Nunes Memo to be Released

8 hours ago, njbuff said:

See what I mean about these leftist shills.

Trump hardly needed anything like Russia to win the election. He campaigned his ass off to do so, unlike his opponent.

The left simply can't accept that Trump connected with the middle of this country that was dying under Obama.

They just simply refuse to accept it and it's really sad. You see it all over this country. People have lost all grip on reality.

I say this as NO SUPPORTER of Trump and I also didn't vote for the man. 

Like it or not, he worked his ass off to get the Presidency and he has been solid. Hardly perfect, but solid. AGAIN, I say this as no Trump supporter.

OK so I will meet you halfway here & agree on the bolded. Trump ran a far better campaign and connected with voters in a deeper way than Hillary did or could've on her best day.

People are tired of the establishment, almost always in America, but increasingly so when class divisions are more severely pronounced, like they are now. Bush runs on anti-establishment and wins. Obama runs on anti-establishment against McCain and wins. It's also how he beat Hillary in the 08 primaries.

Hillary couldn't have been a more "establishment" if she tried, and Trump not only had no experience in politics, but he also played the game entirely differently. The primaries were entertaining like a reality show, because Trump knew how to be a persona far better than Jeb, Rubio, Cruz, whoever. He'd been doing it far longer and better. It was amusing to see him cut them down. 

Trump probably didn't need Russia, because Hillary being the most qualified candidate ever doesn't matter. Voters are not making decisions in the way a company hires an employee. They vote based on feeling. The story with Bush over Gore then Kerry was the "he seems like a guy I could have a beer with" mentality, for just one example. Abortion rights are always a key issue to get voters out because it's a highly emotional issue. It gets people out of the house and makes them prioritize going to the polls. On the other hand, Hillary was a robot, with the only appeal being "more of the same" and "first woman president." (Although, to be fair, she did win the popular vote, and it is weird that the last two Republican presidents won without it). In any case, it wasn't nearly enough.

Like it or not, none of that matters now. Whether Trump needed to cheat is irrelevant at this point. The Patriots probably didn't need to cheat to win Super Bowls but they did anyway. Brady probably didn't need deflated balls to beat the Colts but it didn't matter to Ted Wells. Trump probably didn't need Russia but it won't matter to Bob Mueller. 

Republicans spent years investigating Benghazi, and ultimately came away with nothing to show for it. Perhaps nothing will come of the Russia investigation, as well. Unlike the Benghazi episode, though, this crime isn't merely an investigation from the House Committee, far more likely to be motivated by partisanship than a Special Counsel comprised of old-school Republicans.

Regardless of left/right/who you voted for, at some point, transgressions have to matter. What Trump is accused of is a crime without precedent in the U.S.; breaking into the DNC or getting a blowjob from an intern seem like run-of-the-mill stories in comparison to the weight of what potentially happened.

Hey DR, I just popped in to see what the PPP crew was up to and read your post.  :beer:

I've enjoyed our conversations even though there was a time or two I was embarrassed by my responses.  Not so much the argument or position I held but in the way it had devolved.  

I respect your contributions.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, row_33 said:

2/3 of the country polled that the US was on the wrong track under Obama and Hillary wasn’t likeable

Polling Data

Poll Date Sample
Right Direction
Wrong Track
Spread
RCP Average 2/5 - 3/6 -- 34.4 56.6 -22.2
Economist/YouGov 3/4 - 3/6 1310 RV 34 56 -22
Monmouth 3/2 - 3/5 708 RV 33 60 -27
Reuters/Ipsos 3/2 - 3/6 2927 A 31 56 -25
Rasmussen Reports 2/25 - 3/1 2500 LV 40 53 -13
USA Today/Suffolk 2/20 - 2/24 1000 RV 29 60 -31
Harvard-Harris 2/16 - 2/19 1934 RV 37 54 -17
Marist 2/5 - 2/7 807 RV 37 57 -20

It's about the same now.  People just love to complain.  Hillary was a horrible candidate to run against Trump (obviously).  Also, I think the only president elected since FDR after eight years of that same party having the presidency was Bush Sr. after Reagan.  

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It's about the same now.  People just love to complain.  Hillary was a horrible candidate to run against Trump (obviously).  Also, I think the only president elected since FDR after eight years of that same party having the presidency was Bush Sr. after Reagan.  

I told Dukakis not to get in that tank but nooooo... 

Two terms and then flip just “for a change”

The People like a change just to have a change 

Two putative weak candidates in W and Trump won against attempts to coat-tail “third terms” for Democratic Presidents that the media assured us were among the greatest ever.....

6 hours ago, Magox said:

Hey DR, I just popped in to see what the PPP crew was up to and read your post.  :beer:

I've enjoyed our conversations even though there was a time or two I was embarrassed by my responses.  Not so much the argument or position I held but in the way it had devolved.  

I respect your contributions.

Same here, my friend. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LA Grant said:

Trump probably didn't need Russia, because Hillary being the most qualified candidate ever doesn't matter. Voters are not making decisions in the way a company hires an employee.

Hillary has virtually no real accomplishments in her political career. Hasn't produced any actual results to put on her resume.  Being married to a man who became president and then winning a senate seat in hopelessly liberal NYS as a democrat while running virtually unopposed within her party were gifts.  Being appointed secretary of state by your closest political rival (wink) and doing that job for 4 years and producing no tangible results (actually negative results) leaves her with an empty resume. 

The nomination in 2016 was engineered for her by the party and the media and when she got that her true weaknesses were exposed when she actually had to get herself across the finish line and couldn't in spite of the fact that she outspent her flawed opponent by a wide margin and enjoyed preferential treatment from the majority of the media.  Her only headwind was she had to run in the wake of Obama who's record as a President is piss poor.

22 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

A picture is worth 1,000 words isn't it? I bet we can come up with a few gems:

47edbc46104d0bfc6f684a0911210068b0edf0e6486f1ebb703045cd768c6a65.png

(obv not a real pic)

"It's a jump to conclusions mat.  You see, there's this mat....with different conclusions....that you jump to."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

DYH1_cmU0AAxjOh.jpg

DYH4O7WV4AAaYg_.jpg

Gonna keep these here rather than the Mueller thread (mistakenly thought I was posting there. Oops!)

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Former DNI James Clapper Allegedly Leaked to CNN, investigation revealed

House Intelligence Committee finds no evidence of Trump Russia collusion

https://saraacarter.com/former-dni-james-clapper-allegedly-leaked-to-cnn-investigation-revealed/

Enjoy what's coming, Mr. Clapper. History will not be kind to you.

Dems spin already starting: