Fred Jackson Is The WRONG Kind of Player To Roast

BuffaloRush

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I like the thread. It’s different than just talking about the QB all day. He has a point. They are selling tickets (for charity) to watch a bunch of non-comedians poke fun at a guy that is pretty normal. If you want it to be an enjoyable night for those in attendance you should have funny people poke fun at guy’s that have a lot to make fun of. Roasts are supposed to be uncomfortable but they are supposed to be funny. This won’t be funny. If you want to do a roast, do it right. Otherwise have a dinner to honor Fred Jackson (or whoever it is) and let people tell stories, and pay tribute to the guy. That’s a fine option as well. 

Thank you KJ.  You did a great job articulating the main point of the thread.  The tribute to Fred would definitely be a great idea 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

“This History of Comedy” by some

dude named Old Dirty B.

So you basically confirmed my point that the modern roast is about finding a figure who is an “easy target” or someone that you find things to laugh at.  Exactly the opposite of Fred.  So thanks for proving my point Old Dirty.

As far as Terry, there’s a LOT of material there.  Not exactly the greatest public speaker, his age, fracking, the number of coaches/GM’s.  There’s a lot more material with Terry than there is with Fred.  

Do you know who old dirty is? Or are you older than dirt? Don't !@#$ with dirt Mcgert.

Secondly, I brought that up because the roasts on comedy central have became not even worth watching and get awful ratings ever sense it became Trump, Beiber, Sheen, and whoever was the joke that none of the roasters knew but was in the public spotlight.

I didn't prove your point at all, you proved you don't know anything about pop culture. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Lol! I’m positive they don’t all have a sense of humor. 

Another one with no faith in joke writers. 

It probably won't be the Hindenburg, but the comedy potential is limited.  

A family man with a great story, background and squeaky clean history in terms of gags/goofs wouldn't be on my top 10 candidates to put on a gut-busting show.

I think this point has been belabored enough.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Do we need his approval to roast him or can we just begin crushing his soul? Asking for a friend...

Frankly I am all in......let it rip!

21 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

I might. I have some high level business meetings in Buffalo that week.

Damn - just spewed my beer all over my screen......damn

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Dude it's all in good fun...

roasts have been going on for 50+ years   And it is all to celebrate Fred

comedy central roasts are raunchy but they are paid to be...its all in good fun man

Comedy Central roasts aren't even really roasts as the late great Patrice O'Neal pointed out. Roasts are supposed to be among friends, at the Comedy Central Roasts they have mostly random comedians completely unassociated with the person being roasted make a bunch of jokes about the failed celebs career. They also have people who barely know the person being roasted making mean nasty jokes with no love behind it. 

A roast is supposed to have a lot of love behind it to go with the humor, the way Comedy Central does it is a very poor imitation of something organic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Comedy Central roasts aren't even really roasts as the late great Patrice O'Neal pointed out. Roasts are supposed to be among friends, at the Comedy Central Roasts they have mostly random comedians completely unassociated with the person being roasted make a bunch of jokes about the failed celebs career. They also have people who barely know the person being roasted making mean nasty jokes with no love behind it. 

A roast is supposed to have a lot of love behind it to go with the humor, the way Comedy Central does it is a very poor imitation of something organic.

Exactly what I was saying, thank you.

Patrice O'Neal was also great... but watch out. Some guy with a name Old Dirty likes him, so we're probably on the wrong side of history even though the OP knows nothing about stand up.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

Fred is absolutely one of my all time favorite players. I would love to see a roast of him by his friends and colleagues so that I could learn more about his personality, relationships, hang-ups, and whatever else those who know him well would want to poke fun at. I watched the Roast of Justin Beiber, and actually developed a shred of respect for him. I don't see any downside to a FredEX roast.

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’d rather Jeff Ross and Lisa Lampanelli read the Corey McIntyre story and then unleash on him!!

On a side note I saw Chris Rock a few months back and Jeff Ross was the emcee. He randomly invited people on stage to be roasted. He destroyed them!! It was hilarious.

I saw Lisa Lampanelli tell Jeff Ross “you have disappointed more fat women than Jenny Craig.”

:D

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

In my opinion, Fred Jackson is the wrong person they should have used as a subject for the roast.  Watch the roasts on Comedy Central or before that, the Dean Martin Roasts.  You roast someone with things that you can actually make fun of them about.   You want to make a joke at someone's expense, while it's all in good fun,  the jokes are somewhat mean spirited.   Honestly, does anyone really want to see Fred Jackson get made fun of?  And what really is there is to make fun or Fred about?

Oh man, they could roast O.J.  You know, because of all the Hertz commercial and Naked Gun movie jokes.

Plus he just became available in the last few months. What a good time of hilarity for all that would be.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts