Aaron Rodgers Wants to Play into His 40s

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers thinks he has many good years left in him, but he’s not sure if all those years will be in Green Bay.

Rodgers told the Associated Press that he wants to play as long as Tom Brady, but that he’s not sure if it will all be for one team. Rodgers remembers replacing Brett Favre, who was traded to the Jets before finishing his career with the Vikings.

21 hours ago, OJABBA said:

He already looks 50. Look at the guy compared to Brady, it's obvious he doesn't take as good of care of himself, and is aging at a quicker rate than Brady.

Rodgers has taken a few major concussions as well. It’s been awhile since his last one, so the chatter about it has lessened, but it’s still in his resume

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly, we all know that the Pats just do a better job hiding Brady’s injuries. With that said, Rodgers seems to miss a few games every season. Brady is on the field every week, with the exception of the 08 season. He simply seems to be holding up better. Rodgers won’t be playing past 40 imo. 

1 minute ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Honestly, we all know that the Pats just do a better job hiding Brady’s injuries. With that said, Rodgers seems to miss a few games every season. Brady is on the field every week, with the exception of the 08 season. He simply seems to be holding up better. Rodgers won’t be playing past 40 imo. 

Rodgers has played in 16 games six times in his career and 15 games in two seasons.  Your recollection is faulty. 

23 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Brady wouldn't be left publicly describing the firing of his QB coach without his input as an "interesting change"....

While I think teams generally do not consult players on coaching changes I could see him expecting to be consulted.  Rodgers has mentioned a few times unprompted that AVP has done a good job on getting him prepared for games but perhaps AVP is not so good at getting rooks prepared.

I'd like ice bowl's input on this.

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Rodgers has played in 16 games six times in his career and 15 games in two seasons.  Your recollection is faulty. 

Sure, but he still misses games due to injury more frequently each season than Brady. Playing QB well into ones 40’s is a rare feat. I choose to doubt Rodgers ability to do so until proven wrong. Rodgers simply seems more physically mortal when considering games missed each season. Brady started every game from 2009-2015, prior to the 2016 suspension. Rodgers has no such streak. Farve played until he was 41, but was known as the ultimate “iron man”. Rodgers can’t be referred to as an “iron man”. 

22 hours ago, Limeaid said:

While I think teams generally do not consult players on coaching changes I could see him expecting to be consulted.  Rodgers has mentioned a few times unprompted that AVP has done a good job on getting him prepared for games but perhaps AVP is not so good at getting rooks prepared.

I'd like ice bowl's input on this.

Brady forced the owner to get rid of his backup.....for peanuts.

Rodgers doesn't even get a text before they fire his QB coach.

No juice...