Ithaca High School cancels spring play

The California man accused of killing a 19-year-old University of Pennsylvania student earlier this month is an avowed neo-Nazi and a member of one of the most notorious extremist groups in the country, according to three people with knowledge of the man’s recent activities.

The man, Samuel Woodward, has been charged in Orange County, California, with murdering Blaze Bernstein, who went missing in early January while visiting his family over winter break. Prosecutors allege that Woodward stabbed Bernstein more than 20 times before burying his body in an Orange County park where it was eventually discovered. The two men had attended high school together.

Woodward, 20, is set to be arraigned on Feb. 2 and has not yet entered a plea. Orange County prosecutors say they are examining the possibility that the killing was a hate crime — Bernstein was Jewish and openly gay — and some recent news reports have suggested that the alleged killer might hold far-right or even white supremacist political beliefs.

Now, three people with detailed knowledge of Woodward’s recent past have been able to shed more light on the young man’s extremist activities. They said Woodward was a member of the Atomwaffen Division, an armed Fascist group with the ultimate aim of overthrowing the U.S. government through the use of terrorism and guerrilla warfare.

https://www.propublica.org/article/california-murder-suspect-atomwaffen-division-extremist-hate-group

26 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Do you think President Trump will bring up white on white crime in the SOTU?

It is getting out of control!!! We must do something about it!!!!

Edited by westside

8 hours ago, DC Tom said:

And you wouldn't get a refund, as in demanding one you would demonstrate that you understood and partook in the very nature of the play: the show is not the stage, but the audience reaction to it.

You know that bull **** would sell to the New York theater crowd.

Do you get to wait at the ticket window and call everyone who wants a refund an idiot?  It's either that or you stand outside the theater door and say it to everyone.  I'm not really sure which would be better.

36 minutes ago, westside said:

Do you think President Trump will bring up white on white crime in the SOTU?

It is getting out of control!!! We must do something about it!!!!

Yeah, wack jobs in California. Hood'a thunk? They can't even put that scum to death - after a fair an impartial trial. What a country.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:25 AM, DC Tom said:

And you wouldn't get a refund, as in demanding one you would demonstrate that you understood and partook in the very nature of the play: the show is not the stage, but the audience reaction to it.

You know that bull **** would sell to the New York theater crowd.

How about a large mirror on the stage, so the audience can see their reactions?

On 1/29/2018 at 9:28 PM, DC Tom said:

I'm going to write a play for the new millenium: 90 minutes of an empty stage that no one can find offensive.

You say there is an empty stage. The snowflakes will argue that means no women, no people of color, and no gays, trans, lesbians or queers!

Theater people like you make America a schithole, and I hope Luis Gutierezz walks out out in the middle of your play...assuming he can tell when it's the middle.

On 1/27/2018 at 11:48 PM, keepthefaith said:

First we have to define person of color.  The US Census categorizes middle easterners as white. 

https://www.census.gov/topics/population/race/about.html

They turn white when they die. 

On 1/30/2018 at 10:39 AM, Tiberius said:

You think Trump has ever fired a gun? 

I’ll answer...probably. But I doubt he’s any good with one. I’m an average shot so I prefer high magazine capacity. But....I also believe in having more ammo than whoever you’re shooting at and I take it a little far. 

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:40 PM, DC Tom said:

What the !@#$?  Since when is French-Roma "person of color?"  

They likely got all of their information about Esmeralda from the Disney version:

250?cb=20111215203032

High School play cancelled after activists object to “colorblind casting,” demand race be considered

The Ithaca Gypsy population must be rioting and burning the town down right now over this injustice……..but just wait until the hunchbacks get involved. Those guys can get rowdy.

From the comments:

The name of the play is offensive. It should be re-titled as “The Person with Convex Kyphotic Curvature of the Spine of Notre Dame.”

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

High School play cancelled after activists object to “colorblind casting,” demand race be considered

The Ithaca Gypsy population must be rioting and burning the town down right now over this injustice……..but just wait until the hunchbacks get involved. Those guys can get rowdy.

From the comments:

The name of the play is offensive. It should be re-titled as “The Person with Convex Kyphotic Curvature of the Spine of Notre Dame.”

Notre Dame Cathedral is alienating to non-Christians.  "The Person with Convex Kyphotic Curvature of the Spine of An Example of European Gothic Architecture of a Non-Denominational Nature."