Your favorite LARGE (i.e. nationwide or international) American corporation

9 hours ago, Augie said:

They are doing you no favors, enabling your inability to keep track of your stuff. They should be instructed.....to send all that to ME. The good stuff anyway....

Costco provides wonderful sampling stations. My wife laughs at me, then gets mad because she has to wait, while I circle back around. :)

its not often, but when it happens fedex out with no questions ! I don't love Costco as much you all..like it a lot, but don't love it.Best thing about Costco is they have the discounted gift cards to a restaurant we go quite often..saves $25 on a $100 bill everytime!

7 hours ago, Augie said:

I don’t get back in the car until the inevitable bathroom event occurs. It’s gonna happen, and soon.Now, thanks to @plenz I may have a way to find relief down the road! (But not too far, I hope.) 

Everone who travels should have this app on their phone!!!

https://www.charmin.com/en-us/about-us/sitorsquat

12 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Yes, more or less.

The first few times I used Lyft it seemed inferior but they have caught up;  at least here in San Francisco.  Not sure if they are as well established in every market.

I used Uber for the first time in Phoenix last year.

I took a taxi from the airport to my hotel.  During the ride, I told my driver that I was going to a D-Backs game that night and asked what a cab would be from my hotel to the stadium (Enterprise was out of cars, which still blows me away).  He told me it would be ~$30.  Then he told me to get Uber and how it would be cheaper. 

I did.  The Uber ride was $13 and was a great experience.  Picked me up very quickly; spotless car; friendly driver.  And 1/3 of the price.

Uber just launched where I live, which is a pretty small town.  The prices are just about identical to cabs.

12 hours ago, Augie said:

They are doing you no favors, enabling your inability to keep track of your stuff. They should be instructed.....to send all that to ME. The good stuff anyway....

Costco provides wonderful sampling stations. My wife laughs at me, then gets mad because she has to wait, while I circle back around. :)

Now if only Costco customers were even half as decent as the store itself.  People turn into absolute animals around those sample stations.  I've started going there on weekday nights when there aren't any samples just so I don't become the guy who ran over a tiny old asian woman with a shopping cart.  People will just camp out anywhere they damn well please and cross in front of carts without looking, all for a free tiny cube of cheese... actually the entire tray of tiny cubes of cheese.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Favorite corporation?  That is akin to asking what is your favorite type of cancer.  !@#$ the supremes interpretation of the 14th ammendment

No it's really not. Some corporations (like people) are better than others, and provide a better level of service.

On 1/29/2018 at 8:57 PM, mead107 said:

ManTech and Liberty Mutual 

they employ my kids. 

I have a couple policies through them.  I want to like them, but they wound up canceling my home owners insurance last year because they never bothered to process a simple form I sent to them three times.  The acknowledged receiving the form each time, but then never bothered doing anything with it.  Everything worked out eventually, but I still have no idea how they Fed that one up.

I really do want to like them though.  I just had a good experience right now with their customer service on something else.

Edited by shrader

17 minutes ago, shrader said:

I have a couple policies through them.  I want to like them, but they wound up canceling my home owners insurance last year because they never bothered to process a simple form I sent to them three times.  The acknowledged receiving the form each time, but then never bothered doing anything with it.  Everything worked out eventually, but I still have no idea how the Fed that one up.

I really do want to like them though.  I just had a good experience right now with their customer service on something else.

Nobody is opening envelopes anymore, or the email goes to box not maintained... "I ain't got time fo that!" ;)

mead... You have some 'splaining to do, get the kid on the line stat! ;)

And shrade... Don't think I didn't see what you did there.  Low blow! :P

58 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

And shrade... Don't think I didn't see what you did there.  Low blow! :P

Seeing as how I made a typo and wrote "the" instead of "they", I have no idea what you're getting at here.

4 minutes ago, shrader said:

Seeing as how I made a typo and wrote "the" instead of "they", I have no idea what you're getting at here.

Could have been a Federal government joke.  The Fed screws a lot up.  I thought that was a nice way of saying a screw up with out swearing.  They really do "Fed"' things up.   I didn't know it was a typo.

• Like (+1) 1