The Giants and the #2 pick

On 1/26/2018 at 9:09 AM, dave mcbride said:

What do you make of that quote, CB? I personally think that Eli's obit has been written prematurely. He's still a quality qb who can make the throws and simply needs a much, much better running game, o-line, and healthy receivers.

Is it also conceivable that the Giants like Davis Webb, or at least want to see what he’s got before they use the second pick in the draft on another QB?

16 minutes ago, mannc said:

Is it also conceivable that the Giants like Davis Webb, or at least want to see what he’s got before they use the second pick in the draft on another QB?

And that they know their O-line stinks... and they'd rather have two first round picks this year in a reasonably good group of 1st round OL to begin fixing that.  

15 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

How people don't understand this is beyond me. The ONLY chance that the Browns mess this up is if some homeless guy tells Haslim to pick Mason Rudolph #1.

Of course if that happens I suspect Dorsey and Wolf will duct tape him and toss him in a closet.

I have to see it to believe it. They still have a meddling owner who doesn't know how to let his people run the show. Obviously, they hired some good people, but will he leave them alone to do their thing? I'm not betting on it until I see it.  What happens when the pressure is on in the draft room? 

55 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I have to see it to believe it. They still have a meddling owner who doesn't know how to let his people run the show. Obviously, they hired some good people, but will he leave them alone to do their thing? I'm not betting on it until I see it.  What happens when the pressure is on in the draft room? 

Guys like Dorsey and Wolf don't take the job if they don't have the final say. They are not by any means "yes men".  After Dorsey was hired I remember seeing a quote from Haslim to the effect of saying that he hired football minds because they know best and can direct him what they need from him as an owner. The Browns of the past are irrelevant...there is finally a plan in place and I hope for that fan base they have success. Would be nice if the next 10 years were the Browns and Bills fighting for home field advantage.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Guys like Dorsey and Wolf don't take the job if they don't have the final say. They are not by any means "yes men".  After Dorsey was hired I remember seeing a quote from Haslim to the effect of saying that he hired football minds because they know best and can direct him what they need from him as an owner. The Browns of the past are irrelevant...there is finally a plan in place and I hope for that fan base they have success. Would be nice if the next 10 years were the Browns and Bills fighting for home field advantage.

People should stop counting on continuing ineptitude from the Browns. 

3 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

I totally agree, I'm just saying that Haslim has not shown the ability to stay out of things. He said he was going to back off in the past and he has yet to do that. I think at the end of the day, and NFL owner technically has final say. I just want to see it actually happen before I bank on it is all.  

It would be awesome to see a return to prominence for both of these proud franchises. Hopefully the Steelers and Pats will be one their way down. 

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

If we see a video clip of the Browns war room and it includes a large box and a roll of duct tape, we'll know  :P

• Haha (+1) 2