game and you can win with two phases in stride......so if the running game is good yet the kicking game falters, have you been confident that the passing game can step up consistently?......the usual cop out is "our WR's suck"......so the failure of a consistently threatening passing game is solely their fault?.......4th quarter down by 7 with 2:28 left on the clock.....Shady is already over 150 yet dinged and tired......confident that the passing game in the 2 minute drill can tie this bad boy up when called upon?.......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

9 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

OMG!!! OMG!!! You poke your head up out of the sand just for that, ostrich? If you are still defending TT, YOU get a life.

I think you deserve another 17 years without playoffs.  Ostrich?  That's clever.