Anybody Know Jim?

I can't figure out from this article if the outrage is over the perceived lack of safety in buying the meat after being transported in the carts, or whether or not the shopping carts are being cleaned or just put back for customer use afterwards.

23 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I can't figure out from this article if the outrage is over the perceived lack of safety in buying the meat after being transported in the carts, or whether or not the shopping carts are being cleaned or just put back for customer use afterwards.

Possibly a little of both.

22 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I never thought it that way.  Good point.  I was focused on the meat in cart angle... Making meat bad for consumption.  I suppose it would be pretty gross to plop your child in it or put your food in it after the raw meat was in there.  It was pork too. 

24 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

When I was installing Radio Equipment on ships for the Peruvian Navy I watched sailors dragging large shanks of beef along the pier onto the pier.   And the pier was filthy.   

(And yes I are food served on the ship for lunch and dinner).  

Because you had to.  You were on a Peruvian prison pram!

:P

FWIW:

https://firstwefeast.com/eat/2014/12/genghis-khan-created-the-hamburger

• Mongol warriors lived on the steppe, which posed a problem for acquiring food and wood.
  • As a survival mechanism, Mongolian cavalrymen would keep meat underneath their saddles to transport and tenderize meat.
  • They brought this technique west to the Russians, who turned the idea into steak tartare.
  • Via trade, the idea passed through Germany, where people began making ‘hamburg steaks’ in, you guessed it, Hamburg.
  • German immigrants moved to America, where the hamburg steak finally met its bun.

Enjoy!  BON APPETIT!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

99 Ranch  is an Asian Supermarket chain in California. They have tanks of fish swimming around in the store where you can pick the  fish you want them to freshly filet for you.

The  shopping  carts were grabbed  from the neighboring Costco by the company delivering the meat.  The meat company is at fault. The supermarket immediately destroyed the meat. At least the  carts weren't  full of cats.