Tyrod wears glasses

Every time I see Taylor on TV or on Twitter, he's wearing glasses. But he doesn't wear glasses while playing. So now I'm thinking how much is his vision affecting his QB play? Sure, he night be wearing contacts in games. So why the glasses away from the game, unless contacts don't fully correct his vision? Do we have another Ricky Vaughn scenario here?

Ricky_Wild_Thing_Vaughn.jpg

• Haha (+1) 5

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Every time I see Taylor on TV or on Twitter, he's wearing glasses. But he doesn't wear glasses while playing. So now I'm thinking how much is his vision affecting his QB play? Sure, he night be wearing contacts in games. So why the glasses away from the game, unless contacts don't fully correct his vision? Do we have another Ricky Vaughn scenario here?

.....LMAO....or Jim Harbaugh, a/k/a Clark Kent.................

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Jamies Winston wears contacts and he goes without them when he plays football

Hes blind and stupid

....sometimes I think TT should where binoculars to find our open WR's......or have them wear GPS units....frustrating as hell..............

• Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Some people, Hollywood/celebrity types, wear clear non corrective lenses to make a fashion statement. Added benefit is it protects eyes.

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Works for Brady. Whoops, that was a secret.

....bad bad boy....league exemption............:D

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He should work on a sonar system for location 

...I like it!...."up scope" and GPS..........solved BOTH height and location issues.......keep the guy.....:thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What we used to call "Birth Control Glasses" back in Da Day (common amoung engineers and other anti-fashionistas) are now very fashionable with the under-30 set.

My kid has contacts, she also has a pair of them-there "formerly known as BCG" she wears in Fashionista Mode.

Although, depending upon the specifics, sometimes contacts don't fully correct.

15 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So why the glasses away from the game, unless contacts don't fully correct his vision?

A lot of people find contacts uncomfortable. My wife wore them for a while but decided to go back to glasses because the contacts irritated her eyes.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What we used to call "Birth Control Glasses" back in Da Day (common amoung engineers and other anti-fashionistas) are now very fashionable with the under-30 set.

My kid has contacts, she also has a pair of them-there "formerly known as BCG" she wears in Fashionista Mode.

Although, depending upon the specifics, sometimes contacts don't fully correct.

Drives me nuts seeing girls in these. 

They look good as librarians, though.

You'd think they got Seymour seeing more so they'd have addressed this with Taylor.

Edited by Boyst62

I think he wears glasses off the field as a fashion statement, but he also might not prefer to wear contacts unless he has to, like while he is playing.

Fwiw his charity is related to corrective eyewear, he endorses both Stanton Optical and My Eyelab, and he also has his own line of eyewear for Frame Genie that just launched so he will want to wear the glasses/Frames for those reasons...

https://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/prnewswire/press_releases/Minnesota/2018/02/01/MN03335

https://www.framegenie.com/collections/t2

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think he wears glasses off the field as a fashion statement, but he also might not prefer to wear contacts unless he has to, like while he is playing.

Fwiw his charity is related to corrective eyewear, he endorses both Stanton Optical and My Eyelab, and he also has his own line of eyewear for Frame Genie that just launched so he will want to wear the glasses/Frames for those reasons...

https://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/prnewswire/press_releases/Minnesota/2018/02/01/MN03335

https://www.framegenie.com/collections/t2

Interesting

6 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

LASIK is so much better than contacts, I wonder why a high paid guy like Taylor would choose the later? Maybe something they can't correct?

I think it’s probably part fashion statement, part endorsements . But to your point, my eye doctor doesn’t recommend lasik for me so it could be the same. Not sure what his corrective issue is.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

LASIK is so much better than contacts, I wonder why a high paid guy like Taylor would choose the later? Maybe something they can't correct?

....would it help to find his receivers??............they seem to be INACTIVE on most Sundays.........gotta be a vision problem..........

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....would it help to find his receivers??............they seem to be INACTIVE on most Sundays.........gotta be a vision problem..........

Hah. I have picked on Taylor enough I was asking a serious question. I wore contacts for about 15 years, even playing sports as a weekend warrior I always looked back and wish I had LASIK back then. Depth perception and such is much better when you don't have to rely on blinking or making sure your contact is perfect. Sounds stupid i guess, anyone that has worn them probably knows what I'm talking about.