Tyrod wears glasses

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Yes but perhaps he isn’t a good candidate for LASIK as you suggested, or just prefers not to get it 

Fair enough. I remember a handful of baseball players attributing improved BA from the time they went from contacts to LASIK. I'd have to do some research. 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Every time I see Taylor on TV or on Twitter, he's wearing glasses. But he doesn't wear glasses while playing. So now I'm thinking how much is his vision affecting his QB play? Sure, he night be wearing contacts in games. So why the glasses away from the game, unless contacts don't fully correct his vision? Do we have another Ricky Vaughn scenario here?

Ricky_Wild_Thing_Vaughn.jpg

From TBN article:

Taylor told The Buffalo News Friday, while making appearances at the media center for Super Bowl LII on behalf of designer eyeglass frames he's promoting.

1 minute ago, GG said:

From TBN article:

Taylor told The Buffalo News Friday, while making appearances at the media center for Super Bowl LII on behalf of designer eyeglass frames he's promoting.

The launch party for his new eyewear line was Thursday night in Minny

Edited by YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

LASIK is so much better than contacts, I wonder why a high paid guy like Taylor would choose the later? Maybe something they can't correct?

Lots of reasons. I cannot because my eyes are dry to begin with, and LASIK will make it worse.

Some people just don't want their eyes cut with a laser scalpel.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Hah. I have picked on Taylor enough I was asking a serious question. I wore contacts for about 15 years, even playing sports as a weekend warrior I always looked back and wish I had LASIK back then. Depth perception and such is much better when you don't have to rely on blinking or making sure your contact is perfect. Sounds stupid i guess, anyone that has worn them probably knows what I'm talking about.

....my apology...was just being a smartazz about my frustrations with the passing game as a viable and CONSISTENT threat.............

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Every time I see Taylor on TV or on Twitter, he's wearing glasses. But he doesn't wear glasses while playing. So now I'm thinking how much is his vision affecting his QB play? Sure, he night be wearing contacts in games. So why the glasses away from the game, unless contacts don't fully correct his vision? Do we have another Ricky Vaughn scenario here?

I think we have more like another Doug Flutie situation.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it’s probably part fashion statement, part endorsements . But to your point, my eye doctor doesn’t recommend lasik for me so it could be the same. Not sure what his corrective issue is.

For the endorsements, it's not uncommon these days to wear frames with plain glass to get "the look"

9 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Hah. I have picked on Taylor enough I was asking a serious question. I wore contacts for about 15 years, even playing sports as a weekend warrior I always looked back and wish I had LASIK back then. Depth perception and such is much better when you don't have to rely on blinking or making sure your contact is perfect. Sounds stupid i guess, anyone that has worn them probably knows what I'm talking about.

I'm an eye doctor, this is incorrect.