Most difficult character kill off/write off in a TV show

SPOLIER:

Good topic and a lot of good answers. There is a glaring omission so far and it’s Sht. Brody from Homeland. He won an Emmy. A SAG, a Golden Globe and a bunch of other “best actor awards” and then was dead the next season.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

39 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

SPOLIER:

Good topic and a lot of good answers. There is a glaring omission so far and it’s Sht. Brody from Homeland. He won an Emmy. A SAG, a Golden Globe and a bunch of other “best actor awards” and then was dead the next season.

I just finished watching that season marathon this past weekend   ... Brody walked off into Canada.  

Did you mean Peter Quinn? 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

43 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I just finished watching that season marathon this past weekend   ... Brody walked off into Canada.  

Uhg, if you went to Canada after you died that would really suck!  So many spoilers in this thread...

16 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Best show ever

Sucks it's not on a streaming service. I have a Genie almost 100% devoted to Scrubs..something like 140 episodes and counting.Always good to have !

2 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I had a feeling you would be into that show too. Ugh— not looking forward to the next episode! I love the dad!

I go back and forth on this show..freaking Dad is almost too perfect for me..and I let little things that are off in the show bother me.First season her buying a six-pack at corner store in Pittsburgh..things like that.

every morning from 7-930 or so on comedy central, of course you then have to put up with spca commercials, st. judes commercials, tac light glasses commercials, but i usually switch to sports center during those

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Sucks it's not on a streaming service. I have a Genie almost 100% devoted to Scrubs..something like 140 episodes and counting.Always good to have !

I go back and forth on this show..freaking Dad is almost too perfect for me..and I let little things that are off in the show bother me.First season her buying a six-pack at corner store in Pittsburgh..things like that.

Just now, The Poojer said:

every morning from 7-930 or so on comedy central, of course you then have to put up with spca commercials, st. judes commercials, tac light glasses commercials, but i usually switch to sports center during those

That's where I am recording it from. It was Netflix for a while, but they took it off. And seeing how this is always a goto show for me, I said screw i will record the whole series on Comedy Central, and that is what I am doing now. 30second skip makes the commercials bearble.

1 hour ago, ricojes said:

Uhg, if you went to Canada after you died that would really suck!  So many spoilers in this thread...

its about to start season 7.   

you've a lot of catching up to do 

49 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

That's where I am recording it from. It was Netflix for a while, but they took it off. And seeing how this is always a goto show for me, I said screw i will record the whole series on Comedy Central, and that is what I am doing now. 30second skip makes the commercials bearble.

you mean a 5 to 7 x  30 second skip

many shows now are 4 to 5 min of commercials and 5 to 6 minutes of show, repeat 6 x for an hour show.   

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

you mean a 5 to 7 x  30 second skip

many shows now are 4 to 5 min of commercials and 5 to 6 minutes of show, repeat 6 x for an hour show.   

yep, but you can program the DTV to do an instant 30skip, so hitting the button 5 times no big deal

for thos with DTV that have not done that, here is how it is done

go to menu search and type in 30skip and then search..when nothing comes up,  hit autorecord, now you Genie will do the instant 30 second skip

• Like (+1) 1

Dennis Reynolds, possibly........

Weirdest could be the mom from Fresh Prince (Just out of the blue here's a new person playing the mom) and the youngest daughter and Family Matters (Just disappeared without a trace, maybe kidnapped by the same person who kidnapped Richies older brother on happy Days?)

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

yep, but you can program the DTV to do an instant 30skip, so hitting the button 5 times no big deal

for thos with DTV that have not done that, here is how it is done

go to menu search and type in 30skip and then search..when nothing comes up,  hit autorecord, now you Genie will do the instant 30 second skip

I just hit this button for a 30 sec skip

image.png.9653a0b8f181c65232fae95864568c71.png

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I just hit this button for a 30 sec skip

image.png.9653a0b8f181c65232fae95864568c71.png

Unhacked, that button kinda skips through the 30 seconds, estimating close to 5 seconds to get through the 30-second commercial. Do the 30skip thing, and it instantaneously jumps to 30 seconds. Trust me, you will notice a big difference

They had to do it this way as the technology was proprietary to TIVO or something.

spoiler for Game of Thrones

The 'Red Wedding' was absolutely brutal for the "hopeful" reader/watcher.  It changed from the story of a Son with an army avenging his father's death, removing the king (who is one of the most repugnant characters ever), and building toward the confrontation between Rob and Joffrey that seemed inevitable since the scene early in the 1st book in Winterfell... to a story of an unforgiving world that sucks.  It was the biggest gut punch.    

spoiler for Oz

Adibese was a tough loss.  He was the primary baddie, the ringleader for most things, and the symbol of how brutal the prison is.  He died just past the midway point of the series and his absence deflated the show just a bit.  While the Red Wedding didnt hurt the quality of the story (actually enhances it), Oz lost a bit of quality when Adibese died (although still a terrific show)