Offseason Fun - 3 Questions

Virgil

I don't know if this will be well received or not, but I thought we could celebrate the offseason with a little, get to know you game.  You answer three questions.  The first two questions don't change, the 3rd question is made by the previous poster.   Since I'm going first, I'm going first, I'll have to answer my own.

1 (Same for everyone) - First memory as a Bills fan - I think my first really solid memory was the Bills first Superbowl when I was 10.  I wasn't really watching it, but knew my father and sister were really into something.  I never really paid attention to football before, so it was tough for me to follow.  When the kick went wide right, I could see how pissed my dad was, but it still didn't make a lot of sense as to why.  There's a splash of memories for the next season and I was hooked and crying when they lost their 3rd Superbowl.

2 (Same for everyone) - Favorite Poster and Why - As much as he can catch an attitude sometimes, I really do appreciate 26Corner.  Some give him crap for copy and pasting links, but that can be a job in itself.  In a world of ESPN, Twitter, Rotoworld; I can usually catch news here faster than most of those sites cause the man is on it.  He's usually so quick that I almost wonder if he's okay if I post something breaking before he does.  I don't know what the man does for a living and he refuses to say, but I really do appreciate how much this site is current.

3 (Random Question for myself) - Why did you choose your username - My parents used to joke with me as a kid that they were going to name me Virgil instead of Derek.  I think it was a joke my dad made towards my mom when messing with her around boy names.  They used it to play at me and it got out at my school.   Kids thought they were making fun of me, but I just owned it.  It's since become my gamertag and avatar for everything.

4 - (Question for the next poster) - If you could see the Bills do one specific move this offseason, what would it be?  And you can't just say QB.  If it's that, how and who.

OK, I'll play.

First memory as a Bills fan: watching Jack Kemp quarterback the Bills on an old black and white TV in the 1966 AFL championship, which they lost to the Chiefs.

I suppose I must have some dim memory of the wins the previous year but it was pretty much a rout and I remember how let down my Grandpa was

Favorite poster:  Right now Badlands Meanie.  He has a sense of humor and is trying to contribute meaningful content.

If I could see the Bills.... QB of course,  I want to see them make a big push for Cousins, who I rate well-within a top 10 QB on a meh team over last 4 years.  But I would be OK with any significant "push" towards finding "the guy" - trade for Smith and draft a QB they like in a slight trade-up or the 2nd round

Question for the next poster:  if you could change one thing about Two Bills Drive, what would it be?

First Bills Memory was family cheering on Simpson to break the 2,000 yard barrier in one season - small TV but Big Cheers.

Favorite Poster - may not be fair answer but hey it changes - this time of year love Blokestradamus, Gunner Bill and other Draft enthusiasts (sorry its like the Oscar Award speech - way too many to thank).   Kudos to Yolo in Ohio and 26 CornerBlitzfor awesome timely  updates all year.

I chose "Beef on Weck" since even though  I live in Rochester - it is a WNY Fave.

One thing if I could on TSW - maybe separating Real Updated Stories (about Players/Game facts) vs other stories that are more Opinions and hypotheticals - but no worries - I'll read about all of them.  Upon further review -perhaps  less snarky comments would make for more peace but lately its been all great to me.

Question for the next Player:

What game would you choose us to play on Prime Time MNF next season (and why)....

14 minutes ago, Beef on Weck said:

First Bills Memory was family cheering on Simpson to break the 2,000 yard barrier in one season - small TV but Big Cheers.

Favorite Poster - may not be fair answer but hey it changes - this time of year love Blokestradamus, Gunner Bill and other Draft enthusiasts (sorry its like the Oscar Award speech - way too many to thank).   Kudos to Yolo in Ohio and 26 CornerBlitzfor awesome timely  updates all year.

I chose "Beef on Weck" since even though  I live in Rochester - it is a WNY Fave.

One thing if I could on TSW - maybe separating Real Updated Stories (about Players/Game facts) vs other stories that are more Opinions and hypotheticals - but no worries - I'll read about all of them.  Upon further review -perhaps  less snarky comments would make for more peace but lately its been all great to me.

Question for the next Player:

What game would you choose us to play on Prime Time MNF next season (and why)....

First Bills memory - the 4th Super Bowl loss.  I believe the Bills recovered an onside kick late.  I thought they could do it a couple more times.  I guess that was the beginning of blind  Bills faith.

Favourite poster - Yolo.  Not sure if I agree with him the most compared to other posters or appreciate his calm, common sense demeanour.  Tip of the cap to the sense of humour too that isn’t overwhelming.  

MNF next season - tough question.  I want it to be a home game for everyone to see our passionate fans at one time.  I guess against Chicago because I hate them and would love to see us take them out like deck shoes (which are coming back).

For the next Bills fan - trying to keep this positive since that is the direction the team is going....favourite 1st round pick in your lifetime by the Bills?

Edited by Manther

First Bills memory:  early 80s as a kid, Booker Moore scooped me up and drove off with me in his golf cart at Fredonia,  He would’ve been arrested for that in 2017.  I was around 6-7

Favorite poster:  tough call.  Year round:  Yolo.  Offseason:  Bandit.  Newcomer: Badlands.  

Favorite 1st rd pick:  sad to say I was most excited about Willis McGahee......or was it Marshawn Lynch?  I’ll say McGahee because I had my heart set on Patrick Willis, but knew he’d be gone by our pick.  Loved me some Marshawn at Cal.  I though McGahee was all world before the knee injury and was willing to wait it out even though we had a solid rb at the time (Henry).

question for the next poster:  Would you offer jimmy G 33 mill a year and give up 2 first rd picks to finalize it?

No way on that Jimmy G. question........too much money. I'd give up the two first-rounders (THIS YEAR'S) but only want to pay him $18m first year, $20m second, and then the contract isn't guaranteed or towards the cap any longer. 

First Bills memory: I remember being a smaller kid, probably 6-7 (so 1984-1985), and having binoculars on a warm sunny day, about midfield, under the overhang. I distinctly remember the upper deck across the way being COMPLETELY empty (stands to reason!) and the lower bowl ends also being fairly empty. We left around halftime.

Favorite poster: Depends. On the "straight" side of the board, meaning nothing but Bills info? Either the topic starter above or Kirby Jackson. 26 and Yolo and the normal great posters get honorable mention. Now, on the "other" side of the board where replies and topics are NOT Bills-related, necessarily? You have a mess at first place: DC, teef, Royale with Cheese, jimmy10, gugny, mead, Boyst, there are too many to mention and I know I'm forgetting someone (sorry!)

Next poster's question: What would you give up PERMANENTLY to see the Bills win the SB next season?

1. First memory is actually being given a huge Jim Kelly poster when I was 11 by our American family friend when he visited the UK. I had no idea who he was and knew American Football was a thing but didn't know anymore than that.  My first memory of watching us play was watching us on TV losing a pre-season game to Detroit while I was on holiday at his home in San Diego in 2002.  

2. I have a lot of favourites.  Generally the people who you can disagree and debate with without them thinking you are personally attacking their opinions.  Kirby, NoSaint, Badol and loads more.

3. I have two sporting loves Arsenal FC and the Buffalo Bills.  Arsenal's nickname is the Gunners (or Gooners for those in the know) so GunnerBill is a composite of the two.  

4. I would give up posting on here if you guaranteed it would help us win a SB :)

My question to who comes next...... From the past 4 drafts who is the one guy who was there when the Bills picked (in any round) who you were banging the table for and we did not pick?

Edited by GunnerBill

1) OJ and the Electric Company (led by Joe D and Reggie) in the early/mid 70's .. yes I'm Old.

2) Gunner Bill ... I appreciate his insights and depth of knowledge on players

3) Self Explanatory .. we will get revenge from Wide Right at some point

4) I want DL if we hold our picks (Vea .. though don't think he'll be there .. Davenport the kid from UTSA ... Hurst Mich) and stud LB (I see where some mocks have Roquan Smith form Georgia dropping to us .. I just don't see it).

Extra ? by Gunner ... last 4 drafts .. but hindsight is 20/20

2014 -- Trading up to #4 for Sammy and not taking home product Mack from UB (as a UB grad he's the greatest athlete to come from the program) who went 5th

2015 - No choice as we gave up our #1 & #4 for the above move

2016 - Round 2 ... taking Ragland at #44 in lieu of Michael Thomas at  #47

2017 - I actually loved round 2 last year ... I loved the Zay pick (though he had rough year .. hopefully surgery helps) having watched him at ECU (my daughter goes there) I thikn he will come back and surprise in 2018 playing in the slot.

27 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

1) OJ and the Electric Company (led by Joe D and Reggie) in the early/mid 70's .. yes I'm Old.

2) Gunner Bill ... I appreciate his insights and depth of knowledge on players

3) Self Explanatory .. we will get revenge from Wide Right at some point

4) I want DL if we hold our picks (Vea .. though don't think he'll be there .. Davenport the kid from UTSA ... Hurst Mich) and stud LB (I see where some mocks have Roquan Smith form Georgia dropping to us .. I just don't see it).

Extra ? by Gunner ... last 4 drafts .. but hindsight is 20/20

2014 -- Trading up to #4 for Sammy and not taking home product Mack from UB (as a UB grad he's the greatest athlete to come from the program) who went 5th

2015 - No choice as we gave up our #1 & #4 for the above move

2016 - Round 2 ... taking Ragland at #44 in lieu of Michael Thomas at  #47

2017 - I actually loved round 2 last year ... I loved the Zay pick (though he had rough year .. hopefully surgery helps) having watched him at ECU (my daughter goes there) I thikn he will come back and surprise in 2018 playing in the slot.

What’s your question for the next person?

1 - First Memory

2 - Favorite Poster and Why

3 - Answer Previous Poster’s Question

4 - Create Question for the next Poster

9 hours ago, Virgil said:

1 (Same for everyone) - First memory as a Bills fan - OJ and the electric company pushing for 2000 yards!

2 (Same for everyone) - Favorite Poster and Why -  26Corner for his info and tenacity, Yolo because he's calm and funny, GunnerBill for his insights

3 (Random Question for myself) - Why did you choose your username - Because of the TCU Horned Frogs and the fact my wife says I'm a horn dog.

4 - (Question for the next poster) - If you could see the Bills do one specific move this offseason, what would it be?  Sign Star Lotulelei to improve the interior of the defense.

Hard to quote horned frogs, but i will go anyway

1) First memory of Bills is my first game at the Rockpile. 3 things stand out to me from that game

• parking on the street, but having to pay $5 to some dude to "watch " our car.
  • seeing a kid my age get his ticket stolen right from his hand(carry my tickets front pocket till this this day)
  • seeing the fights in the end zone for the ball after kicks

2) Favorite poster..tie between Hammersticks, Augie,  and Levi just cause they all make me laugh, and that is way more important to me than anyone's opinion on the Bills:lol:

3) user name is simple. work email was plenz, when I wanted a Hotmail account plenz was taken. I lived in MD then, but some DR. had taken plenzmd. So went with plenzmd1, and just used that when I signed up here way back when in like 2003 or so.

Random question for next poster...what popular Bills player have you despised the most and why?

49 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hard to quote horned frogs, but i will go anyway

1) First memory of Bills is my first game at the Rockpile. 3 things stand out to me from that game

• parking on the street, but having to pay $5 to some dude to "watch " our car.
  • seeing a kid my age get his ticket stolen right from his hand(carry my tickets front pocket till this this day)
  • seeing the fights in the end zone for the ball after kicks

2) Favorite poster..tie between Hammersticks, Augie,  and Levi just cause they all make me laugh, and that is way more important to me than anyone's opinion on the Bills:lol:

3) user name is simple. work email was plenz, when I wanted a Hotmail account plenz was taken. I lived in MD then, but some DR. had taken plenzmd. So went with plenzmd1, and just used that when I signed up here way back when in like 2003 or so.

Random question for next poster...what popular Bills player have you despised the most and why?

I would probably be a lot of peoples favorite poster, but I don't have time to post much...because I'm in high level business meetings a lot!

• Haha (+1) 2