State of the Union 2018

B-Man

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The sanctions in question were the ones imposed by 44 on his way out the door - the ones designed to intentionally inflame the Russian situation into the political scandal it became. Those are, in my opinion, unimportant. 

The administration has sanctioned Russia through other - better - means. Including just yesterday (or the day before, I forget which. The one Putin laughed at). 

It's a canard, designed to get you to think the Russian story still has teeth. It doesn't.

Wasn’t it signed by Trump in August, 2017?

Dear leftist nutbags,

What you're watching happen to the Kennedy kid with the embarrassing drool moment -- currently being carved by social media into tomorrow's lede about the DNC message --  is a solid reminder from the Rubio campaign that you should be careful what you wish for, as you will surely get it.

Thanks again for your generous, forward-thinking generosity.

Sincerely, 

Trump/Pence 2020 Reelection Headquarters

Edited by LABillzFan
  • Like (+1) 1

I think they're doing that because they don't even want to touch the substance (or lack there-)of his message.  Even the left knows it was utter crap.  Better to attack the messenger, as usual.  And on such trivial things.

Is it just coincidence that the movie Idiocracy is playing on Starz right now?  Probably not, but good call on their part!

What Trump supported and omitted:

Supports paid family leave

Supports True amnesty for 1.8 million people

Supports massive infrastructure spending

No focus on US debt

Also agrees with Obama that Russia is not US's top geopolitical threat

No mention of entitlement reform

Sounds like a Democrats wet dream for a Republican partner to have.

But it's Trump.  And the Democrats don't care about truly getting things done even if they have a willing partner.

Does he support amnesty, or just granting a 'legal' status?  I'm honestly asking, as I don't know that I've heard a definitive answer.  I'm cool with a permanent legal status, so long as it doesn't come with a right to vote, nor any 'chain-migration' BS.  And it MUST be accompanied by upgraded enforcement of the border;  be that physical wall, technological wall, and/or all of the above.

As to the rest, just say no to 'paid family leave' as any kind of government-declared right.  That's between worker and employer.

I'm okay with infrastructure spending, so long as things are truly 'shovel ready' :P  Half-joking, no graft or waste, please.  Let's just get the interstate highway systems back up to snuff.

Let's reduce the debt by reducing spending across the board, straight 10% cut from last year works for me.  And then continue a 1% or better cut per year until we balance.

Let's get a budget in place, passed by Congress, that does the above, for the first time in too many years, please.

Russia is not top geo-political threat.  Countries with Sharia in place as ruling dictate are.

Entitlement-reform, see above about reduced spending across the board.

Thanks!

37 minutes ago, TtownBillsFan said:

Does he support amnesty, or just granting a 'legal' status?  I'm honestly asking, as I don't know that I've heard a definitive answer.  I'm cool with a permanent legal status, so long as it doesn't come with a right to vote, nor any 'chain-migration' BS.  And it MUST be accompanied by upgraded enforcement of the border;  be that physical wall, technological wall, and/or all of the above.

As to the rest, just say no to 'paid family leave' as any kind of government-declared right.  That's between worker and employer.

I'm okay with infrastructure spending, so long as things are truly 'shovel ready' :P  Half-joking, no graft or waste, please.  Let's just get the interstate highway systems back up to snuff.

Let's reduce the debt by reducing spending across the board, straight 10% cut from last year works for me.  And then continue a 1% or better cut per year until we balance.

Let's get a budget in place, passed by Congress, that does the above, for the first time in too many years, please.

Russia is not top geo-political threat.  Countries with Sharia in place as ruling dictate are.

Entitlement-reform, see above about reduced spending across the board.

Thanks!

Sup tibs

I agree, but I'd suggest China isn't so much an enemy, just someone we need to bring around to our way of seeing things.  We each have the other by the short and curlys.  Co-dependence.

Just now, Boyst62 said:

Sup tibs

Barking up the wrong tree there, buddy :P  I'm not that good, to be able to think that far left.  If he's a caricature, and not for real, he's way better than I could ever dream of putting myself in that mindset.  But I think I'm going to take that one as a compliment! :)

8 hours ago, Cugalabanza said:

is it not a little odd that Russia is not mentioned at all?  Sanctions, overwhelmingly approved by Congress, not being followed through on.

overall a good speech, but that’s a conspicuous omission.

Damned if he did, damned if he didn't. Better to leave it out of a speech that tried to call for unity.

2 hours ago, Magox said:

What Trump supported and omitted:

Supports paid family leave

Supports True amnesty for 1.8 million people

Supports massive infrastructure spending

No focus on US debt

Also agrees with Obama that Russia is not US's top geopolitical threat

No mention of entitlement reform

Sounds like a Democrats wet dream for a Republican partner to have.

But it's Trump.  And the Democrats don't care about truly getting things done even if they have a willing partner.

On the flipside, every single one of my TDS-inflicted friends suddenly cares about the federal budget.

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Agreed, the muslim world is our enemy. China is our enemy. Russia could be a valuable partner if we really tried.

Muslim countries won't quite !@#$ with Russia because they know they would get screwed. Thanks to Obama it's open season on America

2 hours ago, GG said:

On the flipside, every single one of my TDS-inflicted friends suddenly cares about the federal budget.

And several of my friends previously afflicted with ODS no longer have an aversion to Federal spending.

Funny how that works