Fred Jackson Is The WRONG Kind of Player To Roast

BuffaloRush

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

No it needs to be Dunkirk Don.  Most polarizing guy at TBD

Chadwick is up there, no doubt but there have been numerous polarizing figures in the 22 years this community has been exchanging ideas. And unanimously well loved figures would be good candidates, too, for that matter. 

11 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

But you don't really roast someone because they are beloved.  You roast someone who can you laugh at.  You can't really laugh much at Fred.

I would agree that there is more material with Moorman.  Downside is, he's not as a big of a name to sell tickets.  

Actually roasts originated with people that are beloved. They only recently moved onto the theme of roasting the easy target, the publically hated by a bunch of people that barely know them on comedy central in the last 10 years.

You don't know what you're talking about. Like at all. Also, again, even if they had it wrong. Who the !@#$ cares.

And you threw out Pegula to be roasted, isn't he in the same vein as Fred? A guy who has given all to his community, is a respected, viewed as a good guy among his peers but just hasn't been successful in a myopic view? Even your examples don't make sense. 

Again, this thread is just wrong on so many levels.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

I like the thread. It’s different than just talking about the QB all day. He has a point. They are selling tickets (for charity) to watch a bunch of non-comedians poke fun at a guy that is pretty normal. If you want it to be an enjoyable night for those in attendance you should have funny people poke fun at guy’s that have a lot to make fun of. Roasts are supposed to be uncomfortable but they are supposed to be funny. This won’t be funny. If you want to do a roast, do it right. Otherwise have a dinner to honor Fred Jackson (or whoever it is) and let people tell stories, and pay tribute to the guy. That’s a fine option as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

Grow up.  This is a message board pal.  We start threads.  Don’t like it?  Leave.

Who's the one who needs to grow up?

You're complaining that Fred is going to get roasted for no reason. It's ridiculous. I can't imagine how unbearable your small talk is if this is something you write paragraphs about.

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

Forget it Jake, it's Mr. Copy-Paste.

He can't agree to disagree on a topic about an ex-player roast, and he doesn't even care about it!  Just ask him and his 8 posts on the subject.

Whoosh! You are slow.  It's not about whether I care or not and my posts didn't say that I did or did not except my response to you when you inanely interjected as you often do. 

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Chadwick is up there, no doubt but there have been numerous polarizing figures in the 22 years this community has been exchanging ideas. And unanimously well loved figures would be good candidates, too, for that matter. 

A TBD roast would be a lot of fun. It would have to be someone that has strong opinions and material to be picked on for. They have to have a good sense of humor too. We could nominate the person and then pick a date. We can start a thread and everyone can post their material on the person. It would be great!! There are some good candidates but I’m not sure that they all have a good sense of humor. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I like the thread. It’s different than just talking about the QB all day. He has a point. They are selling tickets (for charity) to watch a bunch of non-comedians poke fun at a guy that is pretty normal. If you want it to be an enjoyable night for those in attendance you should have funny people poke fun at guy’s that have a lot to make fun of. Roasts are supposed to be uncomfortable but they are supposed to be funny. This won’t be funny. If you want to do a roast, do it right. Otherwise have a dinner to honor Fred Jackson (or whoever it is) and let people tell stories, and pay tribute to the guy. That’s a fine option as well. 

Several funny people are writing the material for the non funny people to deliver. And you never know who’s gonna rif with some spontaneous improv, either. This will be a funny roast, regardless.

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This.

There isn't going to be enough bite to be truly funny.  There will be some inside jokes, but the best roasts are the ones that sting a little.  Not a lot of jokes you can make that will sting for Fred Jackson. 

4 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Actually roasts originated with people that are beloved. They only recently moved onto the theme of roasting the easy target, the publically hated by a bunch of people that barely know them on comedy central in the last 10 years.

You don't know what you're talking about. Like at all. Also, again, even if they had it wrong. Who the !@#$ cares.

And you threw out Pegula to be roasted, isn't he in the same vein as Fred? A guy who has given all to his community, is a respected, viewed as a good guy among his peers but just hasn't been successful in a myopic view? Even your examples don't make sense. 

Again, this thread is just wrong on so many levels.

“This History of Comedy” by some

dude named Old Dirty B.

So you basically confirmed my point that the modern roast is about finding a figure who is an “easy target” or someone that you find things to laugh at.  Exactly the opposite of Fred.  So thanks for proving my point Old Dirty.

As far as Terry, there’s a LOT of material there.  Not exactly the greatest public speaker, his age, fracking, the number of coaches/GM’s.  There’s a lot more material with Terry than there is with Fred.  

2 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

This.

There isn't going to be enough bite to be truly funny.  There will be some inside jokes, but the best roasts are the ones that sting a little.  Not a lot of jokes you can make that will sting for Fred Jackson. 

Are you going? 

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

A TBD roast would be a lot of fun. It would have to be someone that has strong opinions and material to be picked on for. They have to have a good sense of humor too. We could nominate the person and then pick a date. We can start a thread and everyone can post their material on the person. It would be great!! There are some good candidates but I’m not sure that they all have a good sense of humor. 

Lol! I’m positive they don’t all have a sense of humor. 

4 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

This.

Another one with no faith in joke writers. 

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Im sure it’ll be fine enough... but Stevie, fitz, or a bunch of other guys would likely be funnier material 

Fred’s somewhere between a roast of chris Kelsey and... I don’t even know someone else in that era more vanilla for basing a comedy routine on. Lindell?

im sure it’ll still be generally enjoyable though.