Tyrod Wants to Stay with the Bills, but Won't Take Another Pay Cut

The contract he is on now is the bridge contract right in line with what Sam Bradford signed for when the Eagles were taking Wentz and what Glennon signed for when they were taking Trubisky it is the right market for a Quarterback a team believes can play but are not committing to (obviously the Bears now know Glennon can't play). 

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t blame him. He’s been more than fair to the Bills. It’s also hilarious that people on here are mad at a guy that won’t take a pay cut. He already did once!! I know I wouldn’t take a pay cut at my job. None of us would accept a pay cut. 

You would if  it was still the highest paying option. 

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

Better question: Why would he admit to it in public?

That’s just an invitation to the FO. 

this

Look....  I like Tyrod Taylor......the human being.  Not a fan of him as a starting NFL QB.  Honestly, he's the perfect backup QB to have in the league.  Someone that can come off the bench and hold down the fort for a few games if necessary.  But, as a full-time starter, he's just not a good enough thrower of the football to win a championship in this league.  That said, I don't blame him for not wanting to take a pay cut.  That's fine and he shouldn't have to.  He was given a contract and should't have to give it back.  That said, he is not an $18 mil a year QB.  I can find a lot of QBs in this league that can throw for 150-180 yards and 0-1 TDs per game.  In fact, I bet most of these first round rookies will be able to do that.  So, yeah, if I can find a rookie or a journeyman QB that can put up the same stats for bargain contract, why pay a guy $18 mil to do it?

So yeah, if he wants to stick to his guns and not take a pay cut, that's perfectly OK.  He's earned that right and I respect that.  However, I really hope that it's another team paying him $18 mil to play.  We know what he is and he's not close to being good enough to win a championship.  We don't need to tie up that much money in cap space for an "average on a good day" type of QB.   

It's time for Bills fans to want better than below average to average.  Let's try an get a guy in here that can actually throw the ball and play the QB position in a passing league.  top settling for QBs that lead you to a 30th-32nd rank offense and try to find a guy that can potentially be a top 5-10 QB in this league.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

.....if what has been reported here about TT as well as Bridgewater not willing to sign with Vikes for back up money, both may have to test the market and I'd venture to say (OPINION) with less than favorable results......then again, crazy money and desperation DOES exist.....stay tuned........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The contract he is on now is the bridge contract right in line with what Sam Bradford signed for when the Eagles were taking Wentz and what Glennon signed for when they were taking Trubisky it is the right market for a Quarterback a team believes can play but are not committing to (obviously the Bears now know Glennon can't play). 

Exactly, he can get 2 years and $20M guaranteed somewhere as a bridge guy. Maybe somewhere like Arizona? One of the places that drafts a young guy that will need some time (like Allen). 

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....if what has been reported here about TT as well as Bridgewater not willing to sign with Vikes for back up money, both may have to test the market and I'd venture to say (OPINION) with less than favorable results......then again, crazy money and desperation DOES exist.....stay tuned........

Agree. TB has a higher celing than Tyrod. Tyrod is a better QB at this point in time tho.

TB has to be the most over hyped QB with a bad TD INT ratio.

Watch him play. Hes not that good. 

His potential made him more valuable than TT but the injury cancelled that out.

I dont want either of them starting for us next year.  

If i had to pick a poison, id stick with Tyrod, this is his team, the players respond to him, you could see that during the NP SD debacle.

2 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Because he knows his only chance to be a starter is on the Bills. Where average at best QB's are worshiped as gods.

He just said he wont. Dont be an idiot. Get over it, hes moving on. Find another player to hate on. 

35 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t blame him. He’s been more than fair to the Bills. It’s also hilarious that people on here are mad at a guy that won’t take a pay cut. He already did once!! I know I wouldn’t take a pay cut at my job. None of us would accept a pay cut. 

I would, I feel like I'm not doing enough work and taking too many sick days. I like to call it taking a Tyrod.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1