Horowitz's DOJ IG Report

So, we know there are new texts included... (as expected)

24 minutes ago, peace out said:

says the idiot who has been projecting this topic for 39 pages

More projection - from someone who clearly doesn't understand the definition of the word. :lol: Pace yourself, Gary. It's going to be a long summer. 

19 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

This is nothing new as everybody and their mother was saying he broke from normal protocol when he did it at the time in 2016. The FBI had always respected that time window relative to Election Day regarding the nominated candidates. He was lauded by the right for his courage at the time. How he managed to piss off both sides so readily is truly amazing. 

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

This is nothing new as everybody and their mother was saying he broke from normal protocol when he did it at the time in 2016. The FBI had always respected that time window relative to Election Day regarding the nominated candidates. He was lauded by the right for his courage at the time. How he managed to piss off both sides so readily is truly amazing. 

Oh without a doubt no question. His allegiance was and is only to himself, his arrogance was simply breathtaking.

1 minute ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Oh without a doubt no question. His allegiance was and is only to himself, his arrogance was simply breathtaking.

Or his allegiance was to the truth. When the truth burns both Democrats and Republicans, it's easy for both sides to turn on the truth.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, peace out said:

Or his allegiance was to the truth. When the truth burns both Democrats and Republicans, it's easy for both sides to turn on the truth.

I awlays felt it was "to himself", in that he told Congerss he'd inform them of new developments, and stood by his word.

There was plenty of other **** he may have done incorrectly, but I can't really fault him for standing by a commitment he made to Congress.

5 minutes ago, peace out said:

Good point here. He was between the proverbial rock and a hard place at the time. No matter how he proceeded he was going to upset some political faction or another. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I awlays felt it was "to himself", in that he told Congerss he'd inform them of new developments, and stood by his word.

There was plenty of other **** he may have done incorrectly, but I can't really fault him for standing by a commitment he made to Congress.

I can see this too.

Is the liberal train bumpy again? :lol:

11 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Good point here. He was between the proverbial rock and a hard place at the time. No matter how he proceeded he was going to upset some political faction or another. 

That's his job. It's not being between a rock and a hard place... it's literally his job.

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's his job. It's not being between a rock and a hard place... it's literally his job.

I agree wholeheartedly. Is it your position that sometimes the demands of a job won’t put a person between a rock and a hard place? Maybe I’m being too simplistic. 

12 minutes ago, K-9 said:

How the Clinton email and Trump campaign investigations were or weren't done had to be dictated by people above Comey.  Some in the FBI and other IC may have easily played along due to their own political biases but for the most part they must have been following marching orders.  Right now a lot of people are catching **** for their loyal to Obama and Lynch work.  Comey was/is in a tough spot. 

9 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I agree wholeheartedly. Is it your position that sometimes the demands of a job won’t put a person between a rock and a hard place? Maybe I’m being too simplistic. 

My position is, in light of the evidence we've seen to date, Comey put himself into that position knowingly at the height of an election. He did it because Strzok and McCabe were keeping him out of the loop and Comey went into self preservation mode, putting that above his oaths and duties as D-FBI. 

That isn't the same thing as the demands of the job putting him into a tough position. His own fecklessness and conscious decisions put him into a position he had no business being in in the first place.  

Note - because it's already trending on Twitter - the IG report NEVER includes referrals. Those come from Sessions and the DOJ after the report is released. Anyone saying "there aren't any referrals!" do not understand what they are talking about or how the IG process works inside the DOJ. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
separated posts

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So, we know there are new texts included... (as expected)

More on this bombshell text... with the pretext that we are still waiting to read the report itself... 

Green = previously released, red = new:

Dfqe2cnW4AE04hB.jpg

Here's that exchange in the released texts from August. Note, Strzok's "No. No he's not. We'll stop it" was expunged from the record:

Dfqe3HJX4AElNnb.jpg

August is right after Crossfire Hurricane was open (so, this is a HUGE text to have gone missing) and August is NOT the time period where the DOJ/FBI claimed to have missing texts due to a technical error (that was December 16-May 17). 

So WHO in the DOJ deliberately hid this text - which certainly shows an intent of the lead FBI Counterintelligence agent to STOP Trump from becoming president? 

This is why context of the WHOLE picture is key to understanding what's coming in this report

9 minutes ago, peace out said:

OMG!

That's damning...

...I mean, by the same ridiculous standard that "Trump talked to Russians" is damning.

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

More on this bombshell text... with the pretext that we are still waiting to read the report itself... 

Green = previously released, red = new:

Dfqe2cnW4AE04hB.jpg

Here's that exchange in the released texts from August. Note, Strzok's "No. No he's not. We'll stop it" was expunged from the record:

Dfqe3HJX4AElNnb.jpg

August is right after Crossfire Hurricane was open (so, this is a HUGE text to have gone missing) and August is NOT the time period where the DOJ/FBI claimed to have missing texts due to a technical error (that was December 16-May 17). 

So WHO in the DOJ deliberately hid this text - which certainly shows an intent of the lead FBI Counterintelligence agent to STOP Trump from becoming president? 

This is why context of the WHOLE picture is key to understanding what's coming in this report

That is damning as !@#$.  That's the sort of "if it doesn't fit, you must acquit" item that swings court cases.

• Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

My position is, in light of the evidence we've seen to date, Comey put himself into that position knowingly at the height of an election. He did it because Strzok and McCabe were keeping him out of the loop and Comey went into self preservation mode, putting that above his oaths and duties as D-FBI. 

That isn't the same thing as the demands of the job putting him into a tough position. His own fecklessness and conscious decisions put him into a position he had no business being in in the first place.  

Note - because it's already trending on Twitter - the IG report NEVER includes referrals. Those come from Sessions and the DOJ after the report is released. Anyone saying "there aren't any referrals!" do not understand what they are talking about or how the IG process works inside the DOJ. 

Absolutely true on the first part. Comey decided to carve a path, creating new procedures and deviating from what he was entrusted to do. He was a weak leader, and what happened on his watch was a national disgrace. Some things are complicated, but at the end of the day, it's no different than filling the slurpy machine at the 7-11.  Do your job the way your job is supposed to be done.  let the chips fall where they may. If Loretta Lynch f#@!ed up in her role, that's her problem, not yours.  

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

The fact that progressive cockroaches are scurrying fills me with delight. Time to fumigate.

Key to remember: this is the first of (at least) two reports. Both are intertwined, the players are the same but the investigations are different in scope. I fully expect the FISA report to be the most damning, this report today will serve more as a foundation for that second report. Doesn't mean there won't be damning stuff (look at the text above, that's grounds to to shutter Mueller's whole investigation - not that I'm calling for that yet - if you look at it in context) - most will just be buried under the flood of headlines already coming out. 

The devil is in the details on this one. Reading the report first hand will be necessary.

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

That is damning as !@#$.  That's the sort of "if it doesn't fit, you must acquit" item that swings court cases.

Yeah, it's real bad. 

Worse that the DOJ hid it and the OIG found it. 

It's not being reported much (yet), but it proves what I mentioned earlier. There will be a lot of early hype/spin/bloviating by all sides (right, left, center, fringe) trying to shape this report before anyone reads it. But it's the deep dive into the details like this that are going to do the most damage. That will take time to find. I expect a lot more little pieces like this, that when strung together with the larger FISA picture will be absolutely damning.