QB: Mike White WKU

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It just stood out to me because it was such a change from his Jr year at WKU, any idea why?

Senior Bowl 2018: What we saw from all 8 quarterbacks Buffalo Bills are scouting

It was fun to see what Mike White could do when he wasn’t playing behind Western Kentucky’s porous offensive line. He showed off his strong arm during practices this week and delivered the ball with accuracy. It would be nice to see him throw with a bit more anticipation, but he has a strong week. His best throw came on Wednesday with his tight end running a corner route. White came off his first read and put perfect touch on the pass between a few defenders and it led to a touchdown. There’s a shot White could come off the board on day two, and he’s certainly a name to watch in Buffalo. 

7 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

I don't get returning to the well of "let's take a non-elite QB." We have gone that route since JK retired with the exception of Manuel and it has never worked.  

7 hours ago, BobChalmers said:

EJ and Losman were also  non-elite, so not exceptions.

7 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

First QB in a historically bad class. And he wasn't even the best of a bad lot. Sorry but I can't give them any credit for drafting EJ  in any round, not even an A for effort.

I gave them an F for waiting until they were so desperate they had to draft a stiff like EJ.

7 hours ago, BobChalmers said:

So your core argument stands pretty strong - they have literally not ever really tried to make the move for an elite guy - heck Kelly was the 3rd QB taken, right?

AND they drafted Tony Hunter first.

As with many QB opinions this time of year, the take on Mike White seems to be all over the board. On one site, they talk about his lack of arm, and two other sites they talk about his NFL quality arm strength, in another forum the discussion is that he plays "half field read", and on another they talk about his ability to audible at the line....it really is incredible to see the disparity in opinion once you get past the usual 4 in this Draft of Darnold, Rosen, Allen and Mayfield. Those 4 are polarizing enough and then to try and read up on / watch Mike White, it seems like a schizophrenic turd eating baby that can't make up it's mind.....

To his credit, he sat out in between his Sophmore and Junior years to learn more from the QB at WKU and immediately saw returns. His Junior year was fantastic as others have said and additionally, he chose to stay for his Senior year despite some telling him he should go and could go to the NFL so he could learn even more. But what intrigues me about White, is that he came to football late, only starting his Senior year in high school and leading his team to state playoff games in FLORIDA, meaning it wasn't Colorado where the bison roam...it's a truly competitive football state with some real stars. This tells me that 1. he recognized he needed to continue to learn and grow and stayed in college to do exactly that, unfortunately his teammates decided the NFL looked better and he didn't have nearly the same year as a Senior and 2. he still has so much potential to develop even further where most QBs in their 5 year Senior season, have reached their cap.

This tells me, that taking a QB like Mike White in the 2nd round - and based on what I saw in the highlights for myself - is a good decision if he lasts that long. QBs always go at least one round earlier than they "should", so I could also see Buffalo trading back one of their picks for a late 1st and picking up an extra 3rd or 4th and Drafting him at the bottom of the 1st or the very top of the 2nd. 

Today's showing by Mike White reinforced what I have posted previously:

Barring some unforeseen happenings in the first round with QB's, White should be our pick. If they believe he will be gone at 53, trade back with one of our 1's, grab him in the early 2nd round, and gain a pick in the process.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, simool said:

Barring some unforeseen happenings in the first round with QB's, White should be our pick. If they believe he will be gone at 53, trade back with one of our 1's, grab him in the early 2nd round, and gain a pick in the process.

Would you take him over Lauletta if both were there?

On 1/26/2018 at 8:06 AM, BigBuff423 said:

As with many QB opinions this time of year, the take on Mike White seems to be all over the board. On one site, they talk about his lack of arm, and two other sites they talk about his NFL quality arm strength, in another forum the discussion is that he plays "half field read", and on another they talk about his ability to audible at the line....it really is incredible to see the disparity in opinion once you get past the usual 4 in this Draft of Darnold, Rosen, Allen and Mayfield. Those 4 are polarizing enough and then to try and read up on / watch Mike White, it seems like a schizophrenic turd eating baby that can't make up it's mind.....

To his credit, he sat out in between his Sophmore and Junior years to learn more from the QB at WKU and immediately saw returns. His Junior year was fantastic as others have said and additionally, he chose to stay for his Senior year despite some telling him he should go and could go to the NFL so he could learn even more. But what intrigues me about White, is that he came to football late, only starting his Senior year in high school and leading his team to state playoff games in FLORIDA, meaning it wasn't Colorado where the bison roam...it's a truly competitive football state with some real stars. This tells me that 1. he recognized he needed to continue to learn and grow and stayed in college to do exactly that, unfortunately his teammates decided the NFL looked better and he didn't have nearly the same year as a Senior and 2. he still has so much potential to develop even further where most QBs in their 5 year Senior season, have reached their cap.

This tells me, that taking a QB like Mike White in the 2nd round - and based on what I saw in the highlights for myself - is a good decision if he lasts that long. QBs always go at least one round earlier than they "should", so I could also see Buffalo trading back one of their picks for a late 1st and picking up an extra 3rd or 4th and Drafting him at the bottom of the 1st or the very top of the 2nd. 

It's because most of the people commenting on these QBs really have no flippin' idea.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I would, White has a stronger arm.  Thankfully, I don't have to make that kind of decision. I merely need to decide on what kind of pizza I am having for dinner.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, simool said:

22 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I wouldn't take either one with more than a 4th round pick. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I wouldn't take either one with more than a 4th round pick. 

Well, that's clearly not going to happen.  He will go in the second to someone. Based off what I expect to be available at 21 and 22, and the high likelihood that Beane won't trade up. I don't see a better option.

On 1/25/2018 at 10:54 AM, DCOrange said:

I've watched a few games of his. He certainly has the physical tools you look for in a developmental guy. However, his ball placement is very inconsistent and he seems to take a long time to process what's happening around him. I'd be fine taking a chance on him in like the 6th or 7th round, but I prefer a handful of other guys once we get past the 1st round guys. Eliminating the guys that I view as 1st rounders (Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, and Lamar), I'd go with:

1. Kyle Lauletta

2. Logan Woodside

3. Luke Falk

4. Mason Rudolph

5. Chase Litton

6. Riley Ferguson

7. Kurt Benkert

8. Mike White

I'd take Rudolph or Ferguson over Falk.

52 minutes ago, simool said:

Well, that's clearly not going to happen.  He will go in the second to someone. Based off what I expect to be available at 21 and 22, and the high likelihood that Beane won't trade up. I don't see a better option.

IMO your based off is off base.  He doesn't look like a 2nd round talent to me, but we'll see. 

2 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Supposedly at the Senior Bowl Luke Falk was leaps ahead of QBs when it came to anticipation and timing.

Not sure how his accuracy and velocity were. 

But id suspect Falk and White will be in play day 3 early in the 3rd

Day 3 means round 4 or later. 

3 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I think our last pick in the 2nd will be a QB.

I also think we trade pick 21 for an early 2nd, a 3rd round comp pick and a 3rd in 2019 draft.

Draft Harrison Phillips at 22. That leaves Bills with three 2nd round picks and two 3rd round picks.

Based on what with the draft not beginning until April 26th with no needs addressed in Free Agency until March? Who will the QB be and what is the team that makes that deal?

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Day 3 means round 4 or later. 

Meaning probably 6-7 QBs will be off the board and I think Falk and White go around pick 75-95. So mid 3rd.

I feel yes they are 4th rd guys, have some potential. But a lot of teams need A QB. Even if it’s just insurance.

Just now, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Meaning probably 6-7 QBs will be off the board and I think Falk and White go around pick 75-95. So mid 3rd.

I feel yes they are 4th rd guys, have some potential. But a lot of teams need A QB. Even if it’s just insurance.

Doubt it. They both look like projects with White in the 4th or 5th and Falk between rounds 5 and 7 IMO.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Based on what with the draft not beginning until April 26th with no needs addressed in Free Agency? Who will the QB be and what is the team that makes that deal?

Based on there is about 8 worthy QBs of being drafted in the top 3 rounds. To ensure they get someone worthy they will reach with the pick from the Rams. Instead of waiting til 3/4 the way in round 3.

Bills will still get a Vet QB, let Peterman and Rookie battle for Backup.