QB: Mike White WKU

3 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

If the Bill's miss out on the top 4 and are not thrilled with Rudolph or Jackson does someone like Mike White work for you ?

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/kentuckiana/2018/01/25/wku-quarterback-mike-white-getting-little-nfl-draft-buzz-senior-bowl/1062820001/

Somebody somewhere mentioned he “talked to the Bills” at the Sr Bowl. I asked 716 if he had time to review White and he indicated he’d try. Look the the college football forum for his other QB write ups.

5 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

How does he compare to Fergie's dark horse QB Remi Issaly?

I scouted Remi for about 12 hours on YouTube. Watched all his game film. I think Mike White is a poor man’s Remi Issaly but might be worth a shot if we can’t land an elite passer. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

If the Bill's miss out on the top 4 and are not thrilled with Rudolph or Jackson does someone like Mike White work for you ?

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/kentuckiana/2018/01/25/wku-quarterback-mike-white-getting-little-nfl-draft-buzz-senior-bowl/1062820001/

He is my preferred QB pick. Ideally take one of our ones and trade back if possible.  Don't think he will last until 53.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-2018-prospect-preview-wku-qb-mike-white-is-on-par-with-nations-elite

Edited by simool
  • Like (+1) 1

I've watched a few games of his. He certainly has the physical tools you look for in a developmental guy. However, his ball placement is very inconsistent and he seems to take a long time to process what's happening around him. I'd be fine taking a chance on him in like the 6th or 7th round, but I prefer a handful of other guys once we get past the 1st round guys. Eliminating the guys that I view as 1st rounders (Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, and Lamar), I'd go with:

1. Kyle Lauletta

2. Logan Woodside

3. Luke Falk

4. Mason Rudolph

5. Chase Litton

6. Riley Ferguson

7. Kurt Benkert

8. Mike White

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BobChalmers said:

Losman was the 4th QB taken and we unwisely traded back into the 1st round to take him only after drafting lee evans, which should show you that they didn't actually view him as elite. We took him as a consolation prize after not getting Big Ben and tried to sell him as being just as good as Ben, Eli and Rivers  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Losman was the 4th QB taken and we unwisely traded back into the 1st round to take him only after drafting lee evans, which should show you that they didn't actually view him as elite. We took him as a consolation prize after not getting Big Ben and tried to sell him as being just as good as Ben, Eli and Rivers  

By that measure I don't think they thought of Manuel as "elite" either. You don't trade down for an elite QB.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Touche. But we made him the first QB taken, so I figured I'd give them a point for apparently trying.  

So your core argument stands pretty strong - they have literally not ever really tried to make the move for an elite guy - heck Kelly was the 3rd QB taken, right?

38 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Man, if only we had just sweetened the pot to Jacksonville...scaredy-cats thinking their receiver was going to be gone if they traded with us.

...and, correct me if I am wrong...if we don't trade the following year's 1st round pick to move up for Losman we would have been able to pick up Aaron Rodgers at that spot?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

24 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

So, did we not view Kelly as elite? He was our 2nd 1st rounder that year. 

18 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Touche. But we made him the first QB taken, so I figured I'd give them a point for apparently trying.  

First QB in a historically bad class. And he wasn't even the best of a bad lot. Sorry but I can't give them any credit for drafting EJ  in any round, not even an A for effort.