Ravens CB Marlon Humphrey arrested for robbery

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

What is it with these guys going back to Alabama and getting in trouble? Reuben Foster was arrested a couple weeks ago there for marijuana possession. If he had stayed in CA he would have been fine.  And of course there was Mr. Spicy, 99.

I was thinking WTF is it with the Ravens?  Murder, public assault on Babymama, now armed robbery WTF?

4 hours ago, Doc said:

I can understand getting caught for drugs, but robbery? What could you possibly need to steal as an NFL player?

A phone charger, apparently.    But it actually sounds like assault and battery would be more a propos.

Just now, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Can't blame Baltimore for that. That was allllllllll Rex Ryan.

Rex brought us from Baltimore...the Agony of de Feet

3 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

So Marshawn Lynch walks into Buffalo pubs with his own liquor and orders coke.....and it doesnt make news

This poor guy forgets which cell phone charger is his and gets arrested

I'm betting it's an issue of a race. Clearly that's the only reason this is a story

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2018 at 3:20 PM, SaviorPeterman said:

Unfortunately a lot of these kids will never escape the ghetto thug life no matter how many millions of dollars and good fortune a career in pro sports can bring them.

Not every black kid that gets in trouble is due to a "ghetto thug life" upbringing. 

Humphrey never grew up in the "ghetto". He grew up in the suburbs, his parents were middle (to middle upper) class. His father was an ex NFL football player as well as a minister. Held a good full time job. His mother was an athlete too. Both attended college. 

Marlon was a smart student, did well in school. He was a junior Olympic medalist (multiple times).  He went to Hoover High School, which is a highly ranked public school (#500 something out of 17,000+ schools) with student test scores well above average. He has like 4 siblings that (I believe) all attended college too. 

Also, he's never been in legal trouble before this from everything I could find. 

If you read the story posted in this thread, I don't see how you can even draw any conclusions about this having anything to do with "ghetto thug life".

He was hanging out with a couple chicks, got drunk, asked to borrow a phone charger and got mad when asked to return it (because he claims he forgot in his drunken state that it wasn't his). 

Something like that could happen to someone regardless of where they grew up or what color their skin is. And they surely don't have to have lived a "ghetto thug life" which you have no clue if this guy ever lived that lifestyle anyway.

In fact, I'm sure most of us could tell some type of drinking story - maybe not involving the police - but a drinking story where we forgot who something belonged to or got angry for a stupid reason, or had a drunk friend/person get angry. Maybe even got into a dumb fight. It doesn't automatically mean you were raised a certain way or are reverting to a certain lifestyle. 

Sounds like he just made a stupid mistake is all. I'm not sticking up for his actions. I'm just pointing out that it has nothing to do with what you said. 

Edited by BillsFan4