Irrigation Controller

Dante

I have been having trouble with my controller for a while now. I ended up doing a factory reset on it and started programming from scratch. Still double and triple waters. Can't figure it out. I was thinking of getting one that you can control with your phone. Has anyone tried this one?

http://rachio.com/smart-sprinkler?utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=adwords-sprinkler-keywords&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI383ywdKF2QIVD3R-Ch0Uvg7sEAAYASAAEgL7zfD_BwE

Or any other suggestions??

9 minutes ago, Dante said:

I have been having trouble with my controller for a while now. I ended up doing a factory reset on it and started programming from scratch. Still double and triple waters. Can't figure it out. I was thinking of getting one that you can control with your phone. Has anyone tried this one?

http://rachio.com/smart-sprinkler?utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=adwords-sprinkler-keywords&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI383ywdKF2QIVD3R-Ch0Uvg7sEAAYASAAEgL7zfD_BwE

When you say "double and triple waters," do you mean that the cycles are lasting longer, or that it is running additional cycles?

35 minutes ago, mead107 said:

In the old days people watered by hand.  ?

The California Water Police banned that years ago.  The overlords said hand watering is too wasteful, must use a smart controller.  Now he has a broken smart controller, EPA approved too, but wasting three times the water.  Go figure.

I have a water softener.  In two states in this (ONCE great land for the controlling minority) great land, I am not allowed to do two things with that water softener.  The People's Republik of Kalifornia says that I must enable the water saving mode when using said softener.  AND... In the Democratic Republic of Massachusetts, I can't install the device myself, I would have to hire a plumber.

I am telling you, if I wasn't so damn liberal (BTW, NOT an enviro liberal)... I'd say this country is going to hell in a handbasket!

Water is my passion... Come get me water coppers!  You're not taking me alive! You can pry my cold, dead hands off the controls to my lock gates and dam sluices!

Oh Dante... Don't let then take you alive. 

Sorry, that's all I can add! :D

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

20 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The California Water Police banned that years ago.  The overlords said hand watering is too wasteful, must use a smart controller.  Now he has a broken smart controller, EPA approved too, but wasting three times the water.  Go figure.

I have a water softener.  In two states in this (ONCE great land for the controlling minority) great land, I am not allowed to do two things with that water softener.  The People's Republik of Kalifornia says that I must enable the water saving mode when using said softener.  AND... In the Democratic Republic of Massachusetts, I can't install the device myself, I would have to hire a plumber.

I am telling you, if I wasn't so damn liberal (BTW, NOT an enviro liberal)... I'd say this country is going to hell in a handbasket!

Water is my passion... Come get me water coppers!  You're not taking me alive! You can pry my cold, dead hands off the controls to my lock gates and dam sluices!

Oh Dante... Don't let then take you alive. 

Sorry, that's all I can add! :D

So screw epa water by hand. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dante said:

Does your controller allow A, B & C schedules? Any chance you have watering times in each?

9 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Does your controller allow A, B & C schedules? Any chance you have watering times in each?

This. It’s a common error. If you program multiple schedules, it will run all of them. If that’s the case, just remove the time settings in the B and C schedules.  

17 hours ago, Gugny said:

When you say "double and triple waters," do you mean that the cycles are lasting longer, or that it is running additional cycles?

Additional cycles and I can't get rid of them. I reset the controller as a last resort.

5 hours ago, Nanker said:

This. It’s a common error. If you program multiple schedules, it will run all of them. If that’s the case, just remove the time settings in the B and C schedules.  

I'm pretty sure there is only one schedule. It doesn't help that the controller is behind a shelf I have to kinda reach in a couple feet. 

15 hours ago, mead107 said:

So screw epa water by hand. 

hahaha a swat helicopter with a megaphone will hover above our house if I have gall to do that. It is cali.

12 minutes ago, Dante said:

Additional cycles and I can't get rid of them. I reset the controller as a last resort.

I'm pretty sure there is only one schedule. It doesn't help that the controller is behind a shelf I have to kinda reach in a couple feet. 

hahaha a swat helicopter with a megaphone will hover above our house if I have gall to do that. It is cali.

I'm going to agree with Cripple and Nanker.  My system has A, B, C for different cycles.  I only run once in the morning and once later in the day and I'm able to accomplish that by using the "A" cycle for the early run and "B" for the late run.  I make sure "C" is completely empty.

I also have a "Water Savings" setting that is measured by %.  But it's a gimmick, because if I have a 40 minute cycle and I set the savings at 50%; it just cuts the cycle to 20 minutes.  I originally thought it would use half the water, but for the same amount of time.  The only reason I brought that up is if it might have anything to do with your issues.